ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LOL

i recently aquired a 10" sub.

ive got the renault 4x45w HU.

i put the sub in the boot, and ran the +ve from one rear speaker to the sub, and the -ve from the other rear speaker to the sub, and to he honest, the bass from the sub was suprising to me. without the aid of an amp

in theory i have "bridged" the 2 rear channels of the HU. have i?

any comments

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Hmmm, thats an interesting way to do it.

Have you used an amp before? Does the std HU give the same sort of performance?

Ive got a Pioneer HU with 50W Mofset...Think a 10" could sound pretty sweet

yea, my mate sed a sub sounds reasonable off his pioneernever heard my sub on an amp. just ran it the way ive stated above. as i say, it isnt too bad. however, how can i stop high notes getting to the sub? can i use some kind of inline filters???

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

even with the Pioneer which states in the user manual that it can directly run a sub? (built in crossover etc)

silver valver/hybrid

ahhhhhhh! dont do that matey! head units are not designed to run at lower ohms which is what you have done by bridging it. Also the sub will not be getting enough power. You WILL knacker both if you keep it like that.