ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Longbridge Mill Basingstoke Tuesday 15th April

Clio v6 & Atom 300
Are you planning on doing any trackdays in it soon?

Would be really interesting to see how it compares against Porkies westy performance wise:

I am planning on some trackdays. I have 5 trackdays on my insurance. Nothing booked yet tho.

The sequential shift looks ACE on the westy! What engine / weight is it?

Peter

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I am planning on some trackdays. I have 5 trackdays on my insurance. Nothing booked yet tho.

I reckon once the bug bites you will want more like 5 a month, lol

The sequential shift looks ACE on the westy! What engine / weight is it?

Peter

Its 695 kilos wet, and its a 500bhp YB Cosworth engine although on that video it was running low boost of only around 400bhp as I turned the boost down shortly before he went out to try and help with the noise as the rules are strict at bedford on drive-by.

The sequential box is awesome but is expensive and fragile and is the reason I will no longer drive the car, used to enjoy driving it on the old T5 box but I dont want to be the one holding the stick on this one when it goes bang and hence feel obliged to pick up a huge bill, lol.

Clio v6 & Atom 300
That westy sounds like a proper weapon!

With 400 or 500 BHP and similar-ish weight to the Atom it must be EPIC fun.:cool:

Must be a fair bit quicker than my car, but my Atom is quick enough for me.... for now. ;)

I'll post up some vids of the Atom on track at some point.

I'm lucky enough to have FREE instruction available too so i really have no excuse not to get out on track (my father is ARDS qualified). :eek:

Peter

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thats a handy thing for your dad to be!

Westy would be a lot quicker in straight line im sure, but I suspect the atom handles better perhaps so might not be a lot in it over a lap?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Good to see everyone last night.

A lot of us are doing Llandow in August so it would be good to see the Atom there as well.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Good to see everyone last night.

A lot of us are doing Llandow in August so it would be good to see the Atom there as well.

Can imagine the atom being particuarly crazy at llandow as its a small track with such tight corners that it really relies on acceleration to get any meaningful speed on the straights, my turbo clio was good fun there and this thing is same power and half the weight!