ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a clio Turbo am i making the right decision ? Meg content

BG 182
Hi, very rarely post on here but would really like everyones opinion,

ive had various clios,megs and recently sold my BG182,

a few months ago a glacier white R26 came up very well specced, i immediately got a train to wales and picked it up, just as some background info it has the following

have just purchased a set of td 1.2 and wrapped a set of R888 on them,
purchased and had a set of BC coilovers
full k tec system
recaro pp seats
rear R bar
all belts and service just been done
two piece front discs
mapped
itg style kit,

so the actual spec is very nice,

but some stupid reason i keep toying with the idea of either buying a 172 cup or potentially buying a already completed turbo'd clio,

i just miss the feeling you get in a clio how you feel so connected to the car, (not that you dont in a megane it just feels alot larger)

i know it is a cycle which i have done before where i went from a really nice trophy to a very nice megane and back to a clio,

Whats everybodys opinions ? the car is not a daily either gets used potentially once a week and stored the rest

BG 182
i have been in conversation about @Christ Almighty turbo, and have been a passenger in it,

im looking for a 172 cup ideally

i was very close to purchasing the trophy that went for £2100 last week was in talks with the seller and had sold by the time i could of collected

RB Clio 182
Thanks guys,

Yes its still for sale, and ill throw in a free detail before collection so it looks a million dollars.

172 Turbo
I'd buy a Cup and get it to ED, just look at the Clio Turbo thread in dealerships, half of them are deathtraps

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You've got a sorted, reliable car with a platform designed for power.

Or you found spend a s**t load on an old, shitty clio, get a turbo which seems to cause more hassle than it's worth and spend as much time dealing with issues and niggles as you do driving the thing.

If you want small, light, responsive na, get a clio.

Small, light, with fi, get a mini.

Or be sensible and keep the Meg. Massively more capable, and better than a mk2 clio.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have to disagree with @ForcedIndia, I see the logic behind what your saying however owning a boosted Clio isn't the ball ache it's made out to be. People don't post on forums moaning that their cars are working well - only when they're broken.

Mines had the ED kit on it since December 2015 and the only issue has been the clutch. Other than that it's never let me down and is currently on 110k, 7k of which have been Turbo miles.

They're amazing fun but as pointed out go into it expecting there may be some hidden costs along the way. Also don't buy a car done by Clio Turbo.

cup 182
Is the engine dynamics 230 turbo kit any good?
How many folk on here have it?
I phoned and they said to me 3k supplied fitted and remapped
Performance wise 0-60 5.5 secs
AVG mpg 33
Clutch and gearbox on the limit but good for 230 bhp
Anyone had any issues??

535d / t5 caravelle
I see the appeal to a clio turbo, and ive just got rid of an r26.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You've got a sorted, reliable car with a platform designed for power.

Or you found spend a s**t load on an old, shitty clio, get a turbo which seems to cause more hassle than it's worth and spend as much time dealing with issues and niggles as you do driving the thing.

If you want small, light, responsive na, get a clio.

Small, light, with fi, get a mini.

Or be sensible and keep the Meg. Massively more capable, and better than a mk2 clio.

This, basically.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Bar @Christ Almighty s Clio Turbo I wouldn't touch another one with yours lol it's been clear his 182 has had no expense spared. Others are just a nightmare

Hmmmmm, find this a bit of an insult to be honest, mine is 100% reliable finished by myself to a very high standard.. I'd like to think if I ever parted with it the new owner would have a completely worry free experience...

We don't need people spreading stuff like this about, putting people off of turbo charged Clios.

There are probably complete s**t boxes about but there are also very good examples, you've hurt my cars feelings! [emoji23][emoji23]

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Hmmmmm, find this a bit of an insult to be honest, mine is 100% reliable finished by myself to a very high standard.. I'd like to think if I ever parted with it the new owner would have a completely worry free experience...

We don't need people spreading stuff like this about, putting people off of turbo charged Clios.

There are probably complete s**t boxes about but there are also very good examples, you've hurt my cars feelings! [emoji23][emoji23]

I'm sure it is mate no offence was ment to be made I was also only referring to the one above as I know it's for sale at this min. I see daily posts on Facebook of shitty boosted builds hence why I said what I said.

535d / t5 caravelle
Any progression on this? I've got a supercharged clio on the brain............................again!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

172 Turbo
Since my post above, mine has become our daily whilst we look for a C4 Picasso as our lease ended and our daily went back.

Around town, it's a normal Clio, with the odd bit of turbo noise and occasional back fire. Turn onto an NSL and it's a different animal, very different to NA even with bodies.

Going to the Ring in a couple of weeks, and then it'll be time for it to go, possibly.