ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY 200 EDC Wheel Option 2

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Just look at the way the light is hitting the gold in this pic - it's got a very liquid yellow look to it near enough imo. View attachment 822168Fortune favours the brave. :wink:
Now that IS brave! It would need to be specially made and would cost a fortune I imagine. I've been quoted £220 for a 4 wheel refurb, I imagine pre mixed LY would be around £15-20 each.

Let's roll with the white for now 🙈

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Now that IS brave! It would need to be specially made and would cost a fortune I imagine. I've been quoted £220 for a 4 wheel refurb, I imagine pre mixed LY would be around £15-20 each.

Let's roll with the white for now 🙈
Maybe do the inner barrels of the wheels black and the spokes LY so it's not so in your face.
Would work though!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Have they had the centre bore done as well? You could leave the inner barrel gold and just spray the face to get a feel for the full LY effect
I've not had them done yet, I'll look into having LY mixed up into an aerosol can. I think there's a company local to me that supply bodywork shops their paint that can do it

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Halfords can do it if you give them the code mate. I had a AG can mixed up and it actually looked a very similar match!
Halfords it is! Thanks for the heads up, I assumed it was just the stuff on the shelves. Which surprised me the other day, they're still selling the same paint colours for Rover Leyland cars after all this time.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Halfords it is! Thanks for the heads up, I assumed it was just the stuff on the shelves. Which surprised me the other day, they're still selling the same paint colours for Rover Leyland cars after all this time.
Yeah the majority of them have the Holts paint mixing system. The only criticism I have was the nozzle on the rattle can itself. The bloke who mixed mine up was laughing at just how many colours went into the makeup of AG. Then proceeded to tell me 'it's very bright isn't it'. Yeah no s**t. I own the car that's covered in the colour! Lol!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Get to Halfords quick though, when I went a couple of months ago they said they were doing away with the paint mixing stations soon.

I know a place that mixes ly well if you need it. They should do delivery.

Did you not mask up the bore of the mating faces where the nuts sit?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Get to Halfords quick though, when I went a couple of months ago they said they were doing away with the paint mixing stations soon.

I know a place that mixes ly well if you need it. They should do delivery.

Did you not mask up the bore of the mating faces where the nuts sit?

Genuinely thought "not that long since they got them, I remember the training for it when it was introduced" oh yeah, I left there nearly 15 years ago. Fml.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
DSC_3260~2.JPG

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I like it. It's brave, but I like it. I would strongly avoid adding any white details to the body, but I think you should go for the wheels for sure.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Prepped and gave the other 3 wheels a go over in primer this evening. I'm hoping to have them finished by the end of the weekend. I think I'll sell the Team Dynamics wheels to help pay for the tyres.
DSC_3270~2.JPG
DSC_3274~2.JPG
DSC_3276~2.JPG

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Would love a cup racer spoiler, amongst other things I'd like to add to the Clio! Indeed it's a massive amount of money for what it is.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I think it will look ace with White or Silver, I actually quite like the 200 EDC now but the interior is a crime.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I keep thinking that! There is surely no way that people are paying £1200+painting for a wing on a £10k hot hatch?
Plus you have to replace the original spoiler when you fit the cup spoiler, it's different about £100.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
250 mile round trip to Southampton this morning to pick up the tyres, managed to find a place to fit them for £30.
DSC_3503-01.jpeg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Bargin for £30 fitted mate,normally about £15 rim around near usz
Very lucky, I put a cheeky Facebook shout out to see if any of my friends knew a place local. A mate who runs his own mechanics business put me onto them as he uses them too so jobs a gooden.

Usually it's £15 if you have tyres mounted already that need taking off and disposing of.