ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Machine Polishing

BG 182 FF
Detailing related question guys and girls.
Will be buying a Flex VRG3401 and using Microfibre pads, I've gone from machining my 14 year old Black Golf R32 which had paint like granite, talking 5 passes with an aggressive compound and still nothing.
I now have a BG 182 thats covered in swirls and cobwebs, little scuffs and scratches that aren't to deep to buff out, i've heard I'm looking at the same story and to set back a good few hours/days in a unit and others whereby too much heat, or passes and the paint is like a hot knife and butter. Can anyone give me some more advice on this situation that has knowledge. I'm sick of throwing Glazes over it to hide the swirls every other week.
Im not anal I just like a shiny well polished car that I don't need to keep throwing £10 every other month at for a glaze i'd rather not use.

What Sealants, Paste waxes, Hard Waxes, Wheel waxes and LSPs do you also recommend
(The car will be seeing the track, I just like to keep it clean)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go with the Rupes LHR15 Mk2 over the Flex tbh.

It's a bit more money, but a better machine in terms of cutting i think.

The only downside is you'll need a smaller machine with a smaller backing plate to reach the finer areas.