ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making Clio 172 Sport Replica from Clio 1.5 DCi Expression

none atm!
Hi guys! I'm Hung, new to this forum and I'm looking to buy a Clio 1.5 DCi (Superb economy!!) and I would want to make it look like a 172 replica.

Just looking for advice in what I need to buy and do to convert the exterior to look like the 172? Is it just front and rear bumpers and skirts? Or do I need to change the wings aswell, front only or front and rear?

Your advice (along with pictures if possible) will be much appreciated!!

Thanks! :)

wait and see ;)
you will need new front wings front bumper rear bumper and side skirts, and xenons if you want to go all the way

none atm!
Here's what it should look like once i get it

clio.gif

wait and see ;)
looks nice:) non sports have a sun roof, but the sports dont have as sun roof so thats the only way you will tell its not a sport

none atm!
wots the difference between the standard and sports wings? any pictures of a 172? Any idea of total cost? I don't have much knowledge of body work stuff and paint shops etc. So if i fitted 172 front bumper without the front wings it'll look a bit off?

Cheers

wait and see ;)
some people on here have ''bodged'' the front bumper on because its wider than the front wings on a standerd clio because the sports have a wider track, dont hae a clue how much tbh mate, seacrh for R8 FTW hes done a sport replica

BMW E92/Audi S3
some people on here have ''bodged'' the front bumper on because its wider than the front wings on a standerd clio because the sports have a wider track, dont hae a clue how much tbh mate, seacrh for R8 FTW hes done a sport replica

And putting the front bumper on without modifications leaves a gap. BUT it can be modified.. as long as you know what youre doing. Also search 'Jungle Jim'

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i would get the full lot because the bottom of the skirts are moulded around the bottom of the wings and the wings are shaped to fit the bumper. i would get the back bumper aswell then it is more convincing . the wheels will sit in a bit with the wider front wings but you can use spacers to sort this . or do what i did n fit full cup suspension and brakes . then the wheels fit flush to the wings .

none atm!
right... to do this replica....

Front Bumper £80
Rear Bumper £80
Front Wings £40 each
Skirts £50
Arch Liners £20
Wheel Spacers £30

Total = £340 approx... fair valuation?

How much if all the parts need painting?

Also, when ppl say the 172 has a wider track...

so does this mean the wheels will be like this (with the spacers)...?

I.......I

.I.....I.

instead of this?

I......I

I......I

And would I need to lower the suspension (1.5 dci) if i have 15-16" alloys on it?

Anything else i've missed? parts etc?

Cheers

I'd go with getting all the parts sorted first (if your still going to do it) then get the spacers.

There is a full kit on pistonheads, it's flame red though, it's £400

Your prices (esp for used bumpers) are a bit on the low side imo.

You will need to lower it yes, 172 sits 20mm lower than a standard non rs clio.

Never above 25mpg
You're also forgetting partswise

1*2 interior £250+
1*2 steering wheel £100+
1*2 pedal covers £20ish
and possibly
1*2 Xenon headlights £300ish

Petrol Blue 182.
if you dont want to pay for xenons get a cup spoiler to make it look like a cup as iirc cups dont have xenons. but all the body kit flows together, bumper too big for the standerd wings, hence you need the wings and the side skits slot in with the wings etc

none atm!
wot are the differences between standard lights and xenon lights? any pictures?

don't really care about the interior etc, just the outside will b good enough! :D

t3 corolla 116bhp
another dci rep :)

well........mines isnt quite a rep, sort of stole other RS bits and left dome dynamique bits on :D

RS grill £42
Colourcoded strips, handles bumpers and spoilers £160
182 wheels with 7mm tread on tyres £360ish
interior from Andy @ GDIs 182 £300 ish
RS door cards from fleabay £40
bosch aerotwins £30
clear repeaters £8

................£35 tax per year................... £ priceless lol

and thats were ive left it now

love this pic of it

DSC_0252.jpg

have fun repping ;)

jonny

Last edited:
  fabia vrs
another dci rep :)

well........mines isnt quite a rep, sort of stole other RS bits and left dome dynamique bits on :D

RS grill £42
Colourcoded strips, handles bumpers and spoilers £160
182 wheels with 7mm tread on tyres £360ish
interior from Andy @ GDIs 182 £300 ish
RS door cards from fleabay £40
bosch aerotwins £30
clear repeaters £8

................£35 tax per year................... £ priceless lol

and thats were ive left it now

love this pic of it

DSC_0252.jpg

have fun repping ;)

jonny

Nice rep !! I thought everyone would post saying 'just save up and get a real one the money you would spend blah blah blah !! '

none atm!
so anyone gonna tell me about the track of the car once i put spacers on?

the front wheels of the car will then be wider than the rear? does it affect the drive much?

does anyone think u can do this rep for under £1k? (not including interior and wheels)

hmmm, which wheels.... i prefer cup wheels to 182 wheels, any pics?

Evo 6, E92 320d
I stuck 25mm spacers on the front of mine, brings the front wheels out nicely filling the arches. Also i found the car felt more planted on the road with a wider track.

none atm!
i see...

chrisjk, how much did u spend on urs? any pics?

probably a tad more effort to park cos of the smaller turning circle too

Evo 6, E92 320d
Spacers cost about £40-£50 i think from a company on ebay, i haven't noticed any difference in parking tbh.
S6300189.jpg

none atm!
so how much have people spent doing their rep from scratch? just wanna get an average cost to do it... £1k? more or less?