ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Many Suspension Questions

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone who has been reading my project thread will know the car is going through a major suspension overhaul in the coming weeks. I will list the parts and questions out below:

* New ABS rings
* New CV boots maybe joints
* New steering arms and gaiters
* Bilstein B14s
* New top mounts front & rear
* New wishbones
* Inner & Outer ARB bushes (Poly)
* Steering rack bushes (Poly)
* Rear axle bushes (Poly)
* Camber bolts
* Spacers/studs
* Rear ARB (Whiteline/PMS)
* Dog bone

* Can anyone recommend somewhere to set the car up once all the parts have been fitted?
* Car is a non cup on standard wheels, anyone recommend spacers and sizes to make the wheels sit a bit flusher with the arches?
* If i were to convert to studs and nuts will they still fit behind the centre caps?
* Any other parts i may have missed?

EDIT: I have notice RPD have two top mounts kit, one with a spacer washer. Do i need this?

Last edited:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
By set the car up, what do you mean? Like get it at the correct ride height or alignment etc? If the former, just do that yourself, play about with it until you're happy. The joy of having coilovers is being able to get it sitting exactly how you want it. Defo get alignment done as well though as it will probably be all over the place after fitting.

Look at this thread for spacer size ideas.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/spacers-guide-info.802113/

Can't help on the stud question, don't know on that one.

Don't bother with the top mounts from RPD, there's loads of problems with the design and having to use the spacer nut etc. Go for the Febi ones off eBay.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
By set the car up, what do you mean? Like get it at the correct ride height or alignment etc? If the former, just do that yourself, play about with it until you're happy. The joy of having coilovers is being able to get it sitting exactly how you want it. Defo get alignment done as well though as it will probably be all over the place after fitting.

Look at this thread for spacer size ideas.
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/spacers-guide-info.802113/

Can't help on the stud question, don't know on that one.

Don't bother with the top mounts from RPD, there's loads of problems with the design and having to use the spacer nut etc. Go for the Febi ones off eBay.

What i mean is setting up the geo for like a fast road setup kind of thing. I haven't heard about issues with the Renault mounts, not saying i don't believe you. I did hear they were redesigned is that the one with the spacer then? What problems do they have?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
What i mean is setting up the geo for like a fast road setup kind of thing. I haven't heard about issues with the Renault mounts, not saying i don't believe you. I did hear they were redesigned is that the one with the spacer then? What problems do they have?

There's not that much to adjust. Just ask on here for what's the best fast road set up and take those details to your local alignment place and they should be able to do it.

To be honest, it's just from what I've read on here and Facebook etc. Plus the Febi ones are pretty much half the price of the Renault ones.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I might try Mark Fish, I can go back to Beaniesport aswell or Engine dynamics. However neither of those do corner weighting.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Turbo
Unit18 just did a hunter alignment for me and pointed out that I had a major issue, but they got it as best as they could for a track day the following day. Turned out I had 1 Cup wishbone and 1 non-Cup.

I've had no issues with where Chris has taken the Cup when he's had it, and I'll be asking him where to go as I want my turbo done once it's all back together next week. However, I need the height setting properly as I've raised the rear springs on the B14s as where they were on my Cup was catching the exhaust on big speed bumps.