ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's 2017 Ford Focus RS

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Here's as much of an update as I can right now chaps
IMG_20170512_123115.jpg
IMG_20170512_123138.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170512_123106.jpg
    IMG_20170512_123106.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 119
Can you do some pics further than 3ft away? lol! I think you've done well with your options but want to see it in it's full glory.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Once again, I see flappage. Protecting the paint - but also on a car like that, looking epic. :cool:

Are they factory options or aftermarket ones?
Meant to post my original post in the new RS thread so sorry @MarkCup for spamming yours.
Darren, firstly, thanks. Like Mark, I wanted a stealth colour so it was black for me. About the flaps, these are aftermarket ones and more specifically performance creations ones. IMO they are better than rally armour ones in that they are longer so join up with the existing rear arch protector lip that is on the car.

TTRS & V50
Great car, will certainly like to own one at some point, never owned a Ford. Wish I could stay in place for longer than 12 months so I can buy a car like this.

RB Clio 182
Any updates Mark?

Have you done the running in miles yet and got some dashcam footage?

Any track days on the agenda?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
...and breathe.

853 miles so far, that's 28 hours spent on b roads between the south coast and Farnborough. I'm knackered!

Given the roads I was on and how I focused on driving it I considered it run in at 750 so to celebrate I found a private road and launched it. Twice. Nice. Very nice.

I've barely scratched the surface of its capabilities so far but in short, OMFG. Everything I've ever learned about what a car can do has had to be un learned.

I've some domestic crap to sort out first and will then get into looking through and editing some video.

Lastly, if you haven't yet but you are considering it, buy one.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Any track days on the agenda?

I'm hoping to get out at Goodwood before the summer is out. Knowing what I know about it and what it does it's going to me a very good thing around there.

Game changed?

Yep. All this wait for the corner to open up, feed throttle in while unwinding steering, malarky is not required. At all. The bottom line as I see it is if I don't get some opposite lock on the way out I was on the power way too late.

So the fiesta was s**t?

Not at all! The ST is a brilliant thing, I would have one again in a heartbeat...in fact I was discussing with my mate about his 14 plate with 18k on it...in about 7 years (when I expect to retire the RS from daily use) his ST will have about 25k on it...so that'll be my new daily.

Wow an average of 30.463mph!

The 853 miles were on b-roads, a 30 mph average is pretty good!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
What was your car history before the Fiesta (and the Clio), Mark? Anything good?

Nope. Nothing.

1974 Triumph Toledo (RWD and with zero rear damping and remoulds, only 27bhp but still sideways everywhere)
1990 1.1L Fiesta
1997 Pug 306 1.9TD (Van Aaken optimised giving it a stonking 105bhp)
2001 Mondeo Zetec S V6

Then came the 172 Cup.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Explains the surprise of the Focus then

Very likely. I've never been in anything powerful and AWD either so the traction I'm feeling is mad. It's more than that though I think, the way it really properly and noticeably pulls the nose in when you give it power while loaded up which eventually transistions very progressively in to oversteer will take a whlile to get used to. You really feel it shunting the power about to best effect.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Glad you are enjoying it Mark! I really want one but it's wrong time in my life to be getting an expensive toy with the house buying etc.
I look forward to seeing the updates and video review

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Still not seen this on the Sussex roads .

Has your neighbour got the white focus st to keep up with you

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
...and breathe.

853 miles so far, that's 28 hours spent on b roads between the south coast and Farnborough. I'm knackered!

Given the roads I was on and how I focused on driving it I considered it run in at 750 so to celebrate I found a private road and launched it. Twice. Nice. Very nice.

I've barely scratched the surface of its capabilities so far but in short, OMFG. Everything I've ever learned about what a car can do has had to be un learned.

I've some domestic crap to sort out first and will then get into looking through and editing some video.

Lastly, if you haven't yet but you are considering it, buy one.
Wowser. Can't believe you've done that many miles over a weekend! I'm over year in and only used LC 3 times, good to see you're enjoying it properly. Look forward to the videos.
Really pleased for you and that you like it. After all the doubts about spending so much on a car, worth it?