ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's 2017 Ford Focus RS

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
When you booking it in for mountune map then Mark?

Never.

I say it will be tuned within the next couple of months.

You will be wrong! See above.

In other news, while we had dry weather this morning myself and @Jeff simply had a chance to compare my RS and his M135i side by side, straight line acceleration, launching, and, err, drifting. Much fun was had...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A grey one passed me at warp speed today. Had black wheels but colour looked brilliant on that shape.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Are you happy with it and does it live up to the hype?

Is it a game changer?

Are you disappointed coming from the st?

Did you expect more?

'Truthful answers may only apply'

@MarkCup

Yes I am and yes I think it does.
Oh yes...in so far as no other 4WD hatch can do what this thing does, and it does it at sane normal speeds.
No, it's pretty much exactly what I hoped and expected it would be.
Sort of...sometimes I think "come on, come on!" before I look at the speedometer and think "oh fcuk, oh fcuk, brake brake brake".

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I think I saw you in the RS today coming towards me on the Angmering bypass. Looked shiny and discreet.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Never.

You will be wrong! See above.

In other news, while we had dry weather this morning myself and @Jeff simply had a chance to compare my RS and his M135i side by side, straight line acceleration, launching, and, err, drifting. Much fun was had...

Looks a lot of fun!

You also need to stop lifting off the accelerator when launching to get the full effect!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looks a lot of fun!

You also need to stop lifting off the accelerator when launching to get the full effect!

I know, I know, I know...but lifting when changing gear is a 30 year ingrained natural reaction!

I will do it at some point, in the name of science, while datalogging the whole thing. Hopefully I won't fcuk it up and lunch the engine/'box!

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I know, I know, I know...but lifting when changing gear is a 30 year ingrained natural reaction!

I will do it at some point, in the name of science, while datalogging the whole thing. Hopefully I won't fcuk it up and lunch the engine/'box!
Ha! You can heel/toe, you'll be fine! The pops if you flat shift are petty epic. Pretty sure there's a vid from the skid pan day of mine on t'other forum.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Holy cow need pics of when you play dress car up back to delivery day dot! [emoji23][emoji106]

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Holy cow need pics of when you play dress car up back to delivery day dot! [emoji23][emoji106]

Proper geeky stuff I know but there's method in my madness. The RS community will seriously knock one out over this sort of thing ten years down the line...my standard all its life car, with all that delivery prep still intact, should hold on to at least a percent or two more of its value.

This one popped up (or should I say over?) today on instagram today...it was all due to the road surface apparently...:laughing:

post-85617-0-36203100-1496049288.png

RB Clio 182
Proper geeky stuff I know but there's method in my madness. The RS community will seriously knock one out over this sort of thing ten years down the line...my standard all its life car, with all that delivery prep still intact, should hold on to at least a percent or two more of its value.

This one popped up (or should I say over?) today on instagram today...it was all due to the road surface apparently...:laughing:

View attachment 189179
I love your thinking, have you ever thought about putting you mind thoughts and interests into brain surgery?

You really dont look like a chav.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
No offence intended, you just look and sound really geeky and intelligent mate, thats a good thing, i love your reviews they are a good watch, realistic, truthful and pleasant, i like them.

None taken!

Truth be told I'm a bit taken aback by how much it appears I have an audience now (although I do always tend to see sarcasm even if it's not intended)...and the pressure that comes with it to keep delivering content! I have a long list of topics to get through that will continue to grow I think as I really get to know the RS.