ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

Fiesta ST-2
I totally agree with you about not bonding with the car. The last time it got cleaned was by ford when it was serviced [emoji23]

You go from best thing since sliced bread to soul-less!

I was all ready to cancel my aventador order after reading the first half of this thread.

Dont get me wrong Jimbo, its the best car I have had. Its so so capable and all round does everything well. Maybe as its a lease, I just havnet really connected with it. Maybe because I havsnt really done anything to it (other that the splitter on day 1). I would reccomend one to anyone.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Dont get me wrong Jimbo, its the best car I have had. Its so so capable and all round does everything well. Maybe as its a lease, I just havnet really connected with it. Maybe because I havsnt really done anything to it (other that the splitter on day 1). I would reccomend one to anyone.

You'd reccomend the soulless car to anyone. With friends like you who needs enemies :)

So after two years and 17,000 miles the ST has its collection date booked in. Its going back on 12 April. I have already ordered it's replacement and that will be delivered on Monday (going to work from home so I can play with the new toy).

As we have a baby on the way, and live on a huge hill, on top of the Pennines, 4WD and 5 doors was preferable. Ended up going for a cracking deal on a 2016 VW Tiguan Match Edition 4WD Bluemotion - in White. Its pretty much fully loaded so there should be enough toys to keep me interested.

Jobs on the Fiesta to do before it goes back include; remove the splitter and fill the holes ( :smile: ), touch up any minor marks (a few stonechips here and there) and give it a good vac and clean. Then its ready for collection. I'll no doubt take some pictures and post them in here before they collect it. I will then end the thread.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't bother filling the holes, I didn't. Was very suprised at how little he pointed out tbh. A slight kerb mark and a stone chip I couldn't even see. There was loads of marks on it, some pretty bad, and they never got mentioned.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing you're selling the splitter? Not worth leaving on?

Peugeot 308
So after two years and 17,000 miles the ST has its collection date booked in. Its going back on 12 April. I have already ordered it's replacement and that will be delivered on Monday (going to work from home so I can play with the new toy).

As we have a baby on the way, and live on a huge hill, on top of the Pennines, 4WD and 5 doors was preferable. Ended up going for a cracking deal on a 2016 VW Tiguan Match Edition 4WD Bluemotion - in White. Its pretty much fully loaded so there should be enough toys to keep me interested.

Jobs on the Fiesta to do before it goes back include; remove the splitter and fill the holes ( :smile: ), touch up any minor marks (a few stonechips here and there) and give it a good vac and clean. Then its ready for collection. I'll no doubt take some pictures and post them in here before they collect it. I will then end the thread.

As said, I didn't fill the holes in and the car had a few stone chips that matey collecting wasn't fussed about.

Also had a couple inch kurb mark that he said would be fine.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a triple R splitter sat in my garden if anyones interested or knows someone who is.

Did you guys clean the car for the inspection?

Regarding the splitter I'll take it off and put it for sale on here and eBay. Probably £30 or something. Has a few scratches but id rather not leave it on. They might spot it and try charge me for a new bumper or something! Ha.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Yup cleaned and polished. Think because it was spanking clean helped with the guy inspecting. He commented on it being a very well looked after car.

Fiesta ST-2
The wear and tear policy is quite forgiving tbh. Only damage on mine is a scuff to one wheel, which should be fine. Amazed I've picked up no car parking dinks.

Peugeot 308
I'll do the same then. To be fair, once it's clean it's a beautiful car. Just hasn't been cleaned nearly as much as it should have done over the last few years.

Mine wasn't properly clean, the guy arrived earlier than planned so didn't have time to wash it 😅

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Mine came on a truck but got picked up by some guy who drove it away. I left absolutely zero petrol in made sure that was gone the night before.

Peugeot 308
@Daz_RT_04 @RDH You were both with G2L were t you? Question - when they collected, did they collect on a truck? Just want to know if I should leave some petrol in the tank. It was driven to me when I go the car...

Yeah G2L, the chap drove it away - I left just under a 1/4 of a tank for him lol.

Snotter's
If you have the intention of touching up then I would, why risk getting charged? Have you checked if the lease provider work in accordance with BVRLA? If so its worth a quick search to see what is acceptable.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. Any more details? Lease again I take it?

Im currently waiting for the delivey truck to show up! :) I'll update when it arrives. Yes, leasing again. This time direct through VW. £210 a month, £600 deposit for 2 years and 10K miles per year. Cheaper than the Fiesta for a car significatly more expensive!

It's here! Wow, lovely car. Couldn't be more different to the Fiesta but I think at this point (after 10+ hot hatches) I'm in the mood for something comfy and practicle. Oh and the boot is massive! I think the C1 would fit in it...

Anyway, I'm off to go try out the self parking in B&Q. :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And one for the dads....

image.jpeg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love that. Super cheap too! It's got the same steering wheel and seats as my golf. Strange with mine being MK6 and they don't use them in a Mk7 golf.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I don't personally get it. It's the same money per month roughly as an octavia vrs. But from reading, it's got less boot space, is slower, has a less pleasant interior?

I don't personally get it. It's the same money per month roughly as an octavia vrs. But from reading, it's got less boot space, is slower, has a less pleasant interior?

It's no where near the VRS in terms of price? The best estate VRS deal was about £1500 deposit and £270 a month. This is considerably cheaper mate.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's no where near the VRS in terms of price? The best estate VRS deal was about £1500 deposit and £270 a month. This is considerably cheaper mate.
1k deposit and 240 per month for a loaded 230. Granted it's a grand more over 2yrs, but it's a much nicer car.
But if Max cheapness was the aim, fair enough. Do you have something to have fun in as well?