ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

May oxfordshire meet feeler thread

Looking at sorting out an Oxfordshire meet for may, I could possibly sort out a route for a decent drive then stop off at a pub for some food and drink if the numbers make it worthwhile.

Who could I expect?

PH2 Flamer
I'm in. Where ever it is and whenever.

Perhaps everyone interested could put down where they are exactly from, so it will be easier for Steve to work out a meeting point.

I'm Abingdon

PH2 Flamer
Chievely services meet up? Drive to somewhere close by for some nice pictures? Then take a trip too the Toby carvery for a roast? Providing we do it on a Sunday?

Might have to book a table though? Other people in Newbury area might have some better ideas? That Toby car park is quite small.

The bigger the better so locations would be helpful and keep the suggestions coming.

Never been to a carvery James so that's appealing.

PH2 Flamer
Nah, our closest one is Newbury, and it's miniature.

I'm up for whatever really, id be happy enough if it actually happens. And quite a few turn up.

PH2 Flamer
Think we should pick a date so people can actually see if they are free or not? I reckon Sunday the 5th as its bank holiday weekend. Or the weekend after.

PH2 Flamer
Are the stalls cheaper than normal? I need some new buckets and grit guards and drying towel. Will wait till then if that's the case.

GW 200 with Cup pack
Shall we say a date of Saturday the 25th or Sunday 26th may?

Which ever one is better for most people

I'm glad there's som more movement on a meet! I'll be honest due to happenstance I've not made any of the previous ones despite harping on about how important it is to get them going! :quiet: haha... Keen to take the 200 out for a spin.... needs a clean first mind you... :D

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Feates - my advice would be to take the bull by the horns. Decide on a specific date, time & meeting location, post up the details and see how it goes from there. You'll get nowhere fast if you wait for people to post up when they can/can't do.

PH2 Flamer
Yeah sounds fair enough.

I'm going to say Sunday the 26th of may. 2pm meet up at the Chievely services at the A34/m4 junction.

Then head into Newbury, through to hungerford, a nice road that leads all the way into wantage. Then pop into either a pub for some food and a drink. Or go to the local mc Donald's at the Milton services near didcot. Back up the a34 for one junction to the ridgeway for pictures, general chit chat. Then we can discuss what to do after, whether it be go home or whatever.

By this time I expect it to be about 4-5pm. So probably home for our roasts. I know some ppl have them at lunch time, which is why I've said a 2pm meet up.

Sound good? (Weather permitted)

Clio 197 f1
i would be up for a meet like this, im going to be in thatcham/newbury in a hotel from the 13th for 2 weeks for work training.

PH2 Flamer
Up to you pal, depends how easy it is for you to get to Abingdon. I have no problem picking you up though.

Hopefully it goes ahead, just need people to confirm.

PH2 Flamer
Monday? Or the Sunday? Could do the 27th. Id prefere the sunday, but can do monday. I didn't realise it was a bank holiday. Hopefully it's a nice weekend.

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
I'm in for Sunday 26th.

Feates, just stick with the date - you can never accommodate everyone.