ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26R

Evo 5 RS
I've looked at these, I think they're a good idea - but you still need to touch the paint. It's all a preventative, at the end of the day if you're going to drive it and it gets dirty, you're going to mark it. Next you'll be buying gallons of mineral water :tongueout:. Stick to white and silver cars, Ant!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
@Ant1

You can't knock his customer service that's for sure! @gally is right though, was there a wipe down procedure? I really hope there was if not it's all going to happen again, that polish will fill a surprising amount of defects and with a proper wipe down to remove the fillers you won't see what correction has been achieved. Also putting any product over any of this without a wipedown will mean the coating will not work, at all!

All is a moot point if you sell it of course.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
He spoke about wipe down before coating the car originally. I'll ask the question.

As for silver and white cars, I have owned silver and white for 3 years, fancied a change.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
He seems genuine. Things like this happen when you're working with so many variables, but it's still surprising.
I could never own a black car. I'd end myself.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
IMG_1225.PNG

As someone that was very much into Detailing a few years back, there a many reasons why this sort of thing happen.

It was caused after the paint had been refined as it's very easy to marr paint that has been freshly corrected.
The detailer is right to be correcting the work he has just done, mainly as the car hadn't responded well to one or more products he's used, or one or more methods he's used to apply that procedure.

Regardless of fault, it's in his best interest to correct it, it's good for business and I'm certain that he will make sure the car comes back to you in its best condition to date. If he gets stumped at the results for a second time, he will contact someone else in the business for advice.

We can all recommend another detailer, there are many VERY good at their art form, but to tell @Ant1 to demand money back and go elsewhere is just poor consideration and not the way to do business.

I look forward to seeing the results this time around and @Ant1 i recommend you pick up the car in sunlight if possible, or use the said detailer's Sun Gun on all panels, just bare in mind it's not going to give you 100% reflection of the condition of the paintwork.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 179174
As someone that was very much into Detailing a few years back, there a many reasons why this sort of thing happen.

It was caused after the paint had been refined as it's very easy to marr paint that has been freshly corrected.
The detailer is right to be correcting the work he has just done, mainly as the car hadn't responded well to one or more products he's used, or one or more methods he's used to apply that procedure.

Regardless of fault, it's in his best interest to correct it, it's good for business and I'm certain that he will make sure the car comes back to you in its best condition to date. If he gets stumped at the results for a second time, he will contact someone else in the business for advice.

We can all recommend another detailer, there are many VERY good at their art form, but to tell @Ant1 to demand money back and go elsewhere is just poor consideration and not the way to do business.

I look forward to seeing the results this time around and @Ant1 i recommend you pick up the car in sunlight if possible, or use the said detailer's Sun Gun on all panels, just bare in mind it's not going to give you 100% reflection of the condition of the paintwork.

Bang on.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Not sold it then?

I was offered a fair amount more than what I paid for it. TBH I'm not sure what I would replace it with so keeping it. Cheap as chips to run and it won't devalue, no brainier tbh.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Got the car back, all looks good so far. Used a sun gun whilst checking it over. There are a couple of scratches say every ft square but I'm assuming that correction would be between 90-95%.

Watch this space.....

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Got the car back, all looks good so far. Used a sun gun whilst checking it over. There are a couple of scratches say every ft square but I'm assuming that correction would be between 90-95%.

Watch this space.....

So when's the first wash then? ;)

Fingers crossed it won't end up the same way this time.

Evo 5 RS
I'd leave it for now, I'm no expert but peoples advice on cure time varies massively. Some say weeks or longer before washing.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Why do you even need to wash it a week after being professionally detailed? Surely it should stay that way for weeks/months (apart from a bits of dirt here and there), especially as weather isn't too bad now.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Why do you even need to wash it a week after being professionally detailed? Surely it should stay that way for weeks/months (apart from a bits of dirt here and there), especially as weather isn't too bad now.

Just to be sure, that's it. He said if I have anymore problems he would give me my money back.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Seems your man is a good un, you couldn't really ask for anything else he hasn't offered. I hope it stays right this time, get some more pics posted!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unless it was filthy, I wouldn't be washing it yet.
The longer you leave that ceramic stuff to cure the better judging by the world of the internet.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Fingers crossed! I'd probably leave it two weeks or so like spud said, just to be on the safe side

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
^^^sounds like a sensible suggestion if the detailer is willing.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I reckon waiting a week is a good call, all other ceramic coatings state not to wash with any cleaner for first 5 days.

Typically Gtechniq doesn't say either or on the website.

That's a decent offer to give you the money back if there's still an issue after having it back the second time! Defo seems his customer service is more important to him than making a few quid, good on him. As above, at least a week is the way forward just to be safe

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure others will enjoy saying "I told you so" but I had to give the guy a chance.

Not washed the car, direct sunlight at a angle, can't see it easily head on.

IMG_1263.JPG

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nobody will say "I told you so"
If they do I'll ban them for 1 week.

That's a shitter mate. But (and I appreciate how experienced these people are) the people telling you Renault paint is hard are wrong. The black on Renaultsport cars is soft as s**t, the slightest hint of dust and a cloth will Marr it.
And I'm betting that those fine scratches were cause by his 'final wipedown' before you collected it.

Either way, a nightmare for you. ☹️

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Nobody will say "I told you so"
If they do I'll ban them for 1 week.

That's a shitter mate. But (and I appreciate how experienced these people are) the people telling you Renault paint is hard are wrong. The black on Renaultsport cars is soft as s**t, the slightest hint of dust and a cloth will Marr it.
And I'm betting that those fine scratches were cause by his 'final wipedown' before you collected it.

Either way, a nightmare for you. ☹️

:-(

If the paintwork has a cermaic coating I thought this was supposed to stop marring? That's why I had it done.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
:-(

If the paintwork has a cermaic coating I thought this was supposed to stop marring? That's why I had it done.
I'm probably the worst person you can discuss ceramic coatings with mate! Lol
I'm an atheist when it comes to anyone mentioning it unfortunately.