ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane R26R

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
If this guy f***s you over and if you can stomach ploughing in another wad of cash, I'd be taking it to Jim at White Details. The guys work is just immense and he seems like a genuinely nice guy as well.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
If this guy f***s you over and if you can stomach ploughing in another wad of cash, I'd be taking it to Jim at White Details. The guys work is just immense and he seems like a genuinely nice guy as well.

I'm not sinking more money into it. Not cost effective at this stage.

Car is going back on Monday, let's see what he says.

There are a couple of marks that I knew where on the car when I dropped it off that have re appeared.

It looks more and more like the paint has been filled and now it's been washed off.

I'm not a detailer so I don't know the ins and outs. That's why I paid someone's to do it for me.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sinking more money into it. Not cost effective at this stage.

Car is going back on Monday, let's see what he says.

There are a couple of marks that I knew where on the car when I dropped it off that have re appeared.

It looks more and more like the paint has been filled and now it's been washed off.

I'm not a detailer so I don't know the ins and outs. That's why I paid someone's to do it for me.

Marks reappearing does not fill me with confidence!

He probably used a glaze to fill most of the swirls and im sure the coatings won't bond to that.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My opinion is that this wasn't corrected properly.

I don't care how soft the paint is you won't get that level of swirl from one or two washing using the methods you have.

He's filled the car up with fillers that have washed out in the washing process.

The ceramic coating used is hard as f**k so yet again I don't think that's been used or used properly.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Do I give him another chance or ask for my money back? That's if he will do either of course.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ok, will update once he has seen the car.

Nothing is ever simple!! Bring back Brazo!!!

There is defo some form of sealent on the bodywork, paint mists and goes clear grey colour with warm water applied.

Never seen that with autoglym extra gloss sealent.

Last edited:

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
anyone suggested calling him a gimp or moving his kettle yet.

Or send that forum user round who had his mobile stolen (can't remember his name).

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I can't get my head around this £500 for a detail b****cks. Car paint will swirl in a few washes, that's life, smash some poor boys black hole and drive it around for a week and then top it up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So if he has filled it he definitely hasn't used a ceramic sealant... not uncommon anyone can take a picture of something in front of some car and no proof needed that it's been done. The proof is in the performance when washing!

Blackhole and some Autoglym HD! I'm not sure I want to read anymore. How did you find this guy?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I only get time to do one dayers now really, two at a stretch as life gets in the way!

Saying that I could do a better job in a day if I'm honest lol!

I remember coating Toms brand new yeti in carpro and it was still great 18months later and when it was crashed into even the painter asked what the f**k it was coated in!

fez

Clio 182 cup
refund and take it else where doesnt look as though he has done as promised. I have had many many cars detailed and I dont use anything like as careful a technique as you do with washing and after many many washes still spotless with not a hint of marring

I'd be genuinely devastated if i had paid a 'Detailer' that kind of money to do such a shoddy job it seems. I really do hope it gets resolved for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi I've have this on detailing world from other people with the same problem using other coatings,where the detailer was too blame.It's not your wash technique lmao.I would also ring gtechniq and email them some pics
Atb

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Hi I've have this on detailing world from other people with the same problem using other coatings,where the detailer was too blame.It's not your wash technique lmao.I would also ring gtechniq and email them some pics
Atb

So your telling me I'm washing the car incorrectly??

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
So your telling me I'm washing the car incorrectly??
No misread it the detailer is too blame.This has popped up on the detailing forums before.Has he offered a refund.I would also get a 2nd opinion off another detailer.Your NOT to blame