ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Met Police Riot Training Centre - Pics

White clique
*no police bashing comments please*

I got invited down to the Met Police riot and firearms training centre to test some stuff we've been helping with, and they staged a mock riot to test a few things out and practice. They use their own purpose built town set, you would not believe just how many different scenareos they practice behind the scenes....

Some views from above, we were stood on a viewing balcony above a fake kabab house..

P1000774.gif

P1000769.gif

P1000791.gif

P1000796.gif

P1000773.gif

Chavs getting stuck in with molotov cocktails and bricks..

P1000795.gif

P1000789.gif

Ground level view of streets...

P1000785.gif

P1000804.gif

They also practice tactics in trains, a tube train and plane..

P1000805.gif

In the town next door they practice armed seiges and other gun stuff..

P1000763.gif

They actually have 2 of these beasts that they send in to real life riots to clear baracades... only problem is the 25mph top speed, meaning the riot is over by the time it arrives :rolleyes:...

P1000778.gif

They have a fleet of these for riot situations, both marked and also unmarked to look like those cash security vans, 7.5 tonnes!..

P1000802.gif

P1000801.gif

Indoor firing range was a bit boring though..

P1000807.gif

It was pretty amazing to watch, but riot police is deffo not a job i'd want to do!

Nissan Jewk
This looks like behind the scenes of The Bill when they had riot scenes in the other week

White clique
This looks like behind the scenes of The Bill when they had riot scenes in the other week

They have filmed the Bill a few times there, plus a few other random film scenes, the BBC were filming there last week for some documentary about how we deal with riots compared with other european cities.

Beef MC - you should have seen the state of some of the road names, they were awful, I think was was called bullet road or something dodgy!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
LOL you missed my point Alan. Sandford is a made up town that the Police use for all their exam questions etc. i thought they may have called it that ;)

the film hot fuzz use it too. it is a running joke at training school that sandford has the highest crime rate in the uk. A lot of in jokes from that film for the filth. When i saw it t the cinema i was laughing at a lot of things that no one else did for example.

White clique
LOL you missed my point Alan. Sandford is a made up town that the Police use for all their exam questions etc. i thought they may have called it that ;)

the film hot fuzz use it too. it is a running joke at training school that sandford has the highest crime rate in the uk. A lot of in jokes from that film for the filth. When i saw it t the cinema i was laughing at a lot of things that no one else did for example.

TBH it probably was called Sandford and i missed the sign somewhere. I got distracted when i immediately thought of Frankie Sandford from the Saturdays :)

Yes they mentioned Hot Fuzz, the instructor who showed us about got a woody as he's in the first 30 seconds of the film.

We were down there doing some CCTV and command and control testing for the olympics, the fixed cameras they have around the site are s**t, but the mobile ones they stuck up for todays exercise were amazing!

Gutted they didnt have any horses down there today though, usually they have mounted police getting tennis balls lobbed at them, that would have been good to watch!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i used to work occasionally with some city of london horses. fecking huge beasts.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Nice trucks, for obvious reasons i've never seen one of them - can't imagine they go out every day..

White clique
Nice trucks, for obvious reasons i've never seen one of them - can't imagine they go out every day..

Yeah the bloke was saying when they go out in them they get some amazing looks, they can do 90mph max. They've had some steering racks break on them tho! Here are some other pics i've robbed from google..

3710606166_d937ded2c8.jpg

3710640410_fae3f73faf.jpg

Renaultsport 220T
lol, call that riot training???

I think that would be described as kindergarden training in Belfast. ;)

DSC01281.jpg

pd333955.jpg

1.jpg

_46053060_belfast512.jpg

090310-belfast-shooting-hlrg-430a.hlarge.jpg

White clique
^ they were talking about those water cannons today, they really want them as they are so effective, but the Home Office won't allow them!!

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
you say the CCTV cameras are s**t? would that mean that I could hop over the fence and take some piccies of the place while they are on a tea break?

OR

What's the possibility of actually getting permission to photograph it with some burnt cars lining the street but no people?

Renaultsport 220T
^ they were talking about those water cannons today, they really want them as they are so effective, but the Home Office won't allow them!!

Home office are to pc, excuse the pun.

Should be spraying paint instead of water, that way they could identify the rioters more easily.

Your shots are great. Especially like the the ones with the shields and the petrol bomb exploded in front of them.

I think i've passed this place on the train. There is an outdoor range as well?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
still wouldnt mind joining the police, then get into traffic or dog handling or even CID be the modern gene hunt ;) (bet thats what seb wishes he was)

Mk2 ph1 clio
Canny photos! it does look exactly like the episode of the bill when they did it lol

Im trying to get into the police, wor lass works for them and she says they only recruit when they need to... could be 6 months could be 2 years! :(

E87 118d M Sport
Canny photos! it does look exactly like the episode of the bill when they did it lol

Im trying to get into the police, wor lass works for them and she says they only recruit when they need to... could be 6 months could be 2 years! :(

yeah ive been told this be a friend that works for them too.
ive given up tbh.

couple that with the fact im a young white male, and chances soon dwindle.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've been up close to those big trucks :D

They were all out when the peasants were revolting in the City

FLOL! I can just imagin the serious tone in your head as you say that, superiority complex FTW!!! :rasp:

Pics are great Alan, what is it you do? Seems an interesting day out!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great pics Alan.

Look at the size of Trev, big guy!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
still wouldnt mind joining the police, then get into traffic or dog handling or even CID be the modern gene hunt ;) (bet thats what seb wishes he was)

i do roll in CID ;) so am almost there. :cool:

White clique
you say the CCTV cameras are s**t? would that mean that I could hop over the fence and take some piccies of the place while they are on a tea break?

OR

What's the possibility of actually getting permission to photograph it with some burnt cars lining the street but no people?

They try and keep the site secret although its still on google maps and there are commercial premises over looking it! I am security cleared at the Met and have a contractors pass, not sure if they let in members of the public BUT they did used to allow students in to act as the rioters, not sure if this is still the case! I'd say chances of picture permission is about 25%!

Home office are to pc, excuse the pun.

Should be spraying paint instead of water, that way they could identify the rioters more easily.

Your shots are great. Especially like the the ones with the shields and the petrol bomb exploded in front of them.

I think i've passed this place on the train. There is an outdoor range as well?

The trainer there showed me some pics - and he was saying one of the biggest pain in the bums were protestors and rioters lobbing paint over the police! There were pics of riot cops covered in white gloss paint! There is an outdoor range and 2 mock towns, its next to a quarry along the thames, there is a train line along it so you probs have seen it.

FLOL! I can just imagin the serious tone in your head as you say that, superiority complex FTW!!! :rasp:

Pics are great Alan, what is it you do? Seems an interesting day out!

I work for a technology research company, and one of my analysts based in the US is over for the week and as he is ex-FBI and a US governemnt advisor on some technology stuff the Met wanted to meet with him, so we did a presentation down there on policing technology trends, and then we spent the afternoon looking at their experimental mobile CCTV set up over the site which they are using to practice for the olympics. Plus I always take the bloke out who arranged it for me to various lunches on my company credit card, which helps :rolleyes: . It was a fun day for sure!