ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

A friend just linked this

Gonna do some more research into it, looks like it could be good

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've been following this for a short while and it's got potential... a kind of Assassins Creed: Middle Earth. I have high hopes for it (or maybe wishful thinking, I don't know!) :)

Nissan 350z
Had to lol when they activated the "wraith mode" which was basically Eagle Vision someone had re-coloured blue. It looks good overall theres no doubting that, but is it unique enough?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm bored of Assassins creed so although its the same game with a new face i'll probably give it a go.

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah it did play extremely similar to assassins creed, but the whole 'enemies never forget' mechanic looks immense

Yeah I'm a bit suspicious of that though. Sounds like developer hype trying to push something out there to defend it from being a blatant AC clone in an LOTR universe.

I remember the hype about Forza's drivatars. In reality I've seen regular AI that is every bit as convincing and makes mistakes and stuff. The only thing drivatars brought to the game was that the other cars in single player mode have sh*tty colour schemes. It makes the game worse not better.

I expect these NPC's will be no different to the AI in any other game so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Talking of driving games we have already seen AI that changes its behaviour depending on what you do and they remember you bashing into them and start bearing a grudge.

I'm very disappointed as I got hyped when I heard there would be a new LOTR game but then was extremely let down when I saw it was the same sh*tty AC gameplay that I got bored of a long time ago. I mean most people say the best thing about the last one was the boats and not the combat this new game has ripped off. I got a third into AC4 and even the sailing couldn't save it for me.

1.8 Civic EX
looks smart. As above, very much a carbon copy of AC though. Working you through the whole alligence thing is basically just a "road map" to reaching the final boss, in the same way the DNA tracks works in AC. the difference here is that it would apear you have much more control over which route you take, giving it more of an RPG element.

1.8 Civic EX
Can pre-download the game from today on Xbox one aparently (assuming you are willing to pay the £55 price tag from the live store!) Release date 03/10/2014

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ordered it today too from play.com 39.99

Looks decent

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, it's very good indeed. Far better than I thought it would be, too.

Seems like next gen consoles are coming into their own now :cool:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I paid 39 on play.com for the PS4

Still yet to play it though
I should pull my finger out

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I looked at this earlier in GAME. Last week it was £48 pre owned! Now its down to £30. Might go back next week for it.

1.8 Civic EX
40hrs of play, 100% complete and 1000/1000 gamerscore.

Best game I've played on in Xbox one so far IMO. Only downside is the main story mission feels a bit rushed at the end, once you gain the ability to actually command the captains there are only 3 or 4 very short missions left.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
40hrs of play, 100% complete and 1000/1000 gamerscore.

Best game I've played on in Xbox one so far IMO. Only downside is the main story mission feels a bit rushed at the end, once you gain the ability to actually command the captains there are only 3 or 4 very short missions left.

Good job that I'm actually s**t at commanding the warchiefs then! I probably could have got the 5 branded by now but I keep killing them by mistake! Got 3 out of the 5 done but doing some of the other missions too to try to build up the powers etc.

Some of them are bloody hard though. I do like the game, more than I thought I would.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
So tempted to pick this up as Sunset Overdrive was a flop. Although too many good games coming up!
If anyone wants rid of their copy, PM me I will beat the trade in prices :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just finished the campaign...
I was disappointed with the final boss, I thought, or hoped, it would be more than 3 on screen prompts to finish it.
I was hoping it would be a battle like against some of the war chiefs

I'll try to platinum this but I'm not sure I will. Hopefully none of the trophies are miss able.

1.8 Civic EX
lol so you see what I mean about the last few misions then...just a bit disapointing for such a good game.

None of the achievements are missable as far as I'm aware, by the time I beat the final boss I only had three more to get. (level 25 rune, execute a burning beserker, and rescue a certain amount fo slaves in an alotted time while riding a caragor), but then I'm a side quest whore, I always do all available side missions before continuing with the main story.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
This should be arriving this week sometime, looking forward to it!

7a600af9a4f09b4248cd257f7d1c4aab.jpg

Pic from tonight's session..... Now everyone go out and buy! Lol