ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Well I played up until the very first boss kill (the Slaver dude, so not very far in). Interesting game, not really sure what I should be doing? In fights I tend to just button bash, and after I killed the slaver, I saw Gollum in the distance, now do I just carry on killing these council members and that's it?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Still loving this game :) It's actually really rewarding when you pull off 100+ hit streaks and suchlike! I'm still spending most of my time wandering around rather than progressing the story; yet I've done this for such a length of time that my character is now pretty strong (although some abilities still remain locked until I progress the story). I've only been killed a couple of times in the last 35 hours or so of play... and that was by damned Carragors! D'oh. The throwing daggers are extremely useful for keeping the hit streaks flowing.

@MarcJP - On the map screen, look for the yellow symbols and head for those; they will progress the story. The white symbols are generally side missions that allow you to up your abilities and develop your character.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, I'd figured that out. Although you managed to answer my question - I wasn't sure if I just went straight to the yellow icons and that was that, but now I know there's side missions. I was worrying that the game would be over really soon, but it looks like I was wrong to panic :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I don't seem to be as good at this as I was at the Arkham Asylum games (similar).
I'm up to trying to kill 4 war cheifs, but I keep dying, and they keep getting stronger!

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I've killed 2 warchiefs so far but I've spent most my time trying to make my character stronger

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I don't seem to be as good at this as I was at the Arkham Asylum games (similar).
I'm up to trying to kill 4 war cheifs, but I keep dying, and they keep getting stronger!
There's no shame in running away mate... that's one of the main 'tactics' I've used to avoid getting killed! One of the war chiefs I took on the other night took me about 2 hours to kill; trying to take out his minions before being able to lure him next to an exploding barrel (because fear of fire was his only weakness!)

I've killed 2 warchiefs so far but I've spent most my time trying to make my character stronger
That's exactly what I've been doing mate.

The later power-ups make it all the more fun :)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I completed the story missions last night (Last mission was a cake walk compared to some of the warchief challenges tbh).
Now I'm just gonna go through and complete the side missions and try and 100% the game.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I completed the story missions last night (Last mission was a cake walk compared to some of the warchief challenges tbh).
Now I'm just gonna go through and complete the side missions and try and 100% the game.

Agreed. The final encounter was a disgrace. Press X when prompted. Repeat.

F*ck you.

Reactions: AK
Exactly what I'm doing. [emoji106] done almost all the collectables. Just about a third of the side missions now.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The abilities that enable 20s of unlimited stealth kills and 20 seconds of assassination kills are pretty cool.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The abilities that enable 20s of unlimited stealth kills and 20 seconds of assassination kills are pretty cool.

You can actually buy those 3 abilities for 79p each or something like that in the online shop, too. Just if you don't want to use your M points on unlocking them.

There's no shame in running away mate... that's one of the main 'tactics' I've used to avoid getting killed! One of the war chiefs I took on the other night took me about 2 hours to kill; trying to take out his minions before being able to lure him next to an exploding barrel (because fear of fire was his only weakness!)

That's exactly what I've been doing mate.

The later power-ups make it all the more fun :)
Fire arrow ability is very handy for situations where captains scared of fire.
It's also for thinning out numbers if you have flurry of throwing daggers.... run back, unleash load of daggers to get your combo to 5, for your execution, then you can use 2 fire arrows to instantly kill 2 orcs.

Will check your video tonight.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. The final encounter was a disgrace. Press X when prompted. Repeat.
S**t, that's really disappointing to hear. I was hoping for a tough final encounter to be honest :(

Exactly what I'm doing. [emoji106] done almost all the collectables. Just about a third of the side missions now.
I've done all the side missions, maxed the runes, maxed the weapons and have more M than I can spend. All abilities are maxed, too. I just need to finish off the story mode now and I think I'm done. A gem of a game and a bargain buy at twenty-something quid through Steam.

Fire arrow ability is very handy for situations where captains scared of fire.
It's also for thinning out numbers if you have flurry of throwing daggers.... run back, unleash load of daggers to get your combo to 5, for your execution, then you can use 2 fire arrows to instantly kill 2 orcs.
Yeah, the Fire Arrow is handy... but not when they are invulnerable to ranged attack! Zero effect! :) As was the case with the Warchief I spent two hours on the other night. Invulnerable to stealth, combat finishers, ranged, cannot vault him, cannot stun him, combat master, etc. etc.... LOL! The exploding barrel was my only means of taking him out. I must have taken out a good few hundred orcs over those two hours.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As was the case with the Warchief I spent two hours on the other night. Invulnerable to stealth, combat finishers, ranged, cannot vault him, cannot stun him, combat master, etc. etc.... LOL! The exploding barrel was my only means of taking him out. I must have taken out a good few hundred orcs over those two hours.

You've got a hell of a lot more patience than me, Andy! I just started the warchief stuff and got so close to killing one before I finally died, that I just immediately switched the game off and played something else. The prospect of pressing X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, quick Y&B, X, Y, X, X, Y, X, X for approximately two hours to take down one uruk, simply makes my eyes want to bleed.

I might come back to it at some point, but I doubt it. The super-cool carnage that you do initially is awesome, but it gets uber-tiresome pretty quickly. And if I've not heard that phrase "....why are you here, wraith?" so many goddamn times already - lol.

S**t, that's really disappointing to hear. I was hoping for a tough final encounter to be honest :(

I've done all the side missions, maxed the runes, maxed the weapons and have more M than I can spend. All abilities are maxed, too. I just need to finish off the story mode now and I think I'm done. A gem of a game and a bargain buy at twenty-something quid through Steam.

Yeah, the Fire Arrow is handy... but not when they are invulnerable to ranged attack! Zero effect! :) As was the case with the Warchief I spent two hours on the other night. Invulnerable to stealth, combat finishers, ranged, cannot vault him, cannot stun him, combat master, etc. etc.... LOL! The exploding barrel was my only means of taking him out. I must have taken out a good few hundred orcs over those two hours.
Ah, that is a b*****d that one. Combat master ones are the worst!

My current mission is to own the nemesis board! [emoji38]

Currently dominate all 5 warchiefs, and 6 captains.
Need to stop slaughtering all the captain's so I can dominate them! Keep issuing death threats to them all to rank them up, then killing them and their guards. Good times!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
You've got a hell of a lot more patience than me, Andy!
Patience is my middle name... as seen per my Trophy project thread! LOL! I can see your point though and appreciate it's not for everyone. :) Due to some demanding home projects and work it's really nice to be able to switch off, mash some buttons and get lost in the game for a few hours. I think that's added to the enjoyment as I don't have to think too hard!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Combat Master enemies are easily tackled by shoulder barging them and then using your hit combo but not actually following through until completion. So you barge them, then go into the quick succession strikes but instead of doing all 6 or 7 stop at 5. Then jump over them and you should still be in the hit combo phase. Do another 4 or 5 hits using this, then jump over and repeat. You can really take them down quite quickly with this tactic as you never really come out of the hit combo phase if you time it correctly.

The Combat Master enemies are easily tackled by shoulder barging them and then using your hit combo but not actually following through until completion. So you barge them, then go into the quick succession strikes but instead of doing all 6 or 7 stop at 5. Then jump over them and you should still be in the hit combo phase. Do another 4 or 5 hits using this, then jump over and repeat. You can really take them down quite quickly with this tactic as you never really come out of the hit combo phase if you time it correctly.
Awesome tip! Will make my life much easier! Thanks mate.

I never use shoulder badge. Should use it more.
Does the barge knock them down? As you could use wealth burn when their down?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If anyone is thinking of getting this for the ps4 and fancies a swap for kill zone 4 or bf4 let me know

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I was playing this last night, and I seemed to be having issues with my Achievements? I was setting Caragors free, for example, and it wasn't registering. Anyone else having similar issues?