ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini Cooper S Works GP No1021

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
11 months of dribs and drabs working on it, and this is the end result. To say I'm happy with it is an understatement!

fe1a3e257ac39379c52f0be4eadd2e5d.jpg

79f99fcc5e43a6d554cb7ebf32b4f57a.jpg

193bb1d097a0d78bd4bcb004b23474c3.jpg

66de57b17f49b2c391652ce254147f6d.jpg

072c0c483469275f959554a3dd926763.jpg

25a5c6e8354dae3e9fe203985486bca7.jpg

32b46ac7a47547fc5ff5d55f77c98bac.jpg

Work we've done;
4 new dunlop SP Sport tyres, 205-40-18
New discs and pads all round
Wheels refurbed and re-polished
Full service
Brake fluid change
New timing chain tensioner
Wheels off seats out deep clean.

(Sadly) coming to an auto trader advert near you. :-(

Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I love these recently, really growing on me. Seats don't suit it though and look a bit naff.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love these recently, really growing on me. Seats don't suit it though and look a bit naff.
Whilst I agree they look naff (they look like they belong in a mondeo) they are proper comfy, the leather is really soft, and they are the fastest/hottest heated seats I've ever used!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How much are you after for it @Daniel?
Lower mileage ones are advertised for £15k ish, and a smashed up one just sold on copart for £8k so I think £10k is the money.

There's some at £20k!! but they have under 10,000 miles on

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just when the normal Cooper S has dropped like a stone.
I don't think they've dropped that bad. I just traded a 55 plate with a humungous spec, 120k on it, shredded aux belt, every panel scratched/chipped, needing 4 new tyres, for £2250. It's now on the dealers forecourt for £4495.

If that was a 182 it would have been lucky to make £800 lol!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yep. Mine on 106k even with all the major jobs done is worth nothing. One of the reasons for buying a Mini was the ease of selling, I just bought the wrong one.
Aren't you selling yours? Got a link to the advert?

I don't think they've dropped that bad. I just traded a 55 plate with a humungous spec, 120k on it, shredded aux belt, every panel scratched/chipped, needing 4 new tyres, for £2250. It's now on the dealers forecourt for £4495.

If that was a 182 it would have been lucky to make £800 lol!
Hmmm well now mine has 12 months MOT hopefully someone will give me £3k for it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Also shouldn't the wheels be matt grey not shiny black?
Yes indeed they should. But they always looked dirty/dull.

So we stripped them all, painted the black bits gloss and polished all the naked metal. They look frikkin awesome.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks cracking

Don't want a GT Turbo do you ;-)
Ha! I'd love one mate but I'm giving up with cars now. Now I've got a proper job I just don't have the time to work on them.
This took 11 months and really it was 3 weekends work.

I'm just going to sell the lot and concentrate on my track car. Hopefully then I'll be able to actually do a track day in it!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
It does look very good, the only current mini that appeals to me, did it have a paint correction detail?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It does look very good, the only current mini that appeals to me, did it have a paint correction detail?

Not by me, no time! It must have had one with the previous owner though as I Clayed the whole car and next to nothing came off. It's like glass.

Ex 182 owner
I can help but think that with the bulbus nature of the new ones... These are going to become very very collectable. Roof numbers ect was a nice touch on the r53 aswell. it was a real shame that they didnt do a proper rear seat delete on any of the 172/182's.

A band wagon to jump on now as you say. Unfortunately i am going to miss the boat with these..can barley afford this pink french tin can as is ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Top end cars were fetching £9/10,000 when I bought this.
They're now £15,000 rising to £20,000.

Similar to the spike with the Ph2 V6's a few years ago.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
There is nothing I don't like about them. So so much fun whilst lots of modernism thrown in. Waitey's seats win but love it.

Guy in America fitted back seats to his! (I looked into that a lot whilst considering one when I sold my first Frp)

Toureg vW Transporte
Looks great. Really like these. Only thing that holds me back is the number of seats. Have many people put seats in the back?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Very nice, and a proper appreciating car.
I thought they had brembo 4 pots though?
No one the new shape JCW's had brembos as an option. The new shape GP's had them as standard.

This shape GP got the bigger standard disks of the new cooper s.

Swift Sport
Lovely car that is, Dan!

Maybe I need to seriously consider a Mini and stop looking at sub-£1500 sh*tters. I've got £20k to play with ffs! I should at least take a closer look at Dave's as it sounds ideal.

Inferno 225 cup
Would it be possible to get a bucket seat in the back? Like in the middle weld it somewhere?

All I need is three seats and I'd love it.