ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mintno1's PH1 172 Progress Thread

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
That does look really smart, good stuff getting the new exhaust etc on, it's so satisfying slowly working down a list isn't it!
@imprezaworks that's a great looking car too your old one :up:

Feels great working down the list especially when you can see/feel improvements just makes me want to do more though :smile: I keep looking at @Phase1sr thread, it could end up being a slippery slope!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Thought i would add a pic of the other car in the family, only owned for a few months but does everything really well and goes a bit too with it being the Aero, am sorely tempted to tweak it but think I will keep spending money on the Ph1 instead :smile:

31689333991_0042ee4786_h.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Also the new front windscreen rubber has arrived for the clio to go with the HT leads and side strip badges I already have. All being well will be ordering the bit's for the Fatty induction kit and spacers over Christmas. The spacers are on my to do list but the Fatty has been added as my standard air box isn't the best and needs replacing ideally so will be on the lookout for a standard one in better condition but will give the Fatty a go as well as have heard good things!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
What spacers are you after?
If you can wait until January I will have a set of 25mm H&R bolt to hub spacers and a set of 15mm (I think, could be a 5mm and a 10mm to make 15mm) behind the hub rear spacers which I am not going to need.

And +1 on th Fatty IK, adds a bit more drama to the driving with the noise

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
If you can wait until January I will have a set of 25mm H&R bolt to hub spacers and a set of 15mm (I think, could be a 5mm and a 10mm to make 15mm) behind the hub rear spacers which I am not going to need.

That could be interesting, I haven't ordered them yet I was after 25mm H&R and 5mm rear, how long have you been running them, are you swapping to something else? I have heard good things about the Fatty and the videos I have found it sounds good too :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
What have you done with the old exhaust and the brake ducts?
Keep the progress coming bud, it's looking great so far

Exhaust came off and sold on the same day which was a result and the brake ducts were home made and weren't the best so they ended up in the bin, they were disintegrating though so wouldn't have been good for anyone

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Are they my old H&R spacers?

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Shame (for me) that exhaust may have been perfect :laughing:
Thanks for the fast reply though bud

No problems, thanks for posting, the only thing I have that I don't really need at the minute is an aluminium bonnet although have managed to tuck it away in the house otherwise the wife was going to kill me :smile: she didn't want a bonnet decorating the house for Christmas

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Ah. Cambridge is Ok, its the Titanium ... does it match well ;-)
Got yours started yet Karlos?

Your not a million miles away, I'll be honest I haven't offered it up to the car so not sure how well it matches to titanium :smile:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Not been able to work on it due to little one arriving 3 days ago and still having issues with the unit I've rented, once I'm in... it's full steam ahead to find the problems :up:

What's the matter with it? I would love a unit to work on my car, have been looking but can't find one locally

What's the matter with it? I would love a unit to work on my car, have been looking but can't find one locally

I've bought a Non-Starter...which is going one of two ways at the minute..
1. Full on track car
2. Full on cube once stripped 🙈

I think it's an earthing issue, but I'll need to do quite a bit of digging to get it sorted

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Are they my old H&R spacers?
Yes they are. The new wheels have more of an offset on them so they might be at a push to fit under the arches with the 25mm spacers.

That could be interesting, I haven't ordered them yet I was after 25mm H&R and 5mm rear, how long have you been running them, are you swapping to something else?
I can have a look over the weekend to what the rears are (car and spare parts are kept at my dad's and I am not there until boxing day).
Nothing wrong with the front spacers. As said above my new wheels have a bigger offset so may catch on the arches. @Dr Jekyll can vouch for them as he had them before me. I have had them a year with no problems with them. Ally bodies with a steel threaded insert too so are a better quality.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I've bought a Non-Starter...which is going one of two ways at the minute..
1. Full on track car
2. Full on cube once stripped 🙈
I think it's an earthing issue, but I'll need to do quite a bit of digging to get it sorted

Let's hope you manage to get it sorted, look forward to seeing what happens with it, hopefully it's simple :up: although if it's got some good bit's on it I might be interested 😂

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yes they are. The new wheels have more of an offset on them so they might be at a push to fit under the arches with the 25mm spacers. I can have a look over the weekend to what the rears are (car and spare parts are kept at my dad's and I am not there until boxing day).
Nothing wrong with the front spacers. As said above my new wheels have a bigger offset so may catch on the arches. @Dr Jekyll can vouch for them as he had them before me. I have had them a year with no problems with them. Ally bodies with a steel threaded insert too so are a better quality.

Yep, let me know about the size of all of them when you manage to have a look at them, from what I have seen the quality is really good on the H&R ones :up:

Last edited:
As a side issue, the Saab looks very smart, can imagine that's got plenty of toys and electric gadgets to go with it being the 'hot' aero version? I do like a comfy cruiser as a daily, I have a E46 BMW 325i saloon myself so the Saab gets a high five!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
As a side issue, the Saab looks very smart, can imagine that's got plenty of toys and electric gadgets to go with it being the 'hot' aero version? I do like a comfy cruiser as a daily, I have a E46 BMW 325i saloon myself so the Saab gets a high five!

It's like driving a sofa :smile: and it munches miles very well and it can definitely surprise a few things when it gets going, big BMW fan I have quite a few on my to own one day list :up:

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
View attachment 172578 View attachment 172579 View attachment 172581
As you can see the quality is much better than my old MAD ones if it's bolt to hub type. The H&R ones come with steel inserts and are very light. They was also purchased on 20th Jan 2014. Hope that helps.

They do look great, I think I am going to go for 25mm on the front, I think the 20mm look good but I am running camber on the front and think I can get away with 25mm, I think if I go 20mm I am going to think I could have gone another 5mm :smile: on a separate note do you still have the boot net for sale? Will it fit the PH1?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah 25mm with camber is the same as 20mm without near enough id imagine.

Yes i do have the net still and yes I do believe it fits a ph1 as well as ph2. You should have 2 clips on the isofix bar and 2 clips on the inner boot panel that the net hooks onto. Can post tomorrow too :wink:

I'm sure @Phase1sr had one on hes old ph1.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yes i do have the net still and yes I do believe it fits a ph1 as well as ph2. You should have 2 clips on the isofix bar and 2 clips on the inner boot panel that the net hooks onto. Can post tomorrow too :wink: I'm sure @Phase1sr had one on hes old ph1.

Will drop you a PM about the net

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Have been up North for Christmas and New Year, always good to come back and see the Clio where it's supposed to be, it's obviously been nice and cold while I have been away will see how happy it is when I fire it up in the morning!! Have been buying bit's for it over Christmas will update once they all arrive :smile:

31251721263_7c30b6dabc_h.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Yes i do have the net still and yes I do believe it fits a ph1 as well as ph2. You should have 2 clips on the isofix bar and 2 clips on the inner boot panel that the net hooks onto. Can post tomorrow too :wink:

I'm sure @Phase1sr had one on hes old ph1.
Sorry mate only just seen this, yes the boot net will fit a PH1. [emoji2]