ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mintno1's PH1 172 Progress Thread

Many.
Hai.

This one certainly isn't worth saving with the drivers side rust on the arch, around filler cap (inside & out), and the previous welding on the inner sill.
I'd love to see behind the N/S skirt, I suspect it'll be all gone.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
So sorry to hear this..... another one bites the dust :confused::cry:
My fingers are crossed for when it comes to MOT time for mine!

Not the best but hopefully it will save some other's and push the price up of the ones left :smile: I am going to try and get another one but will have to see what I can find, might end up with a PH2 instead if i can't find a good one :up:

Phs1 172
Sorry to read another ph1 is being broken. Ive not been on here for ages, but I just re-mot'd my ph1 yesterday after a year in storage. I love the little thing!

Will you / have you got a breaking add up?

Gareth.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Sorry to read another ph1 is being broken. Ive not been on here for ages, but I just re-mot'd my ph1 yesterday after a year in storage. I love the little thing!
Will you / have you got a breaking add up?
Gareth.

Yes I will have an advert once it is broken, if their is anything in particular that you are looking for you can always drop me a PM and I can let you know what condition it's in etc. How long have you owned the Ph1 for? Hopefully I'm pushing the value up for you :smile:

Phs1 172
Cool will have a think and pm you.

Ive had it since March 2014 I think. lol the reason I didn't sell it last year is because its worth peanuts so I kept it, but im using it again at the moment hence getting it out of the shed. Mines a Y reg 2001.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Cool will have a think and pm you.
Ive had it since March 2014 I think. lol the reason I didn't sell it last year is because its worth peanuts so I kept it, but im using it again at the moment hence getting it out of the shed. Mines a Y reg 2001.

No problems, I think if you have a garage to stick it in and you can have it off the road, like you say might as well keep it, they are getting rarer so who knows they might go up in value eventually! Would love another one!

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
I may have the wheels depending on price mate ? Drop us a pm with a price your thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I may have the wheels depending on price mate ? Drop us a pm with a price your thinking
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question, once I have had chance to check tyres, condition and they are off the car will let you know :up:

172 Ph1
Yes I will have an advert once it is broken, if their is anything in particular that you are looking for you can always drop me a PM and I can let you know what condition it's in etc. How long have you owned the Ph1 for? Hopefully I'm pushing the value up for you :smile:

Pushing the value up : You recon ?

Had mine since 2008 .
Not broken the 80k yet but close.

IMG_5575.jpg

172 Ph1
I do think eventually they will rise in price, especially with the rate they are being broken, the good ones will be saved, hopefully I will get one again before they do :up:

Question is , if they aim to fetch a premium , its wether or not it's worth spending a few quid to redo the rewards later .
For me it's a love affair , love this car .
Good luck with finding a good one .

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Question is , if they aim to fetch a premium , its wether or not it's worth spending a few quid to redo the rewards later .
For me it's a love affair , love this car .
Good luck with finding a good one .

I agree, unfortunately I am not invested in this car having not long ago bought it, if it had survived this MOT and cropped up on the next I don't think I would be breaking it. Also this one has some issues with service history and needs other bit's doing over and above the MOT if it was a rare colour, had a folder of receipts etc. it also wouldn't be being broken. :smile:

Phs1 172
I agree, unfortunately I am not invested in this car having not long ago bought it, if it had survived this MOT and cropped up on the next I don't think I would be breaking it. Also this one has some issues with service history and needs other bit's doing over and above the MOT if it was a rare colour, had a folder of receipts etc. it also wouldn't be being broken. :smile:
Ok ive just remembered the heater blowers stopped working on it before i stopped using it. Ive been looking about today and i think the fan resistor is goosed. Did the fans work on all speeds on your ph1? If so ill be after the resistor, its under the scuttle panel, drivers side. I can get a pic if needed. Cheers

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Ok ive just remembered the heater blowers stopped working on it before i stopped using it. Ive been looking about today and i think the fan resistor is goosed. Did the fans work on all speeds on your ph1? If so ill be after the resistor, its under the scuttle panel, drivers side. I can get a pic if needed. Cheers

Yep worked at all speeds, will keep a note and let you know once it's off the car and how much it will be etc.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Shell now off to the scrapyard, last pic of the Ph1 am on the hunt for another one :smile:

33091397456_802204ee2e_b.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
A sad sight indeed! :cry:
Was good to meet you though today Gareth, at least parts of this car will live on in others!:cool:

Cheers Dan, good to meet you too, car was looking good, good to see one still in one piece :smile: