ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mitch1503 daily with a few goodies

FB_IMG_1477179286899.jpg
Alright lads, some of the older members may remember me from the days of owning my Iceberg Cup (J9 CUP)

I replaced this with a Mk1 3 MPS, which i had for just over 2 years and modified nicely (bigger turbo and all supporting mods) which was heading for 380BHP and similar torque.. however one night at the end of March whilst driving home the bottom end blew through the oil return on the block and up in flames it went, soo i thought il go back to a clio as a cheap car to get me to and from work
Screenshot_2016-10-23-00-49-05.png

Whilst i waited for the insurance to pay out i popped down to Bedford to borrow the step fathers JCW GP to get to and from work as it sits not being used majority of the year.Loved every minute of using it, great handling car especially with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, got offered the car for a VERYYY good price if i wanted it.. However i couldnt bring myself to dailying it so declined the offer

Kept my eyes open for a nice tidy 1*2 which is when i saw the owner mention this one going up for sale soon so i popped her a PM asking to let me know when it was available, 2 weeks later and i got the message and i confirmed i wanted the car and would drive down that weekend to collect it.
FB_IMG_1477179323614.jpg

Screenshot_2016-10-23-00-49-55.png

20160708_165041.jpg 20160708_165034.jpg 20160724_182056.jpg 20161015_140919.jpg 20161015_140906.jpg 20161015_143009.jpg 20160913_145647.jpg 20160913_145855.jpg Quickly cut down work/progress so far, had the timing checked by Andy @ CT as i knew it wasn't quite right on my drive home - was found to be retarded so Andy corrected it for me.

Then came Brand New Cup shocks & Eibach sportlines with New Genuine top mounts (ran them on the Cup)

Front pads & discs along with rear pads

Oil & filter change using genuine renault items

Gearbox oil change

New Genuine Tie rods & Lemforder ends

Furl filter change
A
ll this has been done in around 6k as i bought the car with 59K on the clocks

Found the stock centre pipe is blowing on the flange so looking to order a KTR Supersports Stealth on Monday if i cant pick a 2nd hand one up by then

20160708_165041.jpg 20160708_165034.jpg 20160724_182056.jpg 20161015_140919.jpg 20161015_140906.jpg

Well nothing major has happened since i last posted, just general servicing i.e oil & filter. Bough a ramair panel filter and fitted that a few weeks ago.

Went in for MOT 2weeks ago and the drivers side handbrake cable snapped so i ordered a pair from RPD which arrived quickly as always, then thought i may aswel do inner ARB bushes at the same time as mine were cracked. Ordered new Genuine items from RPD so last Thursday i done both Handbrake cables and inner arb bushes (had abit of a pain with these)

Toying with the idea of getting some Bilstein B14's as i want to go abit lower than currently sitting with the Sportlines and get some 15's with nice sticky rubber

Small update (no pics) bought a VERY VERY good condition K-tec stealth from Kelv so fitted that to the car, iv recently discovered iv got a coolant leak so iv got a New Nissens rad sat in the shed ready to fit but im also going to do silicone coolant hoses at the same time.

Just had the usual 6k oil & filter change earlier in the week, hopefully fitting a pair of new lemforder ball joints tomorrow after iv been into work for a few hours overtime.

Plans on the list is new front discs along with Mintex M1155 pads,braided lines and some new fluid for now

Well done the balljoints y.day and what a pain in the ass it was getting the pinch bolt out but nothing my lump hammer didnt sort.

Ordered this little lot last night along with Mikalor clamps ready to change with the rad over the bank holiday weekend
Screenshot_2017-05-14-14-21-26.png

Well hoses have just arrived from MTC and i have to say they seem very good quality for the price, Mikalor clamps also came on Monday from Ramair so now all i have to do is fit them over the weekend (weather and work dependant)
14950276394001961645856.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ah the old 'I wont mod it promise' made similar pact with myself when I bought the odyssey......lasted all of 4 days!lol!

20170521_173105.jpg
Small update, today i set about changing the rad and coolant hoses due to having a leak, didn't take any pics in the process as tbh i just wanted to get it done so i could chill.

Hoses are MTC off ebay which seem decent quality for the money and the rad is Nissens also purchased from ebay

Very minor update as i havn't really done anything due to work and other things. Iv got a new gearbox mount sat waiting to be fitted but iv also decided im going to ditch the Ramair panel filter and go for K-tec nock off set up.

Parts started to arrive for the intake, just waiting for the coupler and a small filter for the breather however i may drill the silicone pipe and plumb it back into the intake (undecided as yet)
20170629_121800.jpg

Small update, as iv got the day off work i thought id set about sorting the fatty IK.
Just need to see about securing the filter down as it moves about and is scratching the sh*t out the paint, needing to figure where im going to route my breather filter 2 also (thinking longer bit of pipe and located on the top right corner inbetween the coolant & Pas bottles

Also fitted a Gold Plug magnetic sump plug when i last changed the oil & filter
20170707_134216.jpg
20170625_152901.jpg

Made a little order today from Bilt Hamber for some Underseal products as i noticed the car does'nt seem to have much on as its flaking off and the silver floor pan is on show.

I will be off work for 2 weeks in the next fortnight so i intend to jack the car up and put it on axle stands and give the underside a good clean and leave over night to dry before giving it a good covering.
Plan on also giving the inlets a good clean and a quick paint (undecided on colour as yet) along with fitting the new gearbox mount iv got sat ready to go on and some fresh box oil

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-09-23-44-48.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-09-23-44-48.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 73
Very small update (no pics as not much to see)

Well i decided to do the underseal this week whilst im off work so on Saturday i got the car up and gave the floor pan a good scrub with HDD Road Rage and a stiff brush and then blasted it off with the pressure washer. BiltHamber Dynax UB suggested to clean the surface with white spirit so i also done this.

Well Monday came and i decided to get under the car and give it its first coat of paint and inject the chassic etc with Dynax S50, didnt take long as i used a roller for the floor and then a brush for around the edge/ tight spots. Left 24Hrs to dry and went out this morning and gave it it's 2nd coat which should be more than ample.

Id originally bought 3LTR of Dynax UB but iv used less than 1ltr up to now so at somepoint this week im going to pull the wheels off and give the arches a good coating and also fit the gearbox mount that i have sat in the shed

Very small update:
Finally got round to fitting the upper gearbox mount that iv had sat for a while, piss easy and don't really understand how some ppl struggle. The old one didn't look in to bad of condition so iv kept it in the shed incase for some reason it comes in handy.

Planned on also painting the inlet,fuel rail guard & upper engine mounting bracket but the weather changed for the worst so that can wait another day
20170727_134527.jpg
20170727_134520.jpg
20170727_134515.jpg

Toying between buying coilovers or some Pro Race 3,tyres and possibly a arb. (Would of bought the lot but bought new mattress etc this last week so spare funds are now lower

Well just put a order in with KamRacing for a Whiteline Arb and Eibach camber bolts.. Once they arrive il get them fitted straight away, going to buy a Gunson camber gauge so i can set it best i can till i have time to get it set up properly

Camber gauge arrived today, arb & camber bolts will be here monday so aslong as its dry i'll set about getting them fitted.

Made another purchase tonight in the form of Pro Race 3's in White 15" ET35 however i'm thinking of getting them refurbed straight away in a nice silver.. yes i could of bought them in silver however buying them in white plus the cost of a refurb still came out cheaper than just getting them in silver in the first place

20170731_141602.jpg
Well just had a nice little delivery 5mins ago, think im going to hold off fitting them for today and possibly paint the brackets just to keeping it looking better for a little while longer lol

Just waiting for a confirmation email to say when my wheels will be shipped then il look at ordering tyres. Thinking of going Toyo R1R as i ran them on my old Cup after Tony recommendig to try them orr do i go for something iv not used before in the form of Ad08's, that's a one i need to think about

Ended up fitting the ARB and discovered Another genuine rear shock to be goosed, thats 2 now in the space of 14months. Just a slight misting of oil so il be replacing these with Koni adjustables this time around

Also a quick pic of the underseal now its dry (crappy pic)
20170731_162634.jpg
20170731_162714.jpg

Well after a quick phone call on Wednesday i was told they had NO white Pro Race 3 in stock and that it was a website error, could have them made for me in around 3weeks or he could do me Gloss Block for the same price (Bearing in mind GB were listed @ a higher price) so i said yes to the GB.

Just awaiting delivery as i type this within the next hour, still havn't decided on tyres yet so still need to get them ordered before i can even think about fitting the wheels. Will be ordering a new set of wheel bolts & lockers for when i do fit them

20170804_121048.jpg
Well after waiting all week they finally arrived, didn't realise they'd come with wheel bolts aswel so just need to buy a set of lock bolts.

One wheel has a small burr on the inner side lip (guessing from casting) so i while file it down just to make sure its smooth and can't cause any damage to tyres

Well sold the Pro Race 3's today as i hadnt ordered any tyres and they were sat collecting dust.

Done a lil purchase 2weeks ago so now my attention will be on the Mrs new daily..

Nice lil spec'd 250CUP
Drl's
Recaro's
Keyless entry/start
Bluetooth

Lowered on H&R springs
RST decat with Non Res Scorpion system
Airtec cooler
Filter
With a nice lil map from RST
2017-09-23 17.26.00.jpg