ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Why you no sell.and buy megane 225?

Also got a clutch foc if you want hunni :kissingheart:
Ohh clutch for what my man?
Deciding to stick at it and stick more money into it for the time being 😂

Have a track day booked in September, and I sourced some 266mm Lucas calipers so just need some discs/pads/fluid and some braided lines. I'll need to purchase a set of 595 RSR's or Yoko's depending on price, have a brief look at the suspension as there's a slight knock over bumps, get the tracking sorted them fit these Catcam743's along with a new cambelt/aux belt, service the old girl and fingers crossed she's ready!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
266 calipers, I hear you say?
There are 3 types of pads available for those, depending on year and car they're from.
I had a migraine finding the right pads.
You should have taken the deal on the mower.

Skoda Fabia VRS
What forums are about for these nowadays I'd love a 106 gti/Saxo Vts again
They're all dead.
Saxperience and 106owners used to be like CS back in the day but they died!
As above! Saxperience used to be very busy, but it sort of dropped off the map in 2014.
Saxo VTS bud
Oh, I may pick you up on that at some point, as mine is a little high!
266 calipers, I hear you say?
There are 3 types of pads available for those, depending on year and car they're from.
I had a migraine finding the right pads.
You should have taken the deal on the mower.
Haven't a clue what they came from lol, this is sounding like a pain in the arse already lol.
I know, it would've only appreciated in value in comparison to this, too.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Update, but no fancy pics. Sad face.

Had the 743's fitted on the weekend, didn't bother changing the belts as I'm an utterly mad balla'. Or, previous belts are 10 months old and have done about 4k miles tops.
This was a good excuse as the cam covers were leaking, so they've been cleaned up and resealed to hopefully never piss out again.

13646887_10208906454792358_1629900560_o.jpg

13901854_10208907177770432_719122887_o.jpg

I've driven it for about 15 minutes, mainly because this happened.
13900661_10154499954643304_1626778592_n.jpg

Ignore the mirror, that was a cunting bird last week.
Basically the front part of the arch was a bit loose, a gust of wind got behind it and ripped the bloody thing off while I was doing about 50mph, flol!
So I've got a few more things to sort out before it gets back on the road.

She's currently on axle stands for the following work;
Polybushed Gearbox mount (finished last night after burning the old fucker out)
Uprated Linkages
Baker BM quickshift
Then just a general oil and filter change.
13902224_10154502363933304_1290955260_o.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Alternator packed in, so long story short she's now running a replacement Alternator with a light weight crank pulley, and light weight alternator pulley.
I'm starting to think the pace of the car is on par with my previous 182, which is good because anything from here onwards, will make it that much better. Which was the hard part about keeping the VTS over the 182, it lacked so much in comparison to a basically standard Clio.

Skoda Fabia VRS
What bodies thou going for?
GSXR bodies, not forking out £800+ for a set that could make the same power as these.
Predator ECU, on the cheaps and a friend has a base map so it'll save me quite a few hundred.
Why no updates?
I'm morbidly obese, and sexy.

AD08R's bought for my Trackday next Friday at Llandow, and my 266mm setup is being fitted in a few days time with Mintex 1144 pads.

LY Megane R26 230
I'm morbidly obese, and sexy.

AD08R's bought for my Trackday next Friday at Llandow, and my 266mm setup is being fitted in a few days time with Mintex 1144 pads.

You big hunk of man meat :hearteyes:

Still got this clutch if you want it and im in Newport on Thurs morning if you want to meet along the way?

Skoda Fabia VRS
😂
You big hunk of man meat :hearteyes:

Still got this clutch if you want it and im in Newport on Thurs morning if you want to meet along the way?
I'm too skint to afford a pissing Pasta Bake in my current situation, so can't warrant a clutch just yet 😂

Skoda Fabia VRS
Yesterday was absolutely fantastic at Llandow, I completely loved every second of the day.

I had been close to selling the car quite a few times, looking to sell some parts from her, and generally just giving up. I'm so glad I stuck it out and kept the car, along with the track day itself. It was my first ever day out on track and I feel as though I did pretty well, heck, to be honest there wasn't a whole load of cars overtaking me!
I'm very happy with the current setup, and considering most of the jobs were done by myself, it really does feel good. My only critique for myself was that I hadn't gained the confidence in late braking, which don't get me wrong, is nothing to be rushed. I feel as though in a lot of circumstances I was braking too early, and not using the full pedal.
If anyone's in the same position as me, I can't urge you enough to take the plunge and get out there. I've never pushed the car that hard, and I've never enjoyed myself more while behind the wheel.

I think I may book Llandow again on the 8th of October, or considering that's my Birthday, an idea for the parents!

28965683673_f0e325cab9_z.jpg

A quick update on the spec, as it's changed a bit lately.

Engine:
Supersprint 4-2-1 Manifold
Saxsport Decat system
Catcam 743's installed (standard timing and unmapped)
OEM airbox with pipework removed and Green Cotton filter
Lightweight Crank pulley
Lightweight Alternator pulley
Standard VTS Box with no alterations

Suspension:
160lb Grams racing springs
Bilstein B8 Shocks up front
Gaz GHA shocks at the rear (5 clicks)
Polybushed Dogbone mount
Polybushed front wishbone
Rear Axle lowered to 40mm

Brakes/Tyres:
AD08R's on VTS wheels
266mm Lucas Calipers
Mintex 1144 Pads
Brembo drilled+grooved discs
OEM Fluid
OEM Hoses

Interior:
Sunroof removed, aluminium plate installed
Door cards removed
Interior plastics removed
Buckets in replace of standard seats
Some wiring trimmed out and removed
Immobilizer removed and wiring

Skoda Fabia VRS
Also to note, the car really doesn't need ITB's. Having the cams dialed in, and mapped accordingly would be more than enough to pass some of the Itb'd cars.
I was giving @josh11490 a good try, but he's a better driver than me in general, and his car performs better/quicker overall with his cheeky Satchels.

Got to back Joe up, this really doesn't need ITB's as it seemed to keep up with the 4 (could of been even more infact) ITB'd 106's/Saxo's on the straights no problem

Wicked car Joe, was really impressed how it went, handled and stopped! Doesn't make it seem so bad you got rid of the 182 now!

Megane 250
Also to note, the car really doesn't need ITB's. Having the cams dialed in, and mapped accordingly would be more than enough to pass some of the Itb'd cars.
I was giving @josh11490 a good try, but he's a better driver than me in general, and his car performs better/quicker overall with his cheeky Satchels.

You drove really well dude, was great to see you out on track and stuck with the car, told you that you would love it haha!

No one needs itbs, it's just the sound [emoji23]

Take some late braking tips off @josh11490, he was leaving it late enough...maybe a bit too late that one time

I may have left it a bit late once or twice haha! I can't find your thread to post in, but cheers for the passenger ride in your Clio! Very very nice example and great to see it being used properly!

Skoda Fabia VRS
Wicked car Joe, was really impressed how it went, handled and stopped! Doesn't make it seem so bad you got rid of the 182 now!
The pain has eased now from selling the 182 on, I couldn't drive it like I drive this car, I'd feel so bad!

Take some late braking tips off @josh11490, he was leaving it late enough...maybe a bit too late that one time
That was brilliant... We just looked at each other in the car and burst out laughing 😂
Every car needs itbs! Wash your mouth out!
Oh, she'll be having them fitted! They're next to my bed just staring at me whispering 'Bwarp, bwarp bwarp'

Skoda Fabia VRS
Itb's didn't happen 😂
Sold them in October and bought a new lens for the Camera instead. As it currently stands, she's going up for sale in the new year as I'm wanting to take a different route.

Few pics from Brecon on the weekend.

31279690385_7339d57127_z.jpg

30457943064_552fa5e327_z.jpg

31164812211_ae3c111c08_z.jpg

31279623845_048d482456_z.jpg

31279616305_313c51fec9_z.jpg

31243275436_ac31c0453f_z.jpg

30457880244_7819ee7bcb_z.jpg

30457874154_1577943b32_z.jpg

31243244306_b2717e5082_z.jpg

30457833704_ff39be7413_z.jpg

31279510185_62387216bc_z.jpg

31164684201_70250190af_z.jpg

30911758590_42b71aae8e_z.jpg

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
That looks clean buddy, can't beat the OEM look with the alloy colour as well.

When I got rid it didn't look this good. They are so much fun on track, so easy to handle and learn about lift-off over-steer! I just hope the Clio is half as good as the VTS.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Love a mk1 vts they're bloody few and far between now as well, looks like a nice one mate [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Can't beat a mk1 vts, I've Always wanted one but the prices have gone stupid for them now!

last year I bought a cheap VTR for £300 blasted around 3 sisters in it twice then sold it for £500 and got another clio lol, should've bought a VTS really, only thing letting mine down was that it was slow and had shitty burgundy red paint [emoji40][emoji40][emoji40][emoji40]

9903859546ecd45bfebc4ec50ce7e213.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Can't beat a mk1 vts, I've Always wanted one but the prices have gone stupid for them now!

last year I bought a cheap VTR for £300 blasted around 3 sisters in it twice then sold it for £500 and got another clio lol, should've bought a VTS really, only thing letting mine down was that it was slow and had shitty burgundy red paint [emoji40][emoji40][emoji40][emoji40]

9903859546ecd45bfebc4ec50ce7e213.jpg

Mine won't have a stupid price ;)