ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skoda Fabia VRS
So, this is currently for sale as I've lose interest in attending track days this year. I want to progress with my Photography, and also put money aside for travelling next year which means sacrificing the VTS. I should probably link the car in the for sale section on here, it's cheap also.

Any how, the jobs to tackle over the next few weekends are:

Sort out the rust in the engine bay
Refit the O/S wing and have it resprayed
Swap my current alternator with a previously recon'ed unit
Tidy up the VT kit

Here's a couple of pictures of the rust, which I now realise, you cannot Photograph without it looking tremendously bad. Honestly it's nothing major, just surface rust, however it needs tackling. If anyone has any tips on steps to take, please fire away. For the time being I'll be sanding/wire brushing back the area more than likely, and I believe there is a 'Karust' treatment to use? I'm probably jumping steps, or stating the product wrong, but it won't be attempted before finding a working method, not simply sanding and respraying.

32384170576_c49475d492_c.jpg

32384175506_2d5edf6d60_c.jpg

Top Photo is near the ECU, and the lower Photo is just right of the Battery tray. These are the only two main infected parts on a 20 year old VTS, remarkable!

Megane r26
So, this is currently for sale as I've lose interest in attending track days this year. I want to progress with my Photography, and also put money aside for travelling next year which means sacrificing the VTS. I should probably link the car in the for sale section on here, it's cheap also.

Any how, the jobs to tackle over the next few weekends are:

Sort out the rust in the engine bay
Refit the O/S wing and have it resprayed
Swap my current alternator with a previously recon'ed unit
Tidy up the VT kit

Here's a couple of pictures of the rust, which I now realise, you cannot Photograph without it looking tremendously bad. Honestly it's nothing major, just surface rust, however it needs tackling. If anyone has any tips on steps to take, please fire away. For the time being I'll be sanding/wire brushing back the area more than likely, and I believe there is a 'Karust' treatment to use? I'm probably jumping steps, or stating the product wrong, but it won't be attempted before finding a working method, not simply sanding and respraying.

32384170576_c49475d492_c.jpg

32384175506_2d5edf6d60_c.jpg

Top Photo is near the ECU, and the lower Photo is just right of the Battery tray. These are the only two main infected parts on a 20 year old VTS, remarkable!

Yeah wire wheel and sand then like you said treat it with krust from Halfords (is available at other stores)

Then mask up and paint again, should see it good for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megane r26
She's being stripped for parts now, too many messers and lets be honest, it's worth more in parts.

Shame mate but sad reality, I gave up advertising on Facebook and forums full of dreamers

3 days on eBay mine was sold for asking price, I had one forum member try and low ball me by nearly a grand lol

Skoda Fabia VRS
Shame mate but sad reality, I gave up advertising on Facebook and forums full of dreamers

3 days on eBay mine was sold for asking price, I had one forum member try and low ball me by nearly a grand lol

I hope you sent them a picture of the cash when it sold 😂

Facebook is doing okay for the parts, a few local lads want bits which helps. Quite a few low balling me and wanting postage though, cretins.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I hate low ballers and then i can't help but low ball others:

Shame it's getting broken but understand the reasoning.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Well, it's looking completely different now!

Engine/Box and shafts removed
Brakes removed
Front legs removed
Wiring loom removed

She's up on stands awaiting the Axle to come off next week with more bits, it is looking bare!
I'll grab some pics tomorrow to show how sad she looks.

106 gti

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Anyone know what the map sensor is for Wayne to map a single plug ecu for boost

There's a couple of different ones that work, cant remember if they need driver's or not, but Wayne knows.
One of mine runs a Mini cooper S map sensor and the other runs a cosworth 3 bar. Both have different connectors based on which loom you have. The cooper s one is only a bar above atmospheric as well ( I think) so not good for mega boosts!
The cooper s, is the same as an Astra vxr one, I think too.

106 gti
There's a couple of different ones that work, cant remember if they need driver's or not, but Wayne knows.
One of mine runs a Mini cooper S map sensor and the other runs a cosworth 3 bar. Both have different connectors based on which loom you have. The cooper s one is only a bar above atmospheric as well ( I think) so not good for mega boosts!
The cooper s, is the same as an Astra vxr one, I think too.
Ok mate thank you I did ask him if it was a Cooper s one but he said no it’s off an mg zr rover turbo diesel from the 90s!? Does that ring any bells, am majorly stuck and don’t really want to spend over a thousand pounds for a standalone when I only want to run about 220/230bhp no major boost atall just a low boost... thanks Josh

106 gti
Ok mate thank you I did ask him if it was a Cooper s one but he said no it’s off an mg zr rover turbo diesel from the 90s!? Does that ring any bells, am majorly stuck and don’t really want to spend over a thousand pounds for a standalone when I only want to run about 220/230bhp no major boost atall just a low boost... thanks Josh
Mines a single plug ph1 gti

106 gti
Was yours a single plug??

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects

What's the build etc? Is there a rush?

I've seen all sorts used, doesn't matter what it's from as long as it works.
Cooper s ones are a tenner off eBay. I have a spare if you need one quickly.

220 is borderline low boost! What turbo?!
PM if you want.

106 gti
What's the build etc? Is there a rush?

I've seen all sorts used, doesn't matter what it's from as long as it works.
Cooper s ones are a tenner off eBay. I have a spare if you need one quickly.

220 is borderline low boost! What turbo?!
PM if you want.
Ok thank you mate,my number is 07495895464, or Josh Buck on Facebook give me a text or a message if possible you seem like the man to speak too!! Thanks