ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Clio Door Cards

340bhp s14a, Clio2 1.4 8v
Hi,
I'm new on here :)
Just bought a little mk2 clio 1.4 8v sport with the bubble lights as petrol on my other car was crippling me. Got a few niggly problems though. I'm having a good search of the forum as i don't want to clutter it with a load of problems that have been discussed time and time again.
This one i can't find an answer to:
Now the door cards in it aren't great really, passenger side has the door handle cracked and the pull handle has cracked too from what looks like somebody being a bit forceful trying to remove it.
I'm not too keen on where the electric window buttons are too so i'm thinking about changing the whole door card. I have noticed that there seems to be a few different types of door cards in clios.
Are these interchangeable? cause i like the one with the electric window switches by the door pull. Not just above the speaker grill where they are now. Would the electrical plugs on the electric window switch be the same or different? (not a problem if they are different)
It also doesn't have electric wing mirrors which i would imagine would change the electrical plug to accomodate the door mirror control.

Thanks

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
hi mate, yes, you can use any door cards, i've had 3 types in mine! (its a mk2 ph1, "bubble" lights) the newer style (ph2) with switches in the door pull are the same as the ph1 172 cards (in style, not in materials.). the switches from later models don't fit, as they use one single connector to the switches instead of one per switch, but the ph1 grab handles use the same switches, just in a different location. the mirrors switch is inconsequential if you dont have it.
try lookin on ebay for a 172 interior (blue leather and colour renaultsport trim), or if you dont wanna splash the cash, just look for the cards, and source some ph1 handles. bear in mind anything thats not ph1 will have different colour plastic and the trim is a nightmare to remove and swap, it's sealed in.
hope that helps!