ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph1 minor plans

1999 Clio 1.2 RN
This is my first car on the road. It aint much but a good start none the less:D haha! Thought i would show the start of this wee project.

got very little money to spend on this, but its gonna be fun anyway!

This is is just after I sorted rust bulges round the arches - wee bit of colour coding on the side strip. Sorry about rubbish quality!
Clio1-resize.jpg

Got some 2007 clio dynamique 16inch alloys - 195 45 16's
Clio3-resize.jpg

Looking to get it lowered next. Anyone got suggestions? Cant afford coilovers tho unless i wait ages :(

a low one
get some dual optic headlights and HID's and slam it! get some rokkor coilovers for £170 off ebay.

good base to start with, not so sure on the wheels though!

1999 Clio 1.2 RN
get some dual optic headlights and HID's and slam it! get some rokkor coilovers for £170 off ebay.

good base to start with, not so sure on the wheels though!

Yeah the wheels were £140 with all mint tyres, looked one hell of alot better than the trims! Dam heavy tho! :/
Would have been well up for some 16" 172 alloys, but couldnt find any up near where i live! Ach well at least they are different :D

You think rokkor coilovers would fit alright or would i need to look at getting the right bolt spacing sorted? they sound like a wise choice! if not 60mm

a low one
youll have to measure your bolt spacing on the bottom of your strut ( centre of bolt to centre of bolt ) and that will tell you wether its 52mm or 58mm i think!

rokkors come in only 58mm iirc and people say ph1 non sports arnt that measurement but mine was ... so just measure and find out!

1999 Clio 1.2 RN
Cannot be assed measuring that, just gonna bin the project..

LOL jk will do, cant wait to get it PANNED!

Bad news, battery keeps dying after winter, when i jump start it is revs high to like 2800 rpm by itself, dont know if thats it just trying to keep itself going or not. Hopefully just needs a good run! Maybe a new alternator...will see

a low one
the cars are slow so they need to go low!!

might just be a dodgey battery, local motor factors or garages do free checks normally so just get it checked. abut £50 for a new battery