ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk4 Clio DCI enhancement

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@sabian92 has been asking me to do his car for a while and the weather just got good enough to crack on last weekend. I got burnt to hell working in the sun on Saturday!

On first inspection it wasn't that bad, dusty with some mud here and there and a fair bit of tar but nothing too bad.

image.jpeg

Dirt and tar
image.jpeg

Light swirls
image.jpeg

More dirt and swirls
image.jpeg

So I cracked on, rinsed the car and went around all the nooks and crannies with citrus power to free up any dirt hidden away
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Rinsed all that off and washed the car with chemical guys maxi suds. I bought this purely because it was grape scented. I was pleasantly surprised at the foaminess and how lubey it was.

After that I got the tar off with tardis

image.jpeg

Mmmmm
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Rinsed and then iron x'd

image.jpeg

More to follow

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Dried and inspected

The swirls were a bit more noticeable with the muck off

image.jpeg

But the car was looking better already

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Andrew wanted car pro essence applying as he was happy with it from when @aucky did his twingo. So I tried it out with a cutting pad.

After a bit of playing around I got it to cut alright with a foam cutting pad. A microfibre one has been ordered for next time.

A quick play on the passenger side of the bonnet

image.jpeg

Vs the undone drivers side.
image.jpeg

I said 'play' because I couldn't get it to fill/cut in one pass like on the videos you'll see online so I had to work it almost like a polish to get it to work to my liking.

After I was happy with the technique, I taped up the car to crack on with the rest of the panels. "Work with the sun to see the correction" I thought. what a stupid idea that was lol. My poor arms and face.

image.jpeg

The wing after essence, I love working on metallics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
More work in progress shots

image.jpeg

Not 100% correction, but much better
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I reduced the visible damage on this nasty scuff with some cutting compound on a cutting pad
image.jpeg

Obviously not perfect but still better, if Andrew gets some touch up paint, I'll fill this in and sand it back for him to further get rid of the damage.
image.jpeg

Back onto essence. Mmmm
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

These black bits were so rewarding
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Such reflection
image.jpeg

Reactions: Gus

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The deeper swirls were still visible after working essence, hopefully once I get the microfibre pad it'll Fill and cut better for quicker correction/
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

After the polishing was done I gave the car a couple of coats of reload, thanks @aucky for the bottle!

And moved onto the trim, ipa wipes\down followed by an revive
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 74

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Very clean. I do love a good metallic colour. How many hours did this take you?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That's ace! I love seeing stuff like this. Really makes me want to get my da on mine, hopefully this weekend!
If you ever do use some touchup paint on that rear bumper, would you be able to show the steps you go through please? I have a scraped front bumper, and im hoping to get it somewhat more presentable with touchup paint and a cut with the DA. Although it is pretty bad.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Looks alright I suppose mate 😂
No it looks great really good
Satisfied with that beading!!

Lol cheers. It was ace. I was a bit sad just watching it haha

Very clean. I do love a good metallic colour. How many hours did this take you?

Cheers :D just shy of ten hours

That's ace! I love seeing stuff like this. Really makes me want to get my da on mine, hopefully this weekend!
If you ever do use some touchup paint on that rear bumper, would you be able to show the steps you go through please? I have a scraped front bumper, and im hoping to get it somewhat more presentable with touchup paint and a cut with the DA. Although it is pretty bad.

Reading the write ups back makes it really rewarding, it's a bit of graft which I hate the idea of but I do love the end result. I will do mine this year haha!

If I've got some pictures to make a coherant guide on my phone I'll pm you later on and try and talk you through painting and sanding

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Reading the write ups back makes it really rewarding, it's a bit of graft which I hate the idea of but I do love the end result. I will do mine this year haha!

If I've got some pictures to make a coherant guide on my phone I'll pm you later on and try and talk you through painting and sanding

Thanks mate, I'd really appreciate that.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Scrubs up well for an abused pizza delivery mule doesn't it? :up: :smile:

Anybody who's thought about having this sort of semi-permanent coating stuff doing but umm'd and ahh'd, it's worth having done especially if you do a lot of miles. It does need to cure though, so doing it in weather so cold the snow foam froze to the car is a bad idea... :smile: Sorry @aucky :anguished:

This is what the Twingo looked like FWIW: before it needed a new turbo, 2 new door speakers, head unit and a boot release at 12 weeks old....!

2gupfvI.jpg