ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot Fail ....... decisions 172 Cup

Right , broken spring and a track rod end need sorting , so its going to get tucked up in the workshop this weekend for me to sort .

Mrs has said the brakes don't feel fantastic for a while ,and she has a point and the discs look very ropey ..... so

Springs

I guess Eibach Prolines would be a fair place to start , genuine renault front pair are the same price but i don't want a harsh ride as this will be a daily driver.

Brakes , Hi-Carbon brembo fronts , genuine Renault standard rear discs , ds2500's all round , fresh fluid

will chuck cabin filter , and a free flow panel in (it has a ktec quiet stealth so no doubt i'll gain another 10bhp ...... Kidding !! )

its coming up for 60k , and plugs were last changed at 39k about 4 years ago , worth a set of plugs ........ ?

then going to run it into the dealer for an oil change and service stamp .

Tyres , now it has PE's on , the rears are starting to perish a bit , fronts need changing , so going to throw 4 at it , whats as close to PE's in 195 45 16 ........ don't want to go 205 its a cup and had 195's and i think the 195's will have a better feel .......

thinking uniroyal rainsports , potenza re050's , or mich sport pilots? .... anything i have forgotten ?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
That lot will freshen it up nicely

I preferred the 195 tyres aswel. I really rate the PE2s if you can still get them in that size or Contisport contacts are very good aswel

Gearbox oil if it hasn't been done for a bit while you're at it

zero nero's are a bit hard normally ...and hence i personally don't like them

good call on gearbox oil , i usually run redline synthetic in the past but not stuck any in a clio box ...... any recommendations