ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT query

172 Cup
Booking my MOT for next monday, Im Insured on my car but It wont be taxed or MOT'd obviously, Am I still ok to drive it myself to a pre-booked MOT appointment? Did a few searches and it goes round in circles with people saying yes and people saying no, anyone clear this up for me?

​Cheers

172 Cup
Awesome cheers! Would you define conformation, as a txt message as proof? As its my mates cousins place thats doing it? Im going to give the garage my number plate etc just incase

172 Cup
As long as it is pre booked and you take a direct route then yes you can.

Yeah sweet, yeah its going to be pre booked and Ill be going the most direct route

I guess suffice proof would be that if you got pulled, they could call the place where you're having the MOT done and acquire confirmation.

Awesome, yeah Ill make sure I have all the details and things to hand before I set off

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Driving an untaxed vehicle to an MOT test
You can drive your vehicle to and from a pre-arranged test at an MOT test station as long as you have adequate insurance cover in place for the use of that vehicle.
This is also for vehicles being driven to and from a pre-arranged test at a Vehicle Inspection Check (VIC) test station, an approved weight testing station and reduced pollution test.

172 Cup
Driving an untaxed vehicle to an MOT test
You can drive your vehicle to and from a pre-arranged test at an MOT test station as long as you have adequate insurance cover in place for the use of that vehicle.
This is also for vehicles being driven to and from a pre-arranged test at a Vehicle Inspection Check (VIC) test station, an approved weight testing station and reduced pollution test.

Awesome Cheers

RB 200
Yea you can aslong as you go straight there and straight back, if you stop at the shop or whatever & they stop you your screwed. They'd not look for a text as proof they'd just ring the place and ask if you are booked in

172 Cup
Yea you can aslong as you go straight there and straight back, if you stop at the shop or whatever & they stop you your screwed. They'd not look for a text as proof they'd just ring the place and ask if you are booked in

Yeah sweet, best go and fill some jerry cans up tomorrow then so I don't have to stop for fuel en-route