ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Hi i thought i would start a progress thread so here goes, its not much as i only bought the car yesterday but i have ordered a few things.

I picked the clio up yesterday 31/10/12, i did a round trip of exactly 250 miles to find the right one, and i think it is tbh, it was well worth the journey.
I gave it its 1st clean today, clayed, polished and waxed, all trims treated, windows cleaned, engine bay, interior, everything i could clean on the car tbh lol.

Heres a few pics of how it stands at the moment...

CAM00127.jpg

CAM00122.jpg

CAM00121.jpg

CAM00119.jpg

CAM00128.jpg

CAM00135.jpg

MOD 1... induction kit(not everyones cup of tea but i love the roar...

CAM00132.jpg

Ive already ordered...

numberplate surrounds
wind deflectors
front splitter
silverteks
numberplate leds
bright sidelights
40ml lowering springs
sunstrip

Thanks for looking :)

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Re: ArcticClio182...progress..

Looks like your starting from the exact place I will be this weekend, even the same colour as mine! Good start though dude, not a fan of plate surrounds or sunstrips but I'll keep a eye on this thread. :)

RB Clio 182

Thanks mate, i had plate surrounds on my corsa burg and i thought they looked nice, ill see what the sunstrip looks like when it arrives, ill take it off if im not too keen, thanks again:)

The car has only done 48k too, it runs really well, full service history, both keys etc, its a bargain tbh, i prefere it to my 20k plus burg lol, the wheel could do with a refurb, ill be gettin that done after xmas tho.

Last edited:
  BG 182 FF

Looks nice and clean mate, plans sound good don't know about the sun strip but all the rest sounds about right

RB Clio 182

Looks nice and clean mate, plans sound good don't know about the sun strip but all the rest sounds about right

Thanks mate, i know what you mean about the sunstrip but i like the windscreen to look smaller lol, im not going to leave it massive, just a small one, if i dont like it ill rag it off, it was only a few quid :)

looks very tidy mate. good colour choice ;)

Thanks mate and yes, i love the colour, its come up lovely tbh, its darker than it is in the pics but i only have a camera phone.

Its abit like my old arden vxr but a touch darker, i prefere it tbh its a very nice colour.

I was torn between arctic blue or black, but i didnt drop on a tidy black one and this one came up, im glad now :)

RB Clio 182

My 2nd mod arrived this morning...

40ml apex lowering spring...

CAM00138.jpg

CAM00139.jpg

If anyone want to earn abit of pocket my today and fit my springs for me that would be much appreciated, pm me to let me know, im near pontefract :)

Thanks.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

oh god not apex!!! terrible terrible springs, crashy as hell and ruined the ride on my 172 :(

very nice looking car though, lovely clean example :)

RB Clio 182

oh god not apex!!! terrible terrible springs, crashy as hell and ruined the ride on my 172 :(

very nice looking car though, lovely clean example :)

I know ive heared they are crashy mate but i love the low look they give, ill try them and if i dont like them ill change them to eibachs :)

..and thanks mate ;)

RB Clio 182

Ive just fitted the sunstrip but it didnt suit the clio as the windscreens so small so i ve taken it off.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

i'll give you that, my 172 did look the part on them, but I just couldn't cope with the ride quality, literally anything other than a totally smooth A road was a nightmare, all B road blasting fun was just a no no :(

RB Clio 182

i'll give you that, my 172 did look the part on them, but I just couldn't cope with the ride quality, literally anything other than a totally smooth A road was a nightmare, all B road blasting fun was just a no no :(

Oooh dear, ill have them fitted and see how i feel with them, if i dont like them they will get sold, thanks again mate ;)

RB Clio 182

Another parcel arrived this afternoon...

front splitter...

CAM00142.jpg

CAM00143.jpg

Fitted, ill get a better pic up tomorrow, my phone hasnt got a flash...

CAM00148.jpg

Thanks.

RB Clio 182

I had my apax springs fitted today by a lad called andy, he is a member on here under the user name lil_slugger and he has his own unit in horbury, hes really nice lad and did the job for a very good price, thanks mate, i will deffinately be coming back and i would recommend him to anyone on here that needs anything doing, just give him a pm.

They arnt stupidly low but look nice and the ride isnt crashy at all which some people have said...

CAM00163.jpg

CAM00162.jpg

When i got home i had another parcel waiting for me...
CAM00151.jpg

CAM00152.jpg

Fitted...
CAM00154.jpg

CAM00155.jpg

CAM00157.jpg

... also a pic of the front splitter, the car is really dirty again so ill get some better pics up when its clean...

CAM00153.jpg

More to come...

Tom :)

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S

I really like those numberplate surrounds that's a nice touch.

:)

BG 182 FF

Looks good mate, springs will probably settle lower my Eibachs got lower after a few weeks, splitter makes a big difference, keep the progress up.

RB Clio 182

I really like those numberplate surrounds that's a nice touch.

:)

Thanks pal ;)

Looks good mate, springs will probably settle lower my Eibachs got lower after a few weeks, splitter makes a big difference, keep the progress up.

Yes i love the splitter, also my springs have settled loads today, they are much lower than on the pics, ill take some pics tomorrow if i get time to clean it :)

The pics were took about 40 mins after the springs were fitted, so they needed to settle abit, they are much lower as i said now :)

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

nice car! number plate surrounds are different but not to my taste. apex give a good stance but honestly ( i have had them) kill the handling imo and well the whole point of a renaultsport clio is the err handling :eek: still everyone's different

RB Clio 182

A few pics today after a clean, nothing special, its just showing how my springs are settling in after only 1 day :) ...

CAM00172.jpg

CAM00173.jpg

CAM00176.jpg

CAM00178.jpg

CAM00179.jpg

CAM00180.jpg

CAM00193.jpg

A quick comparison...

before...

CAM00121.jpg

after...

CAM00180.jpg

Im really happy with the stance now the springs have settled a little, thanks for looking.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

Sits real nice now mate, the difference the drop makes visually is amazing.

RB Clio 182

Sits real nice now mate, the difference the drop makes visually is amazing.

Thanks mate, it doesnt feel different to standard ride height tbh to me, maybe a touch harder but deffinately not crashy at all imo.

Thanks again :)

RB Clio 182

A couple more small parcels arrived this morning.

The dog likes parcels too! :( ...

CAM00202.jpg

numberplate led...

CAM00205.jpg

fitted... ill getter a better pic when its dark but you can see its already brighter...

CAM00207.jpg

2nd delivery...

CAM00201.jpg

Silvertec indicators all round...

CAM00203.jpg

fitted...

CAM00208.jpg

CAM00209.jpg

CAM00210.jpg

CAM00211.jpg

Thanks for looking, more to come :)

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF

Loving this! I have a 04 Plate arctic 182 and it looks just like it! I need to get myself some of those awesome number plate surrounds! eBay job?

RB Clio 182

Waiting for my wind deflectors and sidelight bulbs to come, im also wanting to order some highbeam/fullbeam brighter bulbs, the ones when you have them on and the blue light comes on your dash, also im wanting to know what fitments are the foglight bulb so i can order now lol.

Im getting my wheels refurbished next month sometime hopefully, maybe just after xmas, then im not sure what else.

You any ideas?

Audi A5

Sound like you like Your bulbs ;)

Not sure really mate depends what direction you want to go with it, looks wise you've pretty much done all the little touches, have you considered a 3/4 plate?

RB Clio 182

Sound like you like Your bulbs ;)

Not sure really mate depends what direction you want to go with it, looks wise you've pretty much the little touches, have you considered a 3/4 plate?

No i havnt mate, im keeping the plate size standard as ive just bought the surrounds lol. I might have cosidered this otherwise lol.

Im thinking about changing the badge on the back to the newer one tho.

Is it just the clio that has holes behind it, or has the renault sport got holes behind too?

Audi A5

No just the clio badge that has a hole behind it. I'm thinking of getting a 250 rs badge for mine but dont know if i could hand over £40 for it lol.

RB Clio 182

Ordered some bright fullbeam bulbs, some bright foglight bulbs and some renault caliper decals as im painting the calipers tomorrow

pics to follow.

RB Clio 182

Im not painting the calipers today as the weathers too bad, unless it clears up late.

I have just ordered some pressed plates.

RB Clio 182

Ive been quite busy today, ive painted my callipers red which have made a big improvement, although the braking is 5h!te so i will be upgrading soon...

CAM00215.jpg

CAM00218.jpg

CAM00222.jpg

CAM00223.jpg

Then later on in the afternoon my renault caliper decals arived which finish them off nicely imo...

CAM00225.jpg

CAM00226.jpg

CAM00230.jpg

Then i had another small delivery...

CAM00234.jpg

Led sidelights...

CAM00235.jpg

Fitted...

lf.jpg

sdkjcfh.jpg

Thanks for looking, more to come ;)

Vectra

Looks a lot better, what brakes you thinking of upgrading to?

RB Clio 182

Looks a lot better, what brakes you thinking of upgrading to?

Thanks mate, i dont know tbh, are the 200 brakes an easy conversion?

Im not sure what people change to tbh, K-sports etc, any info would be great mate thanks ;)

ArcticClio182...progress..

Looks good mate, like the commitment to the project!

With regards to the brakes, what are you running at the moment? As it might be worth upgrading the standard set up rather than uprated calipers :)

RB Clio 182

Looks good mate, like the commitment to the project!

With regards to the brakes, what are you running at the moment? As it might be worth upgrading the standard set up rather than uprated calipers :)

Hi mate and thank you :)

Im not sure what pads they are tbh but they deffinately need changing, i only bought the car a week ago and i think they are standard, could you recommend me any good stopping power pads?

These are a little worn but they seriously dont stop mate, they are terrible tbh, the previous owner might have put cheap and nastys on for all i know :(