ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 Pearl Black Project

clio 172 phase 2
Re: my clio 172 winter project ( nearly finished )

Whiteline rarb has arrived :)
amaquja7.jpg

Fitted it earlier this evening ! What a diffrence in the corners back end just grips now .

Well worth the cash

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6

Whiteline rarb has arrived :)
amaquja7.jpg

Fitted it earlier this evening ! What a diffrence in the corners back end just grips now .

Well worth the cash

I need one in my life lol

Wheres the cheapest place for 1 dan?

clio 172 phase 2

Second hand pal . Got this for £120 posted . Worth every penny .

Get in touch with dan90 hes got one for sale.

clio 172 phase 2

Will be removing the rubber spacers underneath my recaros 2moro to make them lower to the ground .

Also coolant flush and brake fluid change !

clio 172 phase 2

Few pics from nice weather we have had over the past two days :)

Absolutely loving the clio now :) got it exactly how id like it setup .

yvezyty8.jpg

y2a2u9ep.jpg

Will get pics of the whiteline arb fitted

Also ive gone back too the standard airbox car seems to perform better probally because the k&n cone filter wasnt upto the job should of got a pipercross.

Replaced my throttle pedal also as it was putting my car into limp mode

Loving the clio again :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

That's good to hear mate. I think you get like this every now and again, but give it a good blast and the love come back :)

clio 172 phase 2

Went for a blast today mate round these twisty b roads had a mondeo st up my rear i demolished him on the bends made me grin like a child haha.

Just wanna spend more cash onit now though haha

clio 172 phase 2

Hi mate its was a guy off here cant remember his user is somthing mrso or somthing il look for it now mate !

clio 172 phase 2

I cant find him mate its as if hes been deleted from the site ! Il look through my emails now too see if i can find his email address ! Hes from turkey thats all i know ha ha

clio 172 phase 2

found his email address mate . ive mailed him see if he gets back to me and il pass his address onto you then ok !

clio 172 phase 2
Small update .

Been finding small patches on fluid on the floor recently only to find there growing in size so have come to conclusion my radiator is leaking , so a new one is now required . Which puts a hold on my wheels getting sprayed :/

Fitted a genuine renault air filter yesterday thanks to my mate tom who had one knocking around the one inside the air box was 9 years old .

Bloody clios !

clio 172 phase 2
Made some progress with the rad swap these nice evenings we been having .

Found a rad for the measley sum of £10 from a friend who broke his clio a few weeks back so nice saving there :)

Whilst im changing the rad i thought id change the thermostat and the header tank for fresh new items make the bay look alot cleaner too !

Just waiting for the coolant now from renault which should be here 2moro .

tygu7asa.jpg

u8e7atu7.jpg

Also my camber bolts turned up so i pinched the camber gauge from work to get a rough idea of the camber :)

9u4uvusu.jpg

Will update once shes running back to normal again :)

clio 172 phase 2
Fitted the rad back in today just waiting for header tank and thermostat !

All be done 2moro hopfully !

clio 172 phase 2
u4a7asa8.jpg

Shes running once again :) the new header bottle has made a big diffrence to the look of the bay :)

Runs nice and cool now :)

clio 172 phase 2
Small update :

Been playing with spray paint over the last few days my fuel rail cover was looking tired so tarted it up with the old satin black and a touch of lacquer came
Out pretty well :)
asagy7y8.jpg

py7a5yzu.jpg

dy8ytape.jpg

Also having problem with camber bolts :/

clio 172 phase 2
Was very bored on my day off today so thought id go for one of them random spins :)

Ended up in the black mountain was very wet and slippy so didnt push it but my god even driving tidy i love that road !

Few quick snaps as it was pissing down and freezing :/

ahu5u3up.jpg

neha8u3u.jpg

4eqy5y4a.jpg

udage5em.jpg

narevapy.jpg

Fee things happening in a few days , will adjusting the arb to the hardest setting .
Got some sabelt harnesses on the way

Then in a month or so its goin up for sale .

Ive always wanted a jap turbo charged car so il be on the hunt for a scooby or somthing simular . I love the
Clio but time too move on now :)

clio 172 phase 2
Adjusted up the whiteline arb to the harder setting today , does feel alot tighter than before got alot more confidence init now .

Guna have a play around with my fog surround later id like to put a cold air feed into the hole for my airbox.

Need to get a new splitter also as this skoda one is butchered now .

Guna tidy it up best i can then put her up for sale once back of holiday . Be sad to see it go !

clio 172 phase 2
Went to fetch this lovley motor tonite for my mate ! Licky git .

Owned by a renault mechanic
Full service history
Every receipt kept
Even came with a spare wheel !
Superb paint work
All belts been done
Mot and tax

e2y5a6um.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
Few pics from a quick clean earlier tried out a few new products .

8u7egete.jpg

ajygysez.jpg

ysy2evy4.jpg

vy7ajahu.jpg

eda4urap.jpg

y8ujehag.jpg

Tapatalk app raping the quality :/

clio 172 phase 2
been a bit poor with the updates recently , not much really goin on to be honest ,

ive managed to sort my camber out on the front , some how i already had camber bolts andnbought some more which was a waste managed to sell them only for royal mail to loose them again , so money down on that :/

my mate was kind enough to give me his carbon fibre splitter needed a bit of work , slight sanding down and a good few coats of laquer it has come up new now so well happy with that .

also my fog light surrounds where looking grey and i got fed up of treating them with trim treatment , so a quick going over with satin black they look alot better ,

im on the look out for a recessed exhaust system now somthing like the ktec one as the boom of of the stealth is getting annoying.

need to lower the rear a little more the rake is nice but a bit too much at the front .

my wheels are in need of a refurb pretty bad this will also be done soon cant decided weather to go powedercoat route or just a good spray job , un sure of if should change colour either ive always fancied anthracite but love the white when its clean .

been doing alot of mountain road driving recently and the car is bloody epic on them roads and is set up perfectly for it , my clutch is not liking it so much thats the next big job i think :)

clio 172 phase 2
right a sad update for me :(

the clio has been sold and is awaiting its new owner this week , i have loved every second of owning this car even the spending part ! but now its time to move on as ive just put a deposit down on a facelift civic type r :) always fancied ones so goin to see what its like for a while , i can really see me getting another clio in the future as ive built such a good knowledge of these cars and know how capable they are with a few mods , also there bang for buck is outstanding .

so very sad to see it go but been told its guna be doing alot of track days which i was intending on doing so. so glad its guna get on the track and get used as it should as theres nothing wrong with it what so ever and can imagine it doing well with the current setup .

thanks everyone for the help and tips since owning it :)

will stay on this forum and do a blog of the civic also