ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My F4Rt Clio 200

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Yes!! Love it Dude! Another boosted Clio definitely the way to go!! Perfect! Iv just got a box with an LSD can't wait to get it fitted!what box u running at present?

Absolutely love this car mate, your future plans sound perfect too :approve:

Referring back to Kris's comment below, his now has the R26 box fitted & its totally changed the car, its amazing to drive at 280bhp + the lsd. So you wont be disappointed when you fit one to yours.

Yes!! Love it Dude! Another boosted Clio definitely the way to go!! Perfect! Iv just got a box with an LSD can't wait to get it fitted!what box u running at present?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
how have i just seen this ???

amazing car
amazing colour
amazing spec

i shall be keeping a close eye on this thread

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
I can't see why someone would buy a brand new car then spend so much money changing it :-/
maybe you just have loads if money!!
Anyways never the less what an animal!!
Probably my fav 200!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Bumping a very old thread I know, but I just bought this :cool:

It really is as good as you imagine it would be. I *cannot wait* to get it out on track next year.

20151129_134405457_iOS.jpg

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks everyone :smile:

Having just driven the 182 again for the first time in a week or so I've got to say that it's an interesting contrast.

The 200 feels more grown up, it feels less immediately fun at normal road speeds because it doesn't respond as sharply to the steering or the throttle. When you start to push it though, bloody hell there's something extra there. I'm only just starting to explore it properly, I need some dry roads!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Having just driven the 182 again for the first time in a week or so I've got to say that it's an interesting contrast.

The 200 feels more grown up, it feels less immediately fun at normal road speeds because it doesn't respond as sharply to the steering or the throttle. When you start to push it though, bloody hell there's something extra there. I'm only just starting to explore it properly, I need some dry roads!
epic purchase looks the part!
I'm quite surprized at that given the engine!, that's my opinion of my 197 when jumping in from the Trophy, I thought this would be a different animal!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Once it's on boost it's mental and the ratios mean it stays on boost too when you change up as long as you're pressing on, but it doesn't have that instant NA throttle response you get from the earlier cars.

I'm really looking forward to getting under the skin of the 200, I've only scratched the surface, it needs a track day :)

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
First track day was a bit of a mixed bag, I've currently got a failed ABS sensor which meant all the driver aids were offline. I wasn't able to get it fixed before the TD so that wasn't exactly ideal first time out in an unfamiliar car on a very cold and greasy Silverstone. I kept it pointing the right way and gradually built my confidence through the day. In retrospect I really should have gone to a track I knew well for the first shakedown run in it, but hey, live and learn.

Good news is that the car is superb, you can really feel what it's doing and it's light years ahead of my 182 in terms of being able to play with the balance through the corner using the throttle. It's a proper grin and at the moment it's much better than I am, I need more time with it to build confidence and experience.

The main problem was the day itself. I was doing my best to learn the course and improve my lines but there were just too many wannabe (and actual) racing drivers chasing lap times and being needlessly aggressive - I always let cars that come up behind me through on the next straight but it's hard to concentrate on your cornering when you've got arrogant muppets in race cars jinking around in your mirrors through the braking zone. Far too many cars out on track at one time too, it's a short circuit and the traffic was the worst I've ever known. Came away feeling pretty down TBH, should have been a great day but because of that it really wasn't. :(

Another niggle showed up twice, reduced performance and a fault code that the motorised throttle unit performance was either degraded or the position disagreed. Thankfully I bought a code reader so it was just a case of clearing the code and carrying on. I think this is the throttle body playing up so most likely it is just gunked up and needs a clean. Worst case is a new one and they're not that expensive so no big deal. I'll get that sorted in the next few weeks.

Other jobs are to bin the current tyres, two are now absolutely finished and the other two are down to 4mm so I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a new set. They're Nankang NS-2R's so I was quite interested to see how they held up and they are definitely good. They didn't overheat, gave plenty of feedback, they were just a bit short on outright grip and the brakes are way ahead of what the tyres can cope with. To be fair that's not the tyre's fault, they're the harder street (180) compound not the track (120) compound so given that they did a good job. Since it's purely a track day/weekend car I'm going to go for something a bit more focused, not quite sure what yet.

Overall I'm really happy with the car, couple of niggles to sort and a new set of boots and I'm hopeful for a really good 2016 in it. Also, and I know it shouldn't matter........
20160130_130828567_iOS.jpg

........... it looks the absolute nuts :D

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Quick update - with the shitty weather and the ABS issue the 200 has been mostly hibernating in the garage hooked up to the CTEK.

It's been up to my mechanic to get the ABS fixed and the bad news is that it's not the sensor, it looks like the ABS loom has failed. Apparently that's not uncommon, but Renault want a truly ridiculous amount of money for a bundle of wires (£450+) so it's going back in to my mechanic in a week or two so he can trace the loom through and fix the break. Not a big deal really, you need to turn the driver aids off for the diff to work properly anyway :)

The throttle has been absolutely fine since the TB was cleaned, it might just be the placebo effect but the car seems to feel more urgent and responsive since it was done so it seems to have done some good.

I've had the tyres done and gone for something more usually seen on *slightly* more expensive cars - PSC2's. From the reviews I've found they grip better and last longer than the 888 so they've got to be worth a punt. Also, I know it's really shallow and a bit tragic, but I think they look great :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I had to give them a decent running in test and I've got to say even on the road they're night and day better than the NS2-R, but then you'd hope so given they're not far off twice the price. The real test will be how they do on track, so hopefully I'll find that out soon enough.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I bet this is hilarious on Renaultsport track days.

When 80% of the cars are Meganes, but they get caught by a normal looking Clio 200 thinking "wtf?"

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Good news - my mechanic got to the bottom of the issue with the ABS. The loom had been heat damaged over time by the extra heat caused by the turbo, so he's replaced the wiring with a longer run and re-routed it so it'll never be a problem again.

I've also fitted some padding to the roll cage around the head area (proper Safety Dynamics padding, not cheap rubbish) as it was a bit too easy to hit my helmet on the cage on track.

Time to get out on track again. I think I'll do Bedford GT again as I know it well now and it'll give me a good benchmark as to how well the car suits me and how the new tyres are working.