ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My F4Rt Clio 200

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Looking nice and clean there mate!

Thanks, it was, and now it isn't any more :D

The roads are minging at the moment.....

lovely car, and glad to see you use it as well :smile:

Cheers :) I've decided to use it a bit more actually, I'm going to make sure it gets used at least one day a week even if that means commuting in it, I think that's better for cars than leaving them sat in the garage. Ok, Ok, it's a thinly veiled excuse to just drive the thing more often......

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks, it was, and now it isn't any more :smiley:

The roads are minging at the moment.....

Cheers :smile: I've decided to use it a bit more actually, I'm going to make sure it gets used at least one day a week even if that means commuting in it, I think that's better for cars than leaving them sat in the garage. Ok, Ok, it's a thinly veiled excuse to just drive the thing more often......
Yeah tell me about it! Mine was immaculate after I washed and polished it on Christmas Eve. Went out in on Tuesday as the forecast was no rain - and I got caught in the rain! Was not happy! Lol!

I don't drive mine all that often and it spends its days sat in the garage, but, when I do use it I'm reminded of just how much fun it is! Even at this time of the year!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Good news!

Clean bill of health on the MoT, two minor advisories (one missing bolt on the cat fixing and slight play in one of the lower swivel ball joints in the front suspension) both of which I'm having fixed. Luckily you can now get the lower swivel joint separately from the hub so I don't have to fork out for a whole new hub from Renault.

Apart from the MoT my mechanic has given it a good going over and it doesn't need anything else. It only did 2000 miles last year, I need to use it more!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I love this car and have had a huge amount of fun in it, but tomorrow it goes to it's new owner.

It's staying on the forum, which is great, so I'll let the new owner say as much or as little about it as they want to.

What's next? I was very keen on the Focus RS Mk2, but to me the prices feel like they're in a bubble at the moment, there is tons of supply but nothing is selling. I'm off to see an E46 M3 tomorrow, same sort of performance as the Clio but delivered very differently, solid/rising values, potentially big maintenance bills and a lot heavier than the Clio, so pluses and minuses. Who knows, maybe that will be my next move.

Whatever happens I'll miss this car and have a niggling feeling it'll join the list of "why did I sell that?!" cars, but it seems like the right thing to do at the moment.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Today was quite the day, talk about everything falling into place!

I genuinely was not expecting to have this on my drive tonight, but sometimes the stars just align perfectly......

IMG_0933.JPG

Oh YEAH :smiley:

Last edited:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
A very worthy replacement buddy :)

And yes can't believe how it fell together for us both :)