ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Fake 2.0 & Proud of it

Golf GTD

I like the front bumper, but as has been said it needs lowering badly.

Oh, and you should be proud to be in the 1.2 club like the rest of us! :p Im not a fan of labeling cars what they arent.

megane coupe F7R

Looks alright mate. Needs lowering a tad though. f**k what everyone else thinks. They jus cant hack it that a 172/182 looks too much like a standard 1.2 anyway. lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

cant undersatnd why ud put 2.0 badges on!!! Jus to get tanked by a 1.4 MG ZR! Imagine what theyd say, Puts a fairly bad name to the 172! Why not jus paint the 16v badges silver!!!!

Apart from that the car looks spot on, Lowering aside.

Not a Clio

why stop there with 2.0 badges? Why not stick a Lotus badge on the back or something?

Badging a car up to look like something it isnt is a bit "chav" IMO.

Car itself and the kit looks nice though mate :)

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Subway on 29 March 2005

Here are pictures of my Clio 1.2 Dynamique, with 2.0 badges!

Some of the pictures were taken on my phone, you can understand where the bad quality is not that good.

Mods done -

Full Body kit, Front & Side from polland. Havent seen any other clio with this front bumper yet, so at the moment i am the only one! Rear is obviously the 172 mk2.

Fitted a rear carb strut brace, simple little bit of kit and made a difference in handling.

Taking rear seats out, little bit of different but not much. Will need to put them back because my car is mostly full on college days.

Pipercross air intake, just looks good, Doesnt do f**k all.

Uni Max Power air filter, cost me £25 and is held on by duck tape!

Things to do -

I defiantly need to lower it, as you can see. Hopefully get some 40mm springs and find some garage who will not rip me off for fitting.

Hidden exhaust system, depending on money issues.

Few little bits & bobs

Apart from that, i havent got much to do, I will hopefully sell it come november and upgrade to something faster. So i dont want to do to much to it, i will be taking everything off and putting my car back to its orriginal condition. I think i will get more for it as standard, then all modded up.

I will hopefully get some better pictures of the front bumper, cant see it to well. Looks a little like the v6 mk2 front bumper.

Cheers Adam,

Sorry - please please take this off and throw it away.

If it doesnt fit dont use it!

£70 odd quid for a Piper-X induction kit. Will fit direct and look 100 times better. Wont make a blind bit of difference to power though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 30 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Subway on 29 March 2005

Here are pictures of my Clio 1.2 Dynamique, with 2.0 badges!

Some of the pictures were taken on my phone, you can understand where the bad quality is not that good.

Mods done -

Full Body kit, Front & Side from polland. Havent seen any other clio with this front bumper yet, so at the moment i am the only one! Rear is obviously the 172 mk2.

Fitted a rear carb strut brace, simple little bit of kit and made a difference in handling.

Taking rear seats out, little bit of different but not much. Will need to put them back because my car is mostly full on college days.

Pipercross air intake, just looks good, Doesnt do f**k all.

Uni Max Power air filter, cost me £25 and is held on by duck tape!

Things to do -

I defiantly need to lower it, as you can see. Hopefully get some 40mm springs and find some garage who will not rip me off for fitting.

Hidden exhaust system, depending on money issues.

Few little bits & bobs

Apart from that, i havent got much to do, I will hopefully sell it come november and upgrade to something faster. So i dont want to do to much to it, i will be taking everything off and putting my car back to its orriginal condition. I think i will get more for it as standard, then all modded up.

I will hopefully get some better pictures of the front bumper, cant see it to well. Looks a little like the v6 mk2 front bumper.

Cheers Adam,

Sorry - please please take this off and throw it away.

If it doesnt fit dont use it!

£70 odd quid for a Piper-X induction kit. Will fit direct and look 100 times better. Wont make a blind bit of difference to power though.
Then again if its held on with ducktape...It can only be an improvement!!!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

shocker.....no where near a 172!

lose the badges, change the front bumper, lower it, get a decent filter or stick the original back on, oh get some stickers for the sides too, and some blue LEDS!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by _simon_ on 30 March 2005

Does it make the car "sportier"? I just dont see the point :confused:
Nah in all honesty im jus a wannabe!:oops: But i do think they make the bak look nicer...Keepin in mind the Dynamique is a sport model...ish!

I think the badges on the back just clutter the car up, it would look better without the Clio badge and just the Renault diamond in the middle. Balanced and clean..much better.

I agree wholeheartedly with the others, lower it. By a lot if you can afford it, youll have a pretty decent car on your hands then.

-Rob

i wanna know why everone keeps saying ur going to get whipped by a saxo and stuff, cos racing on the roads is stupid and should be kept for the track only, plus u could lose ur licence and ur car so wot the point,

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 30 March 2005

I think the badges on the back just clutter the car up, it would look better without the Clio badge and just the Renault diamond in the middle. Balanced and clean..much better.

I agree wholeheartedly with the others, lower it. By a lot if you can afford it, youll have a pretty decent car on your hands then.

-Rob
Us Mk 2 phase 1s dont have the diamond in the middle, we have Renault on the left hand side of the boot lid which balances out the Clio badge on the right

who cares, hes brought them and know has to put them on or it is a waste of money. any way had a little race with a 2.0 sport with my clio 1.2 dyn and he made me eat it dust. :cool:

Yaris Hybrid

I dont see a problem with this car.

At the end of the day cars that we like to give a spanking to (Punto GTs, Golf GTis etc) would give a 1.2 such a kicking that they would immediately realise its a fake or assume that the driver wasnt trying.

As for 1.4 Saxos and the like, well they know they cant get close to a 172 so will just assume the driver was playing with them.

Really shoudl ahve spent money on lowering it first rather then making it look liek a 172, or maybe a few power mods to actually try to keep up with a 172, but then i cant talk, got 16v wings and bonnet on my RSi

Engles Mummy

Thanks for all the feedback, good & bad.

For the record, I am not trying to make my Clio look like a 172. I bought the bumper because I have always liked the 172 bumper and there simple isn’t any other decent bumpers out there.

I never new people would get so emotional and distraught about myself putting 2.0 badges on my 1.2 Clio! Its a crime, i should be taken out side and shot lol

As for when people come up to me and ask "How do have a 2 litre at your age" i actually tell them it isn’t, and make a joke about it. I don’t go around telling everyone i have a 2 litre, I like the chrome badges on my car.

Well thanks again for all of your replies, me and my one. 2.0 litre, will see you all soon!

Thanks, Adam