ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Clio RS

Hi guys

So after an extremely long 3 years of persuading and saving the time has come for me to finally go ahead and buy myself an RS.

I had been driving passed one on my way to work everyday and it was always staring at me as I went passed so last Friday I decided to go and have a proper look and a test drive of it. As soon as I set off on that test drive I knew that I had to have it. The big thing for me was the Cup Chassis it has as that was a must for me due to having my company car as my daily.

I'm due to have the car delivered tomorrow but I've already started with the modding by getting myself the LED bulb upgrade all round. I will be keeping you all informed of my progress with the car and hopefully getting some decent photos/drive time over the weekend.

IMG_5428.PNG

I also want to know what other people's experiences are with what mods people feel are best? Everything from wind deflectors to exhaust! Your help will be greatly appreciated but please follow this thread and watch this space!!

Thanks

Tom

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hello and welcome Tom! Very nice car there, love a white cup! Get some pics up when it arrives and enjoy!!

535d / t5 caravelle
Saw a white lowered one yesterday, looked very purposeful

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Do like the look of those white ones, good choice. As it's a weekend car you aren't really limited by practicality, would personally recommend spacers as they hugely improve the look, and some kind of exhaust (can vouch for the Akrapovic but it's pretty damn expensive)

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
No problem, I'm running H&R 25mm spacers all round, no rubbing using stock alloys, some also run 30mm lowering springs and believe you're still alright for rubbing

Thanks for all the comments guys!!

So Friday came and went really quickly! Sorry I've not updated you all yet I've been too busy driving it!! I absolutely love it. It needs a bit of TLC that I am going to enjoy giving it from mats to cleaning it! But here she is...
IMG_5464.JPG
IMG_5467.JPG

So the first step was to change the horrible plates on the car for a couple of nicer ones...
IMG_5497.JPG

Once these were fitted it was time to get out and enjoy the car!!

I have some LED bulbs on order to replace the horrible yellow bulbs and also some new RS mats. The next big step is a full detail tomorrow and a new steering wheel! Any thoughts on how I should have the wheel done?

As always, thanks!

Tom

I'll be honest, I haven't searched the forum but I just thought I'd ask if anyone knows the easiest way to spray/wrap/replace the front and rear badge as mine are in desperate need of replacement.

Thanks