ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Doesn't the PMS feel much harder on roads so I'm led to believe compared to the WhiteLine version??
They do 2 different types mate. The 19mm is the one for road use and the 22mm is the one for the track. Increasing rear roll stiffness will also reduce understeer and help the car turn in. It's also the correct way to do things rather than upping the spring rates.

The whiteline will feel softer because it's nowhere near as effective due to the way it mounts.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
They do 2 different types mate. The 19mm is the one for road use and the 22mm is the one for the track. Increasing rear roll stiffness will also reduce understeer and help the car turn in. It's also the correct way to do things rather than upping the spring rates.

The whiteline will feel softer because it's nowhere near as effective due to the way it mounts.
Sold!! Lol

Think I'll get the shifter sorted 1st as it's been high on the shopping list for a while now tbh, then do rear ARB and top mounts with strut at the same time.

Defo the PMS shifter first, you know you want too :wink:

This is true with the ARB's from what I've seen too but I still went for the Whiteline myself anyway as it suits my needs for what I want out of the car........ Pure Motorsport one could be the way for you tho? Nice bit of kit!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
IMG_3151.JPG
I will have my pms shifter for sale this week all being well if your interested

Bag not included

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I Ann please don't to report that number plate gate is over! My fancyplates one was there for me today when I got home from work and have been out an fitted it.
IMG_2696.JPG

Looks loads better and I went for 520mm x 90mm instead of 85mm so it filled the recess better but still doesn't over hang.
Plus it's looks abit more legal haha I've also used heavy duty Velcro discs to attach it so come mot time I can put the full size plate on.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I Ann please don't to report that number plate gate is over! My fancyplates one was there for me today when I got home from work and have been out an fitted it.
View attachment 196765
Looks loads better and I went for 520mm x 90mm instead of 85mm so it filled the recess better but still doesn't over hang.
Plus it's looks abit more legal haha I've also used heavy duty Velcro discs to attach it so come mot time I can put the full size plate on.

your running a decat lol that plate wont fail a mot if you can pass emissions ;-)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
View attachment 196765

90mm look so much better, I'm just wondering whether to go 90 or 92 haha. How much of the recess is still showing? Got a closer up pic?

Looks great with the intercooler!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I think the recess is a 98mm give or take a nats c**k...
IMG_2698.JPG

I got 2mm gap at the top...
IMG_2699.JPG

So 6mil-ish at the bottom...
IMG_2700.JPG

Personally when I offered up the dodgy proplates one it did look far too small so I think 90mm is bang on the money imo.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Emotional rage inside!!!
Waited 2 bastid weeks for my smaller front plate from proplates.co.uk, today recieved a note from Royal Mail saying I had to pay £3 to get it as postage had not been paid.
Open up the box to find a shocking looking plate.
It looks like they've just trimmed a legal size one down, not happy at all.
Going to get another from fancyplates.com like the top one in the image but spaced correctly.
Middle is new from proplates and bottom is legal size text etc but spaced wrong.
View attachment 194619
Holy s**t, that's f**king awful! I've only just seen this now. I didn't have any problems with the plates through proplates hence me getting that free shipping code to use. Not happy as I had been helpful to them by advertising for them on here. I'll get in touch with them and see what they have to say. Feel really bad for you even though I am not actually affiliated with them in any other way apart from being a customer myself.

31210224002_f5f61c4b2e_c.jpg
DSCN0048 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Last edited:

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Holy s**t, that's f**king awful! I've only just seen this now. I didn't have any problems with the plates through proplates hence me getting that free shipping code to use. Not happy as I had been helpful to them by advertising for them on here. I'll get in touch with them and see what they have to say. Feel really bad for you even though I am not actually affiliated with them in any other way apart from being a customer myself.

31210224002_f5f61c4b2e_c.jpg
DSCN0048 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Cheers, to be fair they did send me out a 2nd plate free after mine had "gone missing" but to not reduce the text size on either!?!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, to be fair they did send me out a 2nd plate free after mine had "gone missing" but to not reduce the text size on either!?!
I just dont understand why they've done that, as i'd had it in writing that they would reduce the size of the font to suit the plates. My understanding was them having the plates pre-cut to the sizes which they then applied the vinyl to.

Did you try get your money back on them? Dispute through paypal as not as described mate

That looks really smart, defo done the right thing getting the 90mm, fills the gap much better. Wouldn't want to go any more than 92 I think

... and yes the cheeky intercooler hiding there does look quite cool :grin:

Looking at the printed spec list for my car quite a lot is missed off (although small stuff)....... I blame Ollie for having a spec list as long as my arm and taking up all the room 😂

I added the extra stuff when I sent the other pictures, all he's done is copy and paste the lists :tongueclosed:

Haha yeah I noticed that! Was quite surprised he left off that I have a Whiteline ARB yet he kept in that you have a genuine tensioner etc. But then saw it was a copy paste 😂 I sent in a bang up to date spec list with my photos. Still all very cool tho, bought my copy! :cool:

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Not much has gone on with the car of late due to work an such but tonight I remedied that by taking it out and giving it some proper abuse on some country back lanes! The car took the punishment well apart from abit of brake fade and some serious smoking from them when we pulled up to turn back on to the main road.
It was surprising to me considering the setup, HC discs an Mintex 1144. I think I'm going to have to change the fluid for something better as I'm running oem fluid which was changed about a year ago when the discs and pads were done. Also give some thought to the brembo set up as an option also.
But the biggest thing I noticed was the gear change and how desperately I need to get a PMS shifter, think it'll be being ordered in the morning.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
just take your time setting it up, I find popping the box in reverse and setting the linkage to that makes it easier

fitting may require exhaust removal or at least splitting from cat/downpipe to allow you to shift it to side

cracking project and car btw, just ready from page 1

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
just take your time setting it up, I find popping the box in reverse and setting the linkage to that makes it easier

fitting may require exhaust removal or at least splitting from cat/downpipe to allow you to shift it to side

cracking project and car btw, just ready from page 1

Thanks for the tips mate, I had read the cat may need dropping out possibly.
Again thanks, it's come a long way in a year this one compared to my old Monaco.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Cat will definately need dropping. Make sure the circlip is in tight (use a socket and a jack to pop push it in), I found it best setting up in 4th with someone holding it in gear in the car and then selecting 4th on the box.