ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182 not running right

Titanium 182 FF
Hey,

Picked up my 182 this afternoon and it was driving fine for an hour or so and then started a misfire whenever I started to put power down. It's now got a really lumpy idle and occasionally pops from the exhaust while idling.

No fault lights have shown.up on dash either.

Any ideas?

Ta

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Funnily enough, the day I picked mine up I got a misfire on the way home, no warning lights same as you. Typical Renaultsport baptism of fire.

Turned out to be injectors on mine. Coil pack is the other usual suspect. Those two are the main two for misfires.

Titanium 182 FF
Thanks guys.

It's going back to the garage on Monday to be sorted. Also noticed while it was on the ramps at Kwik-Fit that the cat needs replacing as it's rotting on the joint!

Titanium 182 FF
IMG_8479.JPG
Ok so I have found these 3 leads under the bonnet. Any ideas what they are and should they be plugged in?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
They look like the plumbing for the acoustic valve, and possibly a fog light too, in which case you don't need them.

Titanium 182 FF
Thanks for the replies.
Cars gone in for a new cat, manifold, Lambda and injectors!
Hopefully that'll sort it :up:

Titanium 182 FF
Jesus I hope you're not paying for all of that!
Thankfully not. Being done under warranty from the garage I got it from.
Noticed when I got the rear tyres changed on Saturday that the cat and manifold were in a real s**t state and needed replacing asap. Then the misfire started and fault code pointed to injector and lambda! Just glad i didn't buy privately as that would have buckled me!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea, and if it's being done under warranty double check they put a proper cat on it.
It was a sports cat when it left the factory, don't let them chuck some piece of s**t eBay special on there.

Titanium 182 FF
Yea, and if it's being done under warranty double check they put a proper cat on it.
It was a sports cat when it left the factory, don't let them chuck some piece of s**t eBay special on there.
I have told them its got to be a like for like replacement and i want the paperwork to prove it.
I was toying with putting a de-cat pipe on it, do you know if its worth it or not? (apart from the MOT failure)

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Mine said Lambda sensor on another misfire I had, changed it and it didn't go away. Turned out to be coil pack that time.

Not sure if the exhaust getting hot from the fuel burning in the exhaust from the misfire could f*ck the Lambda maybe? Because mine was letting out these huge pops and bangs from the excess fuel burning in the exhaust.