ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Chicken Chaser

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No, @craigyt built his from a box of rusty parts and I bought mine from some chav in castleford. There's a few like these on eBay though - potential money maker for Restos as values appear to be on the up.

I'll hopefully build mine into something fun this summer if I find the time.

It's currently:

IMG_6703.JPG

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Considered throwing one of the Chinese package 110's in?

Four gears (although not a rotational box) and then you can ride it as hard as you like. If it goes bang you just throw another one in.

I think I paid under 150 for mine delivered and it's about 30 mins work to fit

Mine has got the 110 head already. If I'm changing the engine I'll go for a 140 or 160cc pit bike engine.

I'll obviously declare that as I'll obviously have to do my full license to ride it then.....obviously.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Mine has got the 110 head already. If I'm changing the engine I'll go for a 140 or 160cc pit bike engine.

I'll obviously declare that as I'll obviously have to do my full license to ride it then.....obviously.

When I was young and stupid (still am), I got caught with a 172cc engine in my 50cc Piaggio, thankfully I didnt get prosecuted other than the bike being impounded!

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
So cool. I've been thinking about a bike based project for over winter/the next year to keep me busy. This does not help at all! Lol

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Love them both.

Gf's Dad is proper handy with bikes so I know he'd help me modify one of these.

Now to convince the gf it's a good idea.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Can you get a PM tuning 59 exhaust for these? They were the go to exhausts when i was into mopeds.

106 rallye
Look amazing. @craigyt have you got a full build thread anywhere? Or even a spreadsheet of stuff?

No not got a build thread or a spread sheet! But i do have a few pics as i went along, its got kepspeed swing arm and forks, kepspeed flat bars and conversion plate, kepspeed exhaust, standard wheels powdercoated black rear and just black rim front. Brand new honda brake shoes with new springs. Mad munk headlight and switch gear, mad munk front brake lever and cable, conti air filter, home made seat, custom fuel tank to relocate the fuel cap to the rear of the seat. Original 1983 leg shields, continental 2.75 whitewalls...

Think thats about it! Il of missed something but its all more or less brand new

Love these, but there are surprisingly few proper build threads.

Some questions if you please!

img_3953-jpg.jpg

Where are the indicators on the green bike?
Whats the difference in the front forks (internal and external springs?)
I assume the green one is a later bike, which is why the side covers are more square, or are the chrome ones aftermarket?
have you ridden one anothers and how do you find the straing/swept bars?
img_3992-jpg.jpg

Love the speedo position on the brown bike, I guess this was a model year thing, or have you relocated it?
Again, I assume the earlier bikes had separate tanks and they were later integral to the frame?
Is the frame narrower on the early ones, or have you spaced the shocks out for some other reason?
How much difference did the extended swing arm make?

also @Rob don't go ruining yours, it's far too nice! Buy a snotter if you're going to cut it up...

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Love these, but there are surprisingly few proper build threads.

Some questions if you please!

img_3953-jpg.jpg

Where are the indicators on the green bike?
Whats the difference in the front forks (internal and external springs?)
I assume the green one is a later bike, which is why the side covers are more square, or are the chrome ones aftermarket?
have you ridden one anothers and how do you find the straing/swept bars?
img_3992-jpg.jpg

Love the speedo position on the brown bike, I guess this was a model year thing, or have you relocated it?
Again, I assume the earlier bikes had separate tanks and they were later integral to the frame?
Is the frame narrower on the early ones, or have you spaced the shocks out for some other reason?
How much difference did the extended swing arm make?

also @Rob don't go ruining yours, it's far too nice! Buy a snotter if you're going to cut it up...

I use hand signals.....

106 rallye
@alistairolsen

Jims should have indicators being a 2002 but mine doesnt need the being a 1983.

Earlier models have the slightly narrower frame and seperate tank, which seem to be a little more desirable.

My forks are modified ones by kepspeed so they are internal and external like you said but also have anti lift pegs so the front doesnt lift when using the front brake.

And the extended swing arm is preference, mine is +4cm, jims is +2cm and they also do a +8cm!! It just makes it a little more stable and a better look, a stretched look