ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

# My Official Diary Of Ownership 2! - Liquid Yellow 182 #

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Il do my best to get to the bank tomorrow, cant promise though, had a shite week so im playing catch up atm :dapprove: and iv got a hellish busy day tomorrow.

Italian 3.2 V6
# UPDATE #

Been a while now so here goes.

So eventually got round to fitting the almighty turinis and repainting the calipers red :D
55d320b5-5931-8b02.jpg

Then to celebrate the following weekend a tiny night meet was organised with a new local member PORTY (in my old 172)
55d320b5-5989-323e.jpg

55d320b5-59a5-2765.jpg

I booked my 1st track day at oulton park with a load of mates!

Then spent some money on parts for the car. I needed a new renault sump gaurd and passenger arch liner which I ordered brand new from Renault £140!!! I also needed/wanted upgraded pads to suit the newly fitted Brembo HC's for the track. A set of new Ferrodo DS2000 came up for sale for £48 delivered which was a bargain against ds2500's which are £110 plus delivary :( the Ds2000's were only 1degree lower so opted for these instead! Why not!?

So when the plastic parts arrived (arch liner n sump gaurd) I asked if mark (Tunst) would fit them for me which he did along with a minor service for the car :)

Then the ds2000 pads arrived
55d320b5-5b4f-1223.jpg

I wanted to learn how to fit pads myself as ino it would come in handy in the future so me and jamie (jamier27) learned alot from this so that was all good fun!

So got all this done and the pads fitted just in time for my 1st track day at oulton park which was bloody brilliant! Loved it! But I am soo glad I updated the brakes as they didn't let me down once! Unlike at FCS2010 and When B-road blasting when they gave loads of fade n no feel. but this time no brake fade etc, they were brilliant! Got a ride in BenG's trophy which was brilliant! Can really tell it has an amazing set up compared to the 182's. Also got a ride in Russ's Clio Cup race car which was an absolute animal! What a car, so quick and can carry soo much speed around the corners! So thanks for the rides guys!

Here are a few snaps from the day
55d320b5-5bf7-22ac.jpg

55d320b5-5c18-ee25.jpg

55d320b5-5c34-7294.jpg

55d320b5-5c6b-0d58.jpg

55d320b5-5c7d-442b.jpg

The apex springs gave good performance on the track with the standard setup. They were alot better than the Prolines I had on before and used at FCS2010 on the track, they seemed to give too much body roll and the apex kept the car alot more stable which was great! As said the brakes were great! Really happy with the braking power of the car now. Only thing I do want is braided lines to give better feel when braking. Also other mods I know I need to improve pace further on the track is better tyres, but more importantly coilovers! if I want to make a habbit of visitng the track this is a must. Simply to be able to carry speed through the corners far better and to improve braking etc ..No more power needed IMO!

If i go down the track route, which I feel I'm going too. I think there is a line to be fun yet practicle and I don't want to over step it! As I want to be able to travel there and back with four seats and to have some
Comfort so interior wouldn't be getting touched. Only mods I feel that are needed to achieve this is better a suspension setup (coilovers and ARB) brakes (braided lines with race fluid and further improved pads and disks once prev ones are worn ie brembo max disks and DS3000's) and finally tyres! (R888's / AD-08's)

But Anyway these are my 1st thoughts since my 1st track day. Will see how things pan out this year ;)

Thanks, Piers.

Last edited by a moderator:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
Car looked good on track, I think the thing you have planned for the car are perfect for what you want from the car. Should be a great combo! Are you going to be getting a different set of wheels for the new tires?

Italian 3.2 V6
Car looked good on track, I think the thing you have planned for the car are perfect for what you want from the car. Should be a great combo! Are you going to be getting a different set of wheels for the new tires?

Thanks, how come you wernt on the track?

Not sure tbh, I wasn't planning to as it's all more money maintaining 2 sets of wheels (refurbing and buying up to 8 tyres) :S i was thinking of going satin black when getting track tyres but still undecided :S

Italian 3.2 V6
Cheers and Yea sure am.

I should of said. The LY182 ran brilliantly all day! Didn't miss a heart beat from the 30ish hard laps done in total from the day and drove back home with ease! Was really happy with how is performed and delivered! :)

Piers.

Italian 3.2 V6
Since I finished work early today and the car was filthy from the track day weekend. I thought it's prime time to give it a good clean!

55d320b5-99fa-5006.jpg

Brake dust FTL! Couldn't get the wheels 100% clean! :( will have to do some major work on them this weekend to get them back up to standards!

Piers.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looks good mate, your track plans sound like mine but il be gettin a recliner bucket and harness, and il fit the harness and remove the rear seats at the track ;)

Who's 197 you bringing on saturday btw?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Ah thought it would be him ;)

Im looking at trophy seats now.. Bens were so comfy and quite supportive at the same time!

Btw your a skinny F*** i got in bens and couldnt get the harness on after ud been in!

M135i and the shed
Absolutely awesome. Love this car.

It looks really well on the Turini's. Just make sure you leave them silver! :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yea really glad I went back to turinis :)

What's disks would suit pads like Ds3000's then?

A high carbon disk like the brembo HC or Max are what you should use with a pad like the DS3000. But the DS3000 pad is just like the Carbone lorraine (CL) or PF97's. Those pads are made from a horriable material which give off loads of dust which bakes its self into paintwork and wheels. Your lovely paintwork will need claying every week if you use a pad like that.

Its a difficult balance between having a decent road car and a track car and my car is a perfect example of that because my 182 was as mint as they come but its a right shed now, a very fast shed tho ;)

Italian 3.2 V6
Pad wise that's bad news :( I wouldn't want to damage the paint work tbh.. Will maby go ds2500's next then as they will still be a slight impovement on the current ds2000's I'm currenty using.

Wheels wise. I want to keep but I want track tyres (R888's/AD-08's) which is expensive in 16" :( ..aarrgghh! only had the turinis for just over a month loool. Might HAVE to buy an extra set for track days.. In either black or White (maby White to be different!) and just buy cheap toyo's for the daily turinis..

Italian 3.2 V6
# UPDATE #

So was off today and didn't have anything to do, so I thought il give the LY182 a proper good clean and wax the baby up. Just a shame the sun wasn't out :(

So spent 2-3hours on the exterior and here are the results.

55d31559-5092-c161.jpg

55d31559-50ac-c9e8.jpg

55d31559-50bf-aaf2.jpg

55d31559-50d2-a163.jpg

55d31559-50e4-532d.jpg

55d31559-5101-3b68.jpg

Wax used was Swissvax (onyx) and I am really really pleased with the finish. s**tty iPhone pics don't do it justice but my 1000D is down ATM so iPhone 3GS was only option :( . I will get some beading pictures up when it rains.

Thanks Piers.

Italian 3.2 V6
# UPDATE #

Hit 50k over the weekend..
52848b16-400c-8c51.jpg

(sorry for poor quality (copy n paste from FB via tapa talk))

..But on a good note, the car has been an absolute dream to drive! No issues or faults whatsoever. Drives beautifuly Givin the 50k. Gearbox etc is like new. I'm even suprised lol! I'm actually in love with the car. It's never let me down. Just shows if u look after a car, it will look after you!

..Oh n had a tiny meet over the weekend also..
52848b16-40b9-a900.jpg

Here is link to thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?566740-Airport-mini-meet.

Piers.

Italian 3.2 V6
Small Update.

bit of sad news, Cars getting sorted for sale this next couple weeks.

Service/MOT/6months tax etc etc...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Dont forget to let me know what day ur dropping it off for MOT..