ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My phase 1 1.6 16v :)

Clio 1.6 16v
Right i Best start this off, stating the atrotious state that the car first arrived in when i bought it!

Initial Car Spec:
Black 1.6 16v
Nasty 17" BK racing alloys (Real Hedge Finders)
Some universal Side skirts
172 Headlights
Dirty K&n air filter(placed to ensure the maximum hot air was intaken lol)
Peco Backbox( The biggest exit ive ever seen on a clio)

Yes i know it was very bad times when i saw the car... being exactly why i bought it to ensure it got its rightful usage and de chavved ensuring the clio fulfils its full potential in life!.

I would like to hope that i have done it some good so far!
Current Car Spec:
15" 172 alloys
BMC CDA- enclosed induction kit
Cold air feed running from fog light area straight up to Induction kit for cold air intake.
Ashley Performance exhaust system (Yet To be fitted)
Apex Lowering Springs 35mm,
Window tints (Seeing as my cars black i went for them i wouldn't any otherwise)
Splitter of some kind (Not sure what one) I thing its from an ibiza

Here is a view of how the car came when i first bought it unfortunately...

photo.JPG
Picture 001.jpgAs you can see the wheels arent doing it no justice. Beneith that is when i went to view the car with its horrible gigantic backbox on it,
But things have moved on from here

050.jpgThe splitter being fitted on (Was in the height of winter when it was snowing so ignore the state of my car!

039.jpgJust a group snap but its the only thing i can show that shows my 172 wheels with the car lowered, Big improvement i am hoping!.

The 35mm springs have done alot for the car in all honesty.

With the 17's on i was lucky not to be off the road at 30, with the new wheels that made it a hell of alot better cornering seemed more safe... but with the lowering springs it kind of feels like your cars keeping it self abit more stiff and upright when you approach a corner making it abit more reassuring.

Some other small modifications:
009.jpgTRS tow strap (Bought off ebay for £10) I have seen other forum members with these, it is currently for show and just held in as in this weather i havent had time to remove the front bumper and bolt it in where the towing eye goes on the front left of the car!

When i get home i will upload some pictures of the car as it is now, Since im at work and just on a lunch break i don't really have any newer pictures of the car leaving a half finished progress thread!

Sorry guys :D

Clio 1.6 16v
looking smart, do you have a picture of the cold air feed from the fog light???
Not at the moment :) when it gets light (tomorrow) i will take one for you, its a 80mm cold air feed straight up to the BMC.

Its quite Nice actually due to the phase 1 has a hole that is perfect for feeding a 80mm cold air feed pipe through it!

And to do with the back box! now you see haha its absolutely horrible, however all shall be well when i get around to fitting the ashley, thats a simple twin 2.5 inch exit i think?

Nice and small but the ashleys have a nice raspy sound to them!

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
that ibiza splitter doesn't look bad at all on a ph1 actually, something different! Those 172 oz's have made car look much better, seems to be going in the right direction!! :)

Clio 1.6 16v
Yeah everybody has differences i guess!

I like more raspy sounding exhausts,

My initial idea was to get the ashley have it decatted, and or get a aftermarker decat manifold.

But trying to find a aftermarket manifold thats not 100000000000000000 pounds for the non renault sport models is hard hard work!

Clio 1.6 16v
that ibiza splitter doesn't look bad at all on a ph1 actually, something different! Those 172 oz's have made car look much better, seems to be going in the right direction!! :)

Why thankyou, You have to go with some things to stand out :) It gives abit more style to the front end of the car i found!

Also before the last owner had bolted it in and made a nice mess of the front bumper so i had to resort to getting a friend to do it properly with a rivet gun, Well not sure if thats classed as properly but it looks a damn site neater than it did before!

Clio 1.6 16v
Right so i have taken a few pictures of some more just small things now and just some general photos of the car :)

008.jpgPressed plates and tow strap!

010.jpgCar in the snow! (Its a tad dirty)

012.jpgSide view of car! window tints and 35mm springs in view!
Yes i know most people dont like tints however with the car being black and my alloys soon to be black or graphite grey it thought i would go for the stealth look.

When i can i will get a picture of the engine bay but in this weather i really dont feel up to it ;)

Enjoy!

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Might just get the road legal ones, less attention I bring to myself the better...!

Ps want a gloss black badge? ;) al do ye a deal of £6 posted :p

Clio 1.6 16v
I honestly have never ever been pulled for my plates, nor my front tints, aslong as you don't drive stupid i dont think they really mind in honesty!

And i would love to say yes to your badge :) but i have a yellow one waiting to go on as my calipers are also going yellow (The tool who had the car before painted them gold with no primer or laquer) so it looks like rust... its horrible!

However when i put this yellow one on if i dont like it and you still have your black one il buy it :)

Clio 1.6 16v
haha they are early january so keep an eye out! ;) ive booked it i just need to pick a colour out of my 2 i have chosen!

Either a gloss black same as the car or a gun metal grey :S

I really cant choose lol

However if i have my calipers yellow and my badges yellow then il stick with black!

Clio 1.6 16v
Yeah i was thinking that. or i was thinking of going stealth so full blown black but having yellow badges and yellow brake calipers?

To JackJack, Ph2 rear lights will be done as i dont like these nasty laquered up blacked ones and also i believe i need a phase 2 rear bumper!

Clio 1.6 16v
haha fineee whiskerz you win il have a black badge ;)

God people these days... sell you anything!

Im kidding mate it will look good :) pm me we will sort it out :D

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
I'm in London the now so will take a few days for me to on with it bud but once I'm back al crack on with the spraying ;)

Clio 1.6 16v
Right update time!

So i recently sourced out a 172 at the scrapyard! and had the interior out of it!

Good find in honesty (Thanks to my mate) due to the interior is actually in really good condition!

130.jpg
Got front seats and rear just going to clean them up abit and they will be all good!

Also sprayed my badges black to make it that small bit stealthier ;)