ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Project(Warning Bit Of An Essay)

Clio 1.2
Alright Folks Im New To This Site But Heres A Quick Story On My Project

I Bought It About 5 Months Ago Its A 2003 1.2 16v Dynamique Billabong In Black.

I Payed £1500 For It which Is Very Cheap But The Car Had Been Sat For A Long Time And Had A Few Problems, As Most People Are Aware Some Of Them Had The Problem Of A Leaking Sunroof, As A Result Of This The Seats Were All Mouldy So I Replaced Them With Some New Ones Off A Clio Extreme (The Red And Grey Ones). I Am Going To Post pics Tonight As I Am At Work. Other Stuff That Is

The Car Had Speed Stripes On It So I Removed Them But,The Person Who Owned The Car Had Sprayed Up To The Stripes So The Car Had To Be Resprayed.

There Was The Original Back Bumper On The Car With A Horrible Skirt Badly Fitted To It. So I Removed It And Swapped It With A 182 Bumper

Alot Of Parts Had Beed Stolen From The Car Because It Had Been Sat For So Long Heres A Short List

Headlights had been removed
Front Grill Had Been Stolen
1 Alloy Wheel Had Been Stolen(17 Inch Tsw Wheel) Which I Managed to replace and now have 2 spares.
Full Exhaust Had Been Stolen Which I Also Replaced.

When I First Got The Car It Was Very Chav , So My Project Was To De-chav the car and I Think im nearly there now i think. The Car Still has its rear window tints and some side skirts which i kind of like but it still has lexus rears which I hate. Oh And it has also been lowered on springs I think.

Im into my sound systems so i have fitted a new head unit with a 7inch screen on the front and i have also made a custom center console which now houses a screen which plays dvds from my head unit.

Theres is still a few problems with the car which i have left to do which is where you cliosport members come in as i need you help.

The engine is very tappy it may need new tappits but im not sure about engines.

Airbag light is on but that is because i replaced the seats.
Engine Management light is on but not sure why that is because apart from that tappy engine the car runs fine.
Oh And The Heaters Have Stopped Working, I Have bought some Dials And Gonna Replace Them To See If That Is The Problem. Does Anyone Know About Heaters As I Havent Got A Clue.

I Am Gonna Post Pics Up Tonight For You All To See And Let Me Know What You Think. Another Reason For Posting This Is Because I Wanna Know How Much This Car Is Worth As It Stands As I Have Started College Now And Also Work Full Time So Im Not Sure If Im Gonna Have Time To Finish This Project Off.

Thanks For Reading My English Is Rubbish So I Apologise In Advance.

Andy

Clio 1.2
nope not a cad d its never had a crash my dads mate owns a car lot and it was just sat in is yard for about a year

Megane 230 R26
Sounds like some serious work! The airbag light is indeed because you've put seats in that have side airbags, you just need to wire in a resistor to each seat connector to make it go out, but I can't remember the value you need... someone will reply with it though no doubt :)

Clio 1.2
it stands me at about 3000 quid so im not sure what its worth, the new seats i put in dont have an airbag in the sides like th eoldones did

are you planning on selling it on?

i would have put original seats with side airbags in if i were you!

Clio 1.2
yes im plaaning on selling it,the original seats that had airbags in them were knackered that why i took them out,i was gonna get a 172 interior but as im thinking of selling it im not sure yet

Clio 1.2
n511375432_1269411_4845.jpg

n511375432_1269413_5297.jpg

n511375432_1269535_2272.jpg

n511375432_1269536_2488.jpg

Clio 1.2
right as promised a few pics igonre the center console as ive not finished it properly it was just a trail fit

you got that for 1.5k? what a bargain!

doesnt look that bad!

just return it to standard

wonder why the previous owner put dci badges on though?

Sounds like some serious work! The airbag light is indeed because you've put seats in that have side airbags, you just need to wire in a resistor to each seat connector to make it go out, but I can't remember the value you need... someone will reply with it though no doubt :)

3.3ohm IIRC :)

Clio 1.2
i put the dci badges on as a temp while im spraying the 16v one black ,the previous owner had sprayed them silver,

all im gonna do the exterior is get standard back lights and put the proper badges on the side, i might even get a splitter for the fron bumper,