ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a camera...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Not been in this section for a while but with a few trips planned in the next few months I realised my iPhone may not quite cut it on the picture taking front.

Not looking to spend a fortune so say £200-ish.

Best of with a bridge camera or a slightly older 2nd hand DSLR and say a 18-55mm lens.

Would love to get a lens with a longer zoom but think I'd be lucky with the budget I'm setting.

Any links or info most appreciated as I'm pretty clueless on this matter.

Cheers
Andy.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Quick scan in the for sale section on here.

Canon 450D any good? Seems a reasonable price and 'should' be able to get a 18-55mm lens for £40ish I'd have thought?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The 450 is good. Should pick up a kit lens cheap too.

There are some offers about on the 1100 at the moment too. Think Currys are doing it for £270 with a free tripod too.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
If you trust yourself, and just want it for a few trips, I'm sure I could lend you my 500D.

But yes, a 450 will be fine.

Wow that is a great offer and I do trust myself but I couldn't ask that of you.

Will have a scan to see what offers are on in case I miss a great deal.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Also been looking at possibly buying a Nikon D60... I'm sure they are all much of the same but is this a decent entry level camera?

What size card would I be wanting to store a good few hundred photos? Sorry a newb to this camera malarky.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Cheers Rob, Seen Cliotoby may be selling up so have PM'd him regarding his D60 so will see what comes of that.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
£280 with the 18-55mm Lens, On a tight budget as its a bit of a last minute purchase to coincide with a fairly last minute holiday :eek:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm clueless on cameras, As its been mentioned by a couple of people now, Is the 1100 worth the extra over say a Canon 450 or Nikon D60??

Remembering I'm a complete newbie to DSLR's except for playing around with a family members Canon 300 a few years ago.

450D is a better camera than the 1100D but the 1100D also has video as it's much newer

So if you want to get into dslr stuff seriously then I'd go for the 450D but if you want to just try dslr photography and still have a bit of video for holidays etc.. I'd go 1100D

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Good points from both, Cheers for the info so far guys, Really helpful.