ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(need help) Rocker cover on 172 clio sport 2002 2.0L 16V

clio 172 sport 2002
hey everyone i was thinking of doing my rocker cover on my 172 clio 2.0L 16v, i can't find a lot of information on it. i would love it if someone has a tutorial how to take the rocker cover off. my friend at work told me i have to take the timing case off. any tutorials for anything to do with motor or timing belt would be amazing. looking for workshops manual for clio 172 2002 2.0L 16v too.
IMG_7538.JPG

thanks everyone

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The cam cover holds the cams in place mate, so it's not just a simple case of undoing all the bolts and lifting it off. It's a full cambelt and pulley job off too, and looking at your picture you're now going to need the cam cover resealing.

Welcome to the world of a £450 bill to sort it. You would've been better off cleaning the cam cover up in situ, masking it off and painting it as is.

dan's cast offs.
if that's a picture of yours then i'd be getting the bolts back in before you start messing around and end up in a bit of a mess :wink:

clio 172 sport 2002
The cam cover holds the cams in place mate, so it's not just a simple case of undoing all the bolts and lifting it off. It's a full cambelt and pulley job off too, and looking at your picture you're now going to need the cam cover resealing.

Welcome to the world of a £450 bill to sort it. You would've been better off cleaning the cam cover up in situ, masking it off and painting it as is.
thank you for the advice but i am looking for tutorials