ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 Owner!

MK2 Clio Cup 172
Hi Everyone.
I have just joined up to use the site as a source of information, and post updates on my 172. I got my hands on a 03 plate 172 Cup before Xmas and intended to use it as a track and weekend toy.

I normally do 5/6 track days a year and 1 or 2 ring trips. I have been using my daily cars, witch at the moment is a BMW M140i, but a 172 came up for a good price and so took the plunge to run a dedicated track car.

I am by no means a mechanic and so one of my good friends who owns Unit18 Automative in MK is doing to the majority of the build with me.

The first phase of the build is as follows:
BC Coilover kit
Piper Exhaust system
Full Fluids change
Poweflow Bush set
New Battery
MOT
Pipercross panel filter
Alignment.

I am planning to do a few days and see where I want to improve the car going forward.

I don't want to go full out track car, as it makes driving it to the ring not a nice thing to do. So hoping I can get a feel what to do next after a few track days and a ring trip.

IMG_1590_zps08pllo70.jpg

Renaultsport Clio200
Hello. I recently joined myself having bought my ff200 a week ago. You can't of had the 140 long?! Didn't that only come out a month or so ago?!

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Nice bud same as mine and similar plans to me, get a progress thread going [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk