ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 owner, does anyone know the car?

Hi Guys,
I Live in North Devon. I've owned my 182 since September, I wanted to know if anyone knows of the car as it has the club members sticker in the back? Its black gold reg. DX55DDF. I'm looking for help since owning this vehicle I've been tackling poor running and eml issues. Currently I have A fault code for the rear lamba sensor. so far I've replaced the decat with the original cat, the plugs, leads, coil pack, both lambdas, inlet manifold gaskets and 2 injectors and I've had the car re-timed. this has all helped but I'm scratching my head with the eml still being on.

Thanks
Matt

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hi Guys,
I Live in North Devon. I've owned my 182 since September, I wanted to know if anyone knows of the car as it has the club members sticker in the back? Its black gold reg. DX55DDF. I'm looking for help since owning this vehicle I've been tackling poor running and eml issues. Currently I have A fault code for the rear lamba sensor. so far I've replaced the decat with the original cat, the plugs, leads, coil pack, both lambdas, inlet manifold gaskets and 2 injectors and I've had the car re-timed. this has all helped but I'm scratching my head with the eml still being on.

Thanks
Matt
Have you used a cheap code reader to clear the light and does it keep coming back?
and also if you have what does the code reader tell you in terms of what fault it is?

Edit - Welcome along ! love the numberplate - sorry dont know whos it was.

Have you tried looking at the lambda data live on odb? Sounds like there's another issue causing issues... If it's running rough it won't be the secondary lambda, that's mostly used for gentle fuel trimming, it's the first lambda that is the most important.

I'm wondering if it's something odd like a sticky injector.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If you can't get a code reader yourself - bite the bullet and book it in with your local Renault dealership.

They will be able to tell you what's wrong (along with a complete shopping list of faults) for about £25-£30. That's how I found out about my upstream oxygen sensor being on the blink. Took their advice, thanked them for the quote to replace it (pretty much asking if I would prefer it with or without lube) and then booked it in at an independent.

Worth doing, imo.