ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new camera: FUJI FinePix S5600

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Seems quite cheap to me? Is it a good camera for the price?

I can't afford or justify spending the amount on an SLR one or what ever they are.

I expect this camera would be much better than my current Kodak 3.2MP jobbie? (it is going on 4 yrs old now..)

clicky

757874_01_huge.jpg

B000B69IDI.01.PT03._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39701105_.jpg

B000B69IDI.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V39701105_.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
review of camera

What are the technical detials of this camera like??^^^

Could i do stuff like the slow motion pictures and good close ups etc with it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^^ yeah i'm interested in this thread to, as it looks like a good buy.

I have that camera, not really played with the features properly yet, but the picture quality is superb :D

I need to invest in a guide to using it propery really.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Fujifilm/fuji_finepixs5200z.asp

All the specs, slowest shutter you can do is 15 seconds... looks great for the price..!

I'd recommend getting this with it..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

Also worth checking out whats on the Canon Refurb store..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet-...3159028QQihZ018QQcategoryZ31388QQcmdZViewItem

Is that not too good then?? would you need longer to do the cool slow motion pics?

Whats your idea of slow motion? You'll get motion blur with 0.5 seconds easily, heres a few samples with different shutter speeds to give you an idea:

1/160th second
th_IMG_5445-PSLarge.jpg

1/2 second
th_IMG_3559-PSs.jpg

5 seconds
th_IMG_0713-PS.jpg

15 seconds is more than enough for most unless you want to do 1596seconds :D :

th_IMG_3832-PS2Medium.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ah cool cheers Pete, i would liek to be able to do this:
IMG_0713-PS.jpg

there may well be a purchase for me... i can't afford a really superdupa slr job, and this may be a good one to get as it is cheap.

Stick it on a tripod and yeah you should be able to get shots like that with the Fuji :)

I'd recomend also looking at a Panasonic Lumix, some can be had for £200 new, cost a bit more but you'll get a proper battery/charger as opposed to having to buy AA's..

GR7

Shiny red R32
I've got the previous model to that (S5500) and I have taken some really good pics with it especially with the macro (close ups of flowers etc) and the zoom is excellent and also the sports mode is good for the car or bike racing.

Sunflower1A.gif

Last edited:

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
ive got the fuji finepix S9500 and it can take some great piccis. i think i need a tri pod though. where is the best place to get one.

I was going to suggest the PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-FZ7 for around £200, but seeing as Argos are doing the fuji so much cheaper I'd go with that on a budget as you'll need to buy memory etc...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just bought me one of these cameras :) so i'll get some pic up when it arrives.

im interested in getting the S9500, im hoping its going to be good for Grand Prix's, i dont really want to throw loads of cash at an SLR really, as i cant justify using it enough for the cost.