ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car....Again...E46 M3

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Just been to get a quote for a wheel refurb. £305 in a standard colour finish.

Never had any wheels refurbed before so dunno if that's the going rate for a set of 4 19"wheels?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Never had any wheels refurbed before so dunno if that's the going rate for a set of 4 19"wheels?
When you say standard, is that having them diamond cut? Or just painted and lacquered?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Oh and when I said standard, I didn't mean standard BMW finish. I meant a standard non funky colour

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's just painted and lacquered mate
That's at the upper end of the scale then.

We charge £90 a wheel to have the tyres removed, acid dipped, shot blasted, powder coated, faces diamond cut and the whole wheel lacquered.

When people (even us!) just paint the faces, I'm never 100% happy with it.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S

I got quoted £60 per wheel for 17" without tyres so £75 for 19" sounds alright

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
That's at the upper end of the scale then.

We charge £90 a wheel to have the tyres removed, acid dipped, shot blasted, powder coated, faces diamond cut and the whole wheel lacquered.

When people (even us!) just paint the faces, I'm never 100% happy with it.
Hmmm few more quotes needed then. Lacking in wheel refurbers round here though, and I can't be arsed travelling.

If they're all around that price then I'll go back to wanting CSLs, then flog my current wheels as they are

Renault Clio RS Cup
Check out Rader International. Full OEM remanufacture. I work for Rader Manchester and there is a centre in the East Mids, that could probably assist you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW 330ci
I was in the same situation. Either wheel Refurb or Csls.

Just go csls [emoji23]personally think they look so much better with a little drop from eibach.

5b08e242d450bcbd919294d24c82d790.jpg

e5ec3ac3cf0458c7977531a240db19fc.jpg

33962ae2ca70319e36967c62b4b513f5.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I was in the same situation. Either wheel Refurb or Csls.

Just go csls [emoji23]personally think they look so much better with a little drop from eibach.

5b08e242d450bcbd919294d24c82d790.jpg

e5ec3ac3cf0458c7977531a240db19fc.jpg

33962ae2ca70319e36967c62b4b513f5.jpg
It looks good but the problem with eibach is they don't drop the front enough. It almost loses its nose down rake that I love.

H&R lowers too much all round. Basically the only way I'll be happy is with coilovers. But I'm not into spending that kind of money or going into them sort of mods lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I don't get it. I didn't particularly like mine but I really want one again.
@Herr Flick - Car Gestapo didnt you have a grey SMG? I remember James banging on about how epic it was at the time! I know what you mean though, i love e46 M3's when i dont own one, but when i do, i just spend my life listening for small noises that might suggest impending doom 😂

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
@Herr Flick - Car Gestapo didnt you have a grey SMG? I remember James banging on about how epic it was at the time! I know what you mean though, i love e46 M3's when i dont own one, but when i do, i just spend my life listening for small noises that might suggest impending doom 😂
Yeh went down to Bournemouth to buy it not knowing a single thing about them lol.
Was a great car back then but just know if I buy another now i'm not 19 it will just be s**t.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Lol like my coil pack going when im going up a hill this morning...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yeh went down to Bournemouth to buy it not knowing a single thing about them lol. Was a great car back then but just know if I buy another now i'm not 19 it will just be s**t.
If it helps, i bought one knowing loads about them & it still broke 😂
Lol like my coil pack going when im going up a hill this morning...
Doh!! At least you have 5 other cylinders to get you home.
Driving form Goodwood to Weybridge (40 miles) in the mini with one missing was a bit harder lol.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I find it hard not to think of these for a 2nd car. It's just the potential bills that are a bit off-putting. But on the same coin, even including major issues there's not much else that offers the same package. 350Z is cool, but there's something a bit more cool about the M3

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Can we stop talking about them breaking in my thread please haha!

Phew only £100 bill.

My alternator went and that was £400 a couple months ago.

I really like the M3. I use it as a daily and its great. Its still a quick car by modern standards when you get going.

Hard to think of something to replace it. 996 C4S maybe?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
You're kidding right? The noise is fuckin awesome!

Personally preference at the end of the day, I really hate the noise they make. I think my Clio sounds better than most M3's I've heard (Flame suit on 😂).

They'd sound much better if they were deeper and less tinny.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yeah, I remember hearing one fire up when I was walking around a dealer years ago. They were just shuffling the cars around and still thought it sounded epic.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
You're kidding right? The noise is fuckin awesome!

It divides opinions.

Ocassionally it does sound like a bang of nails and a little sewing machine-esque mid range of revs.

It is an unusual sound for sure.