ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car- Fiesta ST-Line

Swift Sport
I just can't see a 1.0 3-cylinder engine pushing 2.0 power being able to cope with everything your average keen motorist would throw at it. You only have to look at the issues VW had with their 1.4 turbocharged and supercharged unit.

Listerine & Poledo
If you don't mind having more regular rebuilds......
I just can't see a 1.0 3-cylinder engine pushing 2.0 power being able to cope with everything your average keen motorist would throw at it. You only have to look at the issues VW had with their 1.4 turbocharged and supercharged unit.
The 2.8l capri developed 150hp in the 70's
The Civic Vti made 150hp from a 1.6, in the 90s
now, Ford make nearly the same from a commercially available 1.0.

Sure, you wont get the smell of a carb-fed V6
or the noise of VTEC (y0)
But you do get more MPG's (maybe) and a mroe refined unit.
It's progress.....kind of.

OKJ, it progresses people into their dealerships more often for services as I can imagine that the old Cologne engine will still be putting out 150hp even after the new fiesta has shat all it's boost hoses and minced its turbo.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I know mines had absolute death since ownership and had no issues so far....... granted it's stock at 125hp.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I might have something exciting coming on Friday.
IMG_20170424_151942_840_zpszcswxd9s.jpg

Note the distinct lack of the word 'line'. :wink:

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Nice. Needs a clean though, filthy.

:smiley:
I had just driven it from Oulton to Leeds on trade plates to be fair. It's gotta be bad when you have to pick up your own new car from another dealership to get it PDI'd, registered etc. :laughing:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Blame the big Germans for the sub-brands. Sline and M Sport. Built and marketed to give Ian in sales that little lift that his life isn't as dull as it most definitely f*cking is.
He also gets to say 116d M Sport at parties. F*ck off, Ian.
I like the new Fiesta. Good looking car. Silly model designation though.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
The ST was PDI'd yesterday but as it had been sat for a few days it was put on trickle charge overnight to be on the safe side. So I took a quick pic through the door to the PDI bays on my way out.
IMG_20170428_184754_312_zps0wgurrhc.jpg

So I went in to pick it up this morning, I love it. It seems like an even better version of the Fiesta Metal I used to have.
Frozen white really suits the Fiesta especially with the grey wheels, the seats are very comfy and I like how the heated part of the seats is on your lower back area as it feels less like you've soiled yourself when you have them on. I only really drove it home today as I had a couple of things to do but I'll have a blast out in it over the bank holiday at some point.
You may notice on the pics that my dad has a frozen white Kuga, it's a bit of a frozen white Ford club at our house at the moment! :laughing:
IMG_20170429_122803_983_zpsq1vf53p1.jpg

IMG_20170429_211617_303_zps6vyxbhgj.jpg

Dem Recaros. :hearteyes:
IMG_20170429_122803_984_zpsjqaezeyc.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ooooooh, you got the wrong colour seats!

Other than that, good choice! I'm slightly riled that yours has slipped through this smoothly and mine, two months after it was built, is still nowhere tyo be seen. Grr.

Enjoy the drive when you get out in it.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Ooooooh, you got the wrong colour seats!

Other than that, good choice! I'm slightly riled that yours has slipped through this smoothly and mine, two months after it was built, is still nowhere tyo be seen. Grr.

Enjoy the drive when you get out in it.
I could've had one with molten orange seats but I prefer the grey seats.

Mine was already built to be fair so it was pretty fast turnaround. From looking at prices to getting the car was around 5 days. Someone else at work is getting one but she wanted spirit blue and she's having to wait until it's brought over from Belgium.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Well after 2 years the Fiesta ST 3 is going, it's replacement will be... a Fiesta ST 3! I've gone for Performance Blue, it has the performance pack, B&O audio and door edge protectors. I have to wait 2 - 3 weeks as it's in Dagenham and needs a transporter slot to come free. I can't bloody wait!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Well after 2 years the Fiesta ST 3 is going, it's replacement will be... a Fiesta ST 3! I've gone for Performance Blue, it has the performance pack, B&O audio and door edge protectors. I have to wait 2 - 3 weeks as it's in Dagenham and needs a transporter slot to come free. I can't bloody wait!
(y) What sort of deal did you get

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Can you get the Ford Performance wheels to fit these? Would look brilliant I reckon. Expensive though.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Oh, yeah they should fit. They're a size down though as the ST 3 comes with 18s, also f**k paying that per wheel. They would look pretty good though.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yeah seems the 18" version is five stud only. I'm surprised they didn't move to five stud with the new car. Would look great with that style of wheel on it I think.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Yeah seems the 18" version is five stud only. I'm surprised they didn't move to five stud with the new car. Would look great with that style of wheel on it I think.
Yeah me too, it would be great with the same 5 stud pattern as the Focus. Could have the Focus ST style pack wheels then.
p1020780e.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure manufacturers will pack it in soon enough as droves of customers start coming back for wheel refurbishments.
Diamond cut wheels never stay looking factory fresh for very long.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yeah it's a very odd trend. One of the wheels on my Golf R had started to go before it was a year old. Ford have had loads of problems with some of their wheels. You'd think they would have learned by now.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I will be getting an ST3 on order next month and selling my MK7.5 so would be goo to see what you think of it .

I know Revo have just done there stage 1 250 BHP and 270 LB/FT so there are loads of good things coming out if you want to fiddle .

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Not approved by Ford this time as they say the engine can't take it. Will be interesting to see how the tuning potential of these compares to the old car.