ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car - Honda Accord

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Looking good sir, looking forward to seeing it with the new grill on
Many thanks, I think a small ducktail spoiler would finish the back off nicely like this.
$_12.jpg

Then the wheels really need a refurb, MOT in a couple of months though so I'm concentrating on that for now.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I saw a Skunk2 Racing gear knob on eBay for cheap so I got it and whilst I was fitting it I sprayed the gear stick black as you could see the bare slightly rusty metal.
IMAG0447_zps06ppxiku.jpg

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Put the new grille on today, it's from an i-CDTi sport and is essentially the same as the Type S grille. I had to get one from a diesel though as there are a few differences involving the cooling system etc than mean bumpers & grille are slightly different.
IMAG0461_zpszlep2dx6.jpg

The plan long term is to save a bit of cash and get a bonnet & headlights from the facelift model to freshen up the front, a little spoiler for the rear, get the wheel refurbished and possibly get the Sport bodykit. The car could also do with a respray at some point as it has a few scuffs and scratches from 10 years of use.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I forgot to say it went in for it's MOT as my brother in law gets a free one through work and passed...

...once £441 worth of work had been done. The alignment needed doing, the bonnet cable snapped as the latch was seized, the o/s/f caliper was seized, new front pads were needed as a result, the n/s/r anti roll bar needed replacing and the n/s/f needed something doing with the suspension but I can't remember what (top mount maybe?). That is all at staff rates on parts & labour too! Oh and it also had an advisory for leaky PAS.

At least it's sorted for a year (hopefully).