ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member after a Clio turbo

Volkswagen
Firstly hi to all new to this Clio/Renault game been reading up a lot about Clio 172/182's and I like the sound of them hence why I'm here value for money I don't think you can beat them at the minute.
I'm currently after the right Clio I'm pretty fussy and OCD and it has to be turbo'ed I don't mind paying good money for the right car so if you guys know anyone thinking of selling up let me know also trying to find one with below 60k and if there's any useful info to share on the subject of turbo clios with things to watch out for and the right set ups please let me know

Regards

Matt

There might be cheaper turbo clios out there but they won't work out cheaper in the long run. Christ Almightys is a cracking car and worth the money!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to the club. Why do you want a turbo 1*2?. Maybe you should try a standard one first to feel why they got the reputation they have. Adding a turbo alters the characteristics dramatically.
If you really want a turbo one then as said @Christ Almighty has a well sorted high boost one for sale. Low miles isn't more important than good history either.

RB Clio 182
Welcome to the club. Why do you want a turbo 1*2?. Maybe you should try a standard one first to feel why they got the reputation they have. Adding a turbo alters the characteristics dramatically.
If you really want a turbo one then as said @Christ Almighty has a well sorted high boost one for sale. Low miles isn't more important than good history either.
Mine has full history and not bad mileage, its just turned over 83k.

The car has a few niggles which im currently sorting, but if someone wants it as it is they can, but i just like people to know, although they are only small niggles.

The passenger window doesnt work, ive tried a different regulator to no avail, so i have ordered new switches which are yet to arrive.

The aircon pipe near the radiator as you look in the bay is disconnected, this has been like this since the turbo build, for some reason clioturbo didnt re connect it, so it will also need re gassing.

I think i have a wheen bearing on the way out, put im planning on new discs and pads all round anyway.

Apart from this the car is mint!

172 Cup
Mine has full history and not bad mileage, its just turned over 83k.

The car has a few niggles which im currently sorting, but if someone wants it as it is they can, but i just like people to know, although they are only small niggles.

The passenger window doesnt work, ive tried a different regulator to no avail, so i have ordered new switches which are yet to arrive.

The aircon pipe near the radiator as you look in the bay is disconnected, this has been like this since the turbo build, for some reason clioturbo didnt re connect it, so it will also need re gassing.

I think i have a wheen bearing on the way out, put im planning on new discs and pads all round anyway.

Apart from this the car is mint!

Gorgeous car, good luck with the sale.

Volkswagen
Hi everyone thanks for messaging
Yes I see toms infact I messaged him inquiring about it the day I joined,nice nice car but like I say I'm after one with a tad less miles no offence to tom and I don't wanna waste his time.like I say I don't mind paying good money for the right car,in terms of reliability turbocharged are they good on standard internals and what hp do they usually make?

RB Clio 182
Hi everyone thanks for messaging
Yes I see toms infact I messaged him inquiring about it the day I joined,nice nice car but like I say I'm after one with a tad less miles no offence to tom and I don't wanna waste his time.like I say I don't mind paying good money for the right car,in terms of reliability turbocharged are they good on standard internals and what hp do they usually make?
Have you changed your username?

Volkswagen
No same user name Christ almighty,why have I came up as something different?? I want good history like you said and low miles,I'm being fussy now aren't I lol

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Low boost conversions on standard internals are usually around 230bhp, I'm not sure on the torque. This seems to be a recognised safe figure and plenty of power in a mk2. Maybe you should look for a good low miles car and just have engine dynamics boost it. Their turnaround is quick and I don't think I've heard a bad word about them.

Volkswagen
Low boost conversions on standard internals are usually around 230bhp, I'm not sure on the torque. This seems to be a recognised safe figure and plenty of power in a mk2. Maybe you should look for a good low miles car and just have engine dynamics boost it. Their turnaround is quick and I don't think I've heard a bad word about them.

I was thinking that tbh. maybe the way forward or maybe a decent n/a modded one looking to be turbo'd,thanks I shall have a look at engine dynamics

Volkswagen
Why do you want low mileage out of interest? How low are we talking?
83k was fairly low last time I checked!

This.

83k is low mileage for a 10-15 year old Clio

I'm 100% with you guys for a 10-15 year old car that is low millage,I've got to the point in my life now where I've got some money to spend I've always wanted a Clio sport I fancy doing some track days and a trip to the ring and I'm after a lower mileage car oh and I'm having a mid life crisis too lol

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm 100% with you guys for a 10-15 year old car that is low millage,I've got to the point in my life now where I've got some money to spend I've always wanted a Clio sport I fancy doing some track days and a trip to the ring and I'm after a lower mileage car oh and I'm having a mid life crisis too lol
Eh

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
My advice would be to steer clear of them unless you like repairing them. I'm sure they're good ones out there but I think the majority have had issues and turn into money pits.

mk1 Octavia VRS
What's up with you I'm only saying what I'm after

Yes but this is a forum of car enthusiasts like me who know that when looking at cars 10-15 years old there are many other factors than mileage that are important.

My 172 was on 123k when I sold it and was in better condition than most others at that price, regardless of mileage.

172 Turbo
My low boost is going up for sale next week... good history you want?

IMG_2479.JPG

Add those babies up 😂

But 86k so not for you!