ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member looking for an unmodified Clio

erk

Skoda
Hi,
New member registered so I can keep an eye on the FS forum, and glean some valuable info on these amazing cars.
My daily drive is a company Octavia diesel, and I'm looking for an unmodified 182 at around the 1-1.5k mark, is that realistic?

From what I've picked up, the dephasers seem to go on all variants, and the cheese used to make the gearboxes was changed from Edam to camembert on the 197s, but other than that they are fairly robust?

I sort of know what to expect as I had a 205, 309, and 106 gti back in the day, so they can't be much worse than they were I guess? Also my other car has a K series in it so I realise my tool chest might get some use.

Any car suggestions would be gratefully received.

erk

Skoda
Yeah the 182 Is a decent car mate. For that budget I'd aim to get a nice 172 imo.
Thanks for the input, I must have read about a thousand adverts and they're starting to blur into one. There seems to be some really cheap 197s popping up now and then, is that likely to be because they have gearbox problems?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Thanks for the input, I must have read about a thousand adverts and they're starting to blur into one. There seems to be some really cheap 197s popping up now and then, is that likely to be because they have gearbox problems?
197's have depreciated a lot quicker than the 172/182's.

If you're looking at a 197, gearbox, exhaust flexis, lower ball joints. That's your common issues.

Welcome to the club by the way.