ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New... My Plans... What do you's think?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Hi I'm 16 and from Northern Ireland and can't wait to get on the road! My mum owns a blue 2001 1.2 Dynamique which I'm taking off her hands when I turn 17:D

I've already started to make a few small changes...

Renault Sport Grille (fitted today)
Silvervisions
Clear Side Indicator Lenses

And I plan to to do the following before I turn 17

40mm Lowering Springs
Light Tints
16 Inch Oz Ultraleggeras
Momo Race Evo Gearknob
3.5 Inch PowerFlow cut into the rear bumper
Cup Spoiler
Colour Coded Side Strips, Bumper Strips, Door Handles and Spoiler
New Head Unit (unsure of which one yet)

All opinions welcome good or bad...

Pics to come soon

Thanks

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Welcome!
I'm glad at the young age of 17 you have some taste, sounds good! Not a fan of tints on clios though.

sounds good mate

i seem to spend all my money fixiing the damn car instead of modding it though

post pics when you can

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
i was thinking about not doing the tints anyway because its illegal to do the front ones and just doing the back ones looks daft imo

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
dont mean to piss on your plans but have you checked out insurance? i had all these crazy ideas that soon went out the window lol

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Hope you mum has told her insurance about your mods ;)

Welcome to the club though fella

dirty white 197 cup
sounds interesting, tho i do agree with the others that tints are definately not good. As a young person soon to be driving myself, i think ur insurance is going to be the biggest headache of all :(

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
yea i've checked out insurance and its 2000quid in my own name with my mum as the second driver. and thats fully comp so its not too bad.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
yea i know but quinn seem to be quite decent. most youngish people i know who have modified cars are insured by quinn.

random question but does anyone know if the dynamique grilles are worth anything?

clio 1.2 dynamique 16v
I was going to do the tinting to my clio dynamique also, was just wandering why people are put of by this?

In response to the exhaust I would not go too big you will lose power with that exhaust I have a twin 2.5 inch exhaust by peco and that is loud, yours would be ear deafining LOL, and you can fit 17's on these motors so go with them IMO I have got 15 spoke 215/45/17 I think or 205/45/17 they fit a dream actual wheel size not much bigger than the original so no rubbing.

And also in response to Dr rollo what has gone wrong with your clio I have had all sorts gone wrong with mine my bro in the year before I took it off his hands spent £1000 on it and it has cost be front anti roll bar links, rear wheel bearings exhaust rubber just gone so that is banging, new clutch and now i think that the gearbox has gone anyone know how I could tell if it has or not? things that i need to look/hear out for? would be much appreciated :D Thankyou

But good to know where you wanna go with your mods mate good job I am a new member nice to meet you too :D

Man do the tints! lol dont listen to others do what u think looks good..
I got tints on my cup looks the part.
I didnt get them though for the look i just dont want u looking inside my car
to be honest.
There not illegal either.Limo tint on the back and side and the front two the legal limit allowed on uk roads which any decent tiniting place should know..
Looks the part...

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
aye but the limit for the side is 25% i think. and most side windows come with a factory tint which is somewhere in around this. can anyone verify this?

if i get them i just want light ones anyways. maybe medium on the rear three. not going to do any more mods soon coz dont want to put my mums insurance up as she is still driving it atm :(

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
In response to the exhaust I would not go too big you will lose power with that exhaust I have a twin 2.5 inch exhaust by peco and that is loud, yours would be ear deafining LOL, and you can fit 17's on these motors so go with them IMO I have got 15 spoke 215/45/17 I think or 205/45/17 they fit a dream actual wheel size not much bigger than the original so no rubbing.

i just want an exhaust that looks like it could have been there from standard. sporty looking and nice note of it. come to think of it 3.5 may be too big:S

16's with low profiles have nearly the same circumference as the standard wheels. bigger wheels will make it slower will it not? just remember i cant afford to lose much more speed as its only a 1.2:rasp:

anyone know the size of f0xy's exhaust? want mine to look something like his.

Last edited: